Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What to open here?  (Read 1244 times)

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
What to open here?
« on: January 29, 2012, 05:22:07 am »

Key cards for this Province game: Governor, Witch, Envoy Watchtower, Chapel, Wishing Well, Menagerie

What do you open on 4/3?

My plan was to grab a Witch, because I still think it has some merit besides Watchtower and Chapel being available.
With a Chapeled deck, I wanted to use a Governor and two to gain some Golds and with a dense deck, I could easily "Remodel" the Golds or simply buy Provinces with all the Golds. The "attack" of flooding my opponent with Silvers would also be nice.

I opened Silver/Chapel.
My opponent opened Watchtower/Chapel.

Getting both Watchtower ánd Chapel was a mistake imho, terminal collision and drawing Chapel off Watchtower is horrible.

But what I really wondered about is Silver/Silver with a Witch and simple big money or a Witch and some Governors.

Your choice?

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Empathy

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
Re: What to open here?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 10:03:20 am »

no village D=?

I would probably have opened chapel+silver, then menagerie+governor, then grabbed ww, maybe a witch.

I would expect menagerie and ww to be key here for chapel/something to win over plain BM/witch.

ww loves chapel (if you count cards) and governor (I guess... gold!)

similarly, menagerie loves chapel (just don't get more than one silver: trash them to governors) and governor (gain gol/upgrade card, menagerie).

If there is a village, you can yourself play witch much earlier without disrupting the menagerie engine.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: What to open here?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 12:15:51 pm »

Governor/chapel is so fast that I wouldn't worry about witch. I'd open silver chapel, buying one or two more silver, then ww with under five, governor with five+.  if opponent witches, governor draw + chapel can clean.

edit: rereading this, I sound decisive, whereas I'm actually not. In particular, no thoughts on w.w. vs. menagerie. Menagerie normally smokes w.w., but governor is likely to set up lots of situtations where it doesn't work. Still, menagerie just smokes w.w. So I flip-flop.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:21:29 pm by ehunt »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.