Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40  All

Author Topic: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (Game Over - Cylons Win!)  (Read 97623 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D3)
« Reply #825 on: September 07, 2016, 06:12:25 pm »

all the smiley faces. slight scum read.
This is just me. Check my one previous game, where I was also town.

On Day 1, she didn't talk about the actual game at all. Day 1 was surprisingly short, but still. lots of scum points for that.
This is my second game, and is bigger than the only other one I've played in before. It contains a bunch of you who've known each other for a while, so I was intimidated and didn't feel as comfortable speaking out as I did in the other game. Plus, the other game I was in was still going on for me to start with, and for a newbie with a really busy work/social life to suddenly be in two games at once was a struggle, so I focused on the game where more things were going on. Maybe it sounds scummy to you, but it's the truth.

"Okay, I need to get to posting some thoughts!" scummy. Reply #335 is the first actual post of content, and it doesn't start off well. "Look at me guys, I'm contributing, so I'm town right?!" it says.
I'm acknowledging that I wasn't very present, and responding in the most useful way I know how, which is to contribute to the game. Yes, I sounded forced and socially awkward/overconscious a few times, but I'm also doing what I can to help town.

Note the time of day that post was made -- 20.45 forum time is really late for me (in the UK), and I have a full-time job (plus lots of extra hours), so sometimes squeezing time for reads meant skimping on sleep. Some of my later over-reacting was also really late at night, which is something I need to be more careful about doing.

"I suppose I should also react and actually vote!" still feels forced to me. still scummy.
Yeah, I have no explanation for that one, other than that it didn't sound scummy to me in my head when I typed it. I just wanted to have recorded my ideas first, and then voted as a result of them, so it felt kind of logical to split them into two posts with some kind of bridge between them. I agree it sounds awful and forced in retrospect.

Huh... look at this:

Roadrunner is quite susceptible to pleas like diedre's, so RR is in a moral dilemma

If you're confident that he's scum then you shouldn't let it perturb you :-)
I'm not confident that he is scum.

Okay then!
Unvote

SA's vote was on diedre, since she said she found him scummiest after a reread. Yet RR saying he's not confident that diedre is scum prompts her to unvote. If SA or RR is scum, I would look very closely at the other as a partner. for now though, scum points. This unvote is worse than her vote on diedre.
I posted my exact reasoning for this whole weird thing before! Go and check post #456. I was trying to be a smart townie and not need all the dots joined up when I'd spotted a voting pattern by more experienced players. RR came in with a weird diedre vote right at the start of D2 (which he still hasn't really explained, BTW), having just hinted at some serious scum-reading potential with his opinion of Seprix (who was sadly also dead by then). Then he voted diedre with no explanation, and nobody questioned it (except maybe gkrieg, who didn't get ever a response), and then Silver joined the wagon, again with no explanation. Rather than asking, I tried to work out a logical sequence of events, and thought that Silver read RR as a cop sort of role, and had followed him onto diedre from there. That's why I expected RR to have confidence in his diedre vote -- because I thought it came from night info that nobody was wanting to have derpy newbies questioning too much.

She wants to get on the silver wagon after silver claims delayed doctor. don't know what to think of that, but it's not townie. probably more null than anything.
I'd never even heard of a delayed doctor before, and it sounded really weak, and a lot like a convenient claim. Personally, I feel like the scums are doing well in this game (since I have no clue whatsoever what's going on most of the time), so I wondered whether it could really be the "big names" like Silver and Gkrieg who were just totally messing with the rest of us. I'm still paranoid something like that's happening now, even though I'm willing to go with gkrieg and iguana being ICs now.

she votes for me, her second vote of the whole game, for me being "opportunistic," which I still just don't understand. scummy for lack of votes, tho.
That may have been OMGUS, but might I add that you had just been personally quite offensive to me? I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt by asking whether your post, which doesn't even scan in terms of grammar, was really meant to refer to me. However, you using the "two scums" thing to vote for me was just absurd.

