Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40  All

Author Topic: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (Game Over - Cylons Win!)  (Read 97511 times)

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D2)
« Reply #275 on: August 26, 2016, 06:12:50 am »

By the way, what do you think about the two kills?
IMO there are two plausible options (if i am not missing sth):
1. Town PR with NK has got the traitor hint. But they could have outed their doubts on Day 1. Of course, mafia could have killed Seprix and the PR efhw but I don't see any reason for a town PR to kill efhw. He wasn't really scummy at all.

2. There is a serial killer out there. Especially when I look at the last sentence of Haddocks flavor post, this becomes a much more likely case than #1.

Could there be a killer in their midst?
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 26, 2016, 06:31:13 am »

If the scumteam is small, and they know BSG, they may assume they're in line to get more members later on though townies discovering they're actually scum after all. That was literally my first thought when Haddock mentioned a BSG-themed mafia game, because the Cylon team in the BSG boardgame works with a hidden traitor mechanic in which additional alignments are dealt part-way through.

OTOH, if we know there are already scums and at least one traitor, maybe there's some hope that Haddocks's not messing with us to quite that extent?

Paranoia is a big theme in BSG...

This makes me wish I knew more on the flavor.

I'm happy to ladle out spoilers if people want them. There's a lot of time spent being paranoid about Cylons because they look exactly like humans, and then later on there's an arc where several key characters discover they've unknowingly been cylons all along. It gets really spoilery to say more, though, and I'm not sure how relevant it will be to Haddock's game.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 26, 2016, 08:40:17 am »

I was under the impression that mail-mi took responsibility for the extra NK.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 26, 2016, 09:34:41 am »

Explanation please

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 26, 2016, 09:38:15 am »

Well, figured out what happened to teamlyle.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 26, 2016, 09:48:24 am »

not liking the chairs wagon

instead how about  a vote: SpaceAnemone

What don't you like about the chairs wagon?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 26, 2016, 09:49:14 am »

there goes my biggest town read  :o ;D

nicely done

Explain.

explain what?

Kinda defends silverspawn here:

On the other hand EFHW's and iguana's reactions to my posts just seem more natural for someone who's a lot more social than me. Silver's looking to exploit the opportunity

Yeah, SS's reads feel opportunistic to me as well. He plays that way though, but considering he's been scum pretty much every time lately, I would still present that as part of a potential case.

That is not a defense. That is an attack.

so we have silverspawn and diedre, who were the two that Seprix defended.

And I don't like that you are repeating this

I guess it's more like you were one of the two people still alive that Seprix mentioned by name

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 26, 2016, 09:52:46 am »

I read that as Mail-mi assuming that Seprix used his special voting to take out teamlyle, thereby solving the mystery of his untimely death. I guess the fact that Seprix didn't show up at all on the wagon is odd, but I'm not sure how the mechanism of double-voting would work with wagons. Do both votes have to be on the same person, or could his public first vote be on "not voting", and a secret second one move to teamlyle to get the hammer there?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 26, 2016, 09:53:41 am »

By the way, what do you think about the two kills?
IMO there are two plausible options (if i am not missing sth):
1. Town PR with NK has got the traitor hint. But they could have outed their doubts on Day 1. Of course, mafia could have killed Seprix and the PR efhw but I don't see any reason for a town PR to kill efhw. He wasn't really scummy at all.

2. There is a serial killer out there. Especially when I look at the last sentence of Haddocks flavor post, this becomes a much more likely case than #1.

Could there be a killer in their midst?

I would say there is little likelihood of a serial killer. That would mean that you have 3 scum and a serial killer which is 3/1/8, which is super incredibly swingy. I think most experienced players wouldn't have shot N1 so either it is compulsory or a newbie is a good shot.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 26, 2016, 09:55:12 am »

I read that as Mail-mi assuming that Seprix used his special voting to take out teamlyle, thereby solving the mystery of his untimely death. I guess the fact that Seprix didn't show up at all on the wagon is odd, but I'm not sure how the mechanism of double-voting would work with wagons. Do both votes have to be on the same person, or could his public first vote be on "not voting", and a secret second one move to teamlyle to get the hammer there?

