Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Duchy buy saves me, but how could I have played it better?  (Read 1225 times)

vulturesrow

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Duchy buy saves me, but how could I have played it better?
« on: January 27, 2012, 12:54:14 am »

I felt like I was scrambling this whole and had some fairly unlucky draws. A Duchy saves me (although an estate passed to me by Masq. wouldve been the margin of victory as well).

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201201/26/game-20120126-215036-9e9d4cec.html

So I had some nice draws near the end. Did I miss a chance to make things easier on myself?

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
Re: Duchy buy saves me, but how could I have played it better?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 02:23:25 am »

For reference, 1 Masquerade + BM should net 4 provinces in about 13 turns and you can add 2-3 with the minion attack, which can be mean. You took 19 in this game. That's too many. I'd say you likely lost some turns because you were distracted with the black market, which is most of the time a nice shiny trap. You probably should have stayed away from the villages because there isn't great combo potential and this is a pretty fast board. Also if you look at some of your turns, you'd likely be able to get the minions faster had those villages been silvers. Those things probably didn't slow you down much, so I'd say overall you played this pretty well.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 09:16:42 am »

Take a market or woodcutter for an extra buy. This would allow you to pick up some extra little cards like havens that would be of benefit or perhaps ramp up to double province turns.

RisingJaguar

• Minion
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 11:18:18 am »

This is very board specific... and not even sure if its too slow.  But village/council room should allow you to draw pretty decent cards.  You can use black market similarly to tactician to remove all treasures.  Then after minion discard.  This eliminates all the council room +1cards but black market alleviates the problem with minion (limited treasure use).  On second thought, I think you lose the minion battle this way... but fun thought. 
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.54 seconds with 20 queries.