Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Caravan Guard as Bane  (Read 1315 times)

The Do-Operator

• Scout
  • Respect: +23
    • View Profile
Caravan Guard as Bane
« on: July 02, 2016, 05:04:02 pm »

I just played a game with Caravan Guard as Young Witch's bane card. When my opponent plays his Young Witch, Making Fun's online implementation has a sequence of events where I first choose whether to play Caravan Guard in response, and then get to reveal it as a bane only if I did not play it as a reaction card.

I can't see anything in the text that suggests that playing the reaction card happens before the reveal of the bane.  Is this a bug in the online implementation?

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
Re: Caravan Guard as Bane
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 05:09:09 pm »
+10

No, it's correct. Reactions happen on play of the card. Playing the card happens before the text of the card, which gives the instruction that you may reveal the bane card. The implementation is correct and caravan card is the most annoying bane card ever.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10767
    • View Profile
Re: Caravan Guard as Bane
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 05:21:46 pm »
+4

Note that this means, for example, that if your opponent plays Minion while you have Moat in hand, you must reveal the most before the opponent makes a decision about getting money vs making you discard cards. Same with Pirate Ship.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.