It must've been that he had a secret vote because of the vote counts. Teamlyle actually was at L-1 for at least a moment, so the vote came after the vote count right before the final vote count.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2016, 10:01:31 am »

It must've been that he had a secret vote because of the vote counts. Teamlyle actually was at L-1 for at least a moment, so the vote came after the vote count right before the final vote count.

I'm questioning why it has to be Seprix who had the secret vote, and not some other player. Teamlyle was at L-1, so it wouldn't even have required the double-voting thing to kill him.

Also, does anyone other than Silver read Mail-mi as taking responsibility for the extra NK?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2016, 10:09:27 am »

Well, since you think that, guess I'll claim a little bit. No, I did not do the extra night kill.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2016, 10:22:05 am »

I'm questioning why it has to be Seprix who had the secret vote, and not some other player. Teamlyle was at L-1, so it wouldn't even have required the double-voting thing to kill him.

Also, does anyone other than Silver read Mail-mi as taking responsibility for the extra NK?

Usually there is only one person with vote-altering stuff in their role

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 26, 2016, 10:24:11 am »

Well, since you think that, guess I'll claim a little bit. No, I did not do the extra night kill.

I see.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 26, 2016, 10:28:47 am »

Well, it is quite unlikely that there are two guys out there having special voting ability, particular two scums with that ability. And since only scum would have had an interest in ending the day that early, all signs point to Seprix.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D1)
« Reply #290 on: August 26, 2016, 10:58:21 am »

So looking at chairs, we have this vote from him on teamlyle

I'm here.  Vote: diedre, just because.

Being here is clearly a scumslip

Does this make me an IC, since I wasn't here so long?

Last game I wasn't really that relevant because my reads weren't that good. This game I'm hoping to help town more if I'm town, and help scum more if I'm scum.

Realtalk, vote: teamlyle

That puts teamlyle at L-1

The day does end early upon a lynch. I will not retract my vote, however - I'd like to see this play out.

This vote makes me think that he knew about the secret voting/double voting thing. 

Not much from D1, but that one post is enough for vote: chairs

Are you on drugs? How could I have possibly known about the doublevote/hiddenvote thing? Seprix was a traitor - which means even his partners didn't know he existed.

Anyway, working on updating my reads now that we know seprix was scum and efhw was town - my next biggest scumread was iguana D1. Not sure that still holds because I've slept since then, but that's where I'll be starting.

What about the other parts of my case on you?

I don't see any "other" part of your case.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D1)
« Reply #291 on: August 26, 2016, 11:05:53 am »

I don't see any "other" part of your case.

I guess the part about you putting teamlyle at L-1 wasn't stated very well.  Why did you think that was a good vote?  Why was the post that you quoted enough to put him at L-1?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 26, 2016, 11:09:29 am »

Vote: silverspawn. I'm VLA until Tuesday. More when I get a chance. Please don't end the day.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 26, 2016, 11:13:43 am »

Am I not smiling enough for your liking here? :-)

idc how much you smile, but you can never not post enough smileys.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 26, 2016, 11:16:17 am »

that it's on chairs

I don't think he overreacted to pressure ... two quick votes is serious stuff with just 9 players and hidden votes flying around.

And the quote you pulled that you say suggests that he knew about the secret vote suggests the opposite to me.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 26, 2016, 11:47:29 am »

that it's on chairs

I don't think he overreacted to pressure ... two quick votes is serious stuff with just 9 players and hidden votes flying around.

And the quote you pulled that you say suggests that he knew about the secret vote suggests the opposite to me.

How does it suggest the opposite to you?  How does saying that he will keep his vote because he wants to see what happens suggest that he didn't know about a secret vote?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 26, 2016, 12:54:28 pm »

Vote: Seprix
I have a ton of catching up to do but reading D1 he doesn't look good
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 26, 2016, 01:00:43 pm »

Hes dead

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 26, 2016, 01:13:13 pm »

I don't actually know what to say about this.  I mean you have a list of your meta tells probably in your notes app, so I feel like this is just a little over the top.

What about reading him D1 doesn't look so good?  What is your case on him?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 26, 2016, 01:21:55 pm »

Hes dead
Yeah I realized that
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40  All

Page created in 2.579 seconds with 20 queries.