"You're gonna want to lynch me if [chairs] flips town!" her response to gkreig wanting her to steal my hammer. Slightly scummy because of this attitude of self-preservation, which has been pervasive throughout the whole game. Scum is more concerned with saving themselves than town is.
I think I've explained elsewhere (possibly in my first game) that I'm used to a win condition that includes being alive at the game end, because that's how 95% of my werewolf games were played. I know it's not how it works here, but thinking past my own death is still not automatic. I'm working on it.

She tries to figure out some likely partnerships, which is kinda townie. So town points there.

And then her latest post just feels off to me in my gut somehow.
The one where I urge Gkrieg to look at you and RR as a possible pairing himself? What else can I do? I still have suspicions on Diedre, but he's certainly not the puppetmaster in any pairing he's in. If Gkrieg's experience is telling him Deidre's town, and he and Iguana are happy about Calamitas, then there is no other pairing that makes sense.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 07, 2016, 06:23:52 pm »

Also: I will only lynch a newbie today.  The NKs just seem so off to me.

How likely is it, in your opinion, that the game would be well-balanced if Calamitas' role isn't pro-town? Thinking in particular about how so much of our power is apparently wrapped up in Iguana's role. I think I was happier with him off the table for today.

That means that Diedre is the only one I can go for in your lynchpool. But, I'm really concerned about the possibility of RR-Mail-mi, and the moment anyone else joins Calamitas on voting Diedre, that pair could quickhammer. Is there any chance you can at least re-read them and rule them out?

Though in favour of the Diedre vote, I think RR-Diedre could be entirely quirky enough for your accusation of scum having to be newbies.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 07, 2016, 06:32:20 pm »

SA, I'm gonna pull this out of my arsenal. I've played I think over 15 games. Maybe even close to 20. I would've done my night kills veryyyyyy differently. And, if I was on a team with diedre, I probably would've dictated the night kills pretty much exclusively.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 07, 2016, 06:34:12 pm »

SA, I'm gonna pull this out of my arsenal. I've played I think over 15 games. Maybe even close to 20. I would've done my night kills veryyyyyy differently. And, if I was on a team with diedre, I probably would've dictated the night kills pretty much exclusively.

Thanks, RR... I think you're making my point for me :-)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 07, 2016, 06:35:50 pm »

Wasn't your point that a RR/diedre scum team was possible/plausible?

Smh it doesn't even matter what you think (no offense). Cause I strongly suspect you of being scum. So you can think all you want about what the scum team is!

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 07, 2016, 06:37:57 pm »

Vote: SA
I don't really get to say that then just point the FoS at you.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 07, 2016, 06:39:05 pm »

On a somewhat related note, since I've been playing with SA I've been watching my pronouns, and I've realized that I almost never use pronouns. I just like calling people by their forum names

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 07, 2016, 06:40:25 pm »

SA, if I have personally offended you, I am sincerely sorry. I know I messed up on your gender more than I should have. Anything other than that is meant exclusively in the context of the game. I think you're Mafia, but that has no reflection on how I think of you as a person.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (N0)
« Reply #833 on: September 07, 2016, 06:49:02 pm »

Vote Count 3.2

Not now. Not ever. Do you hear me? I will use every cannon, every bomb, every bullet, every weapon I have down to my own eyeteeth to end you. I swear it! I’m coming for all of you!

SA (3): mail-mi, iguana, RR (L-1)

Not Voting (4): diedre91, gkrieg13, Calamitas, SpaceAnemone

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: 5pm, 12 September.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 07, 2016, 06:52:35 pm »

Wasn't your point that a RR/diedre scum team was possible/plausible?

Smh it doesn't even matter what you think (no offense). Cause I strongly suspect you of being scum. So you can think all you want about what the scum team is!

You're a random element, more than most players. My point before had been that even though the only possible (from my PoV) newbie scumteam seems kind of unlikely, the fact that a scumteam of you and Diedre would be almost as quirky as a newbie team (because you'd be calling the shots) meant that the Diedre vote wasn't as bad as it could have been, and could still fit in with gkrieg's theory about the kills being odd.

Your logic is a little skew, too... If I really was scum, I wouldn't have to spend time thinking about who the scumteam was, because I'd get that for free. Trying to work it out because I have no solid evidence for anything is quite exhausting.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 07, 2016, 06:54:04 pm »

On a somewhat related note, since I've been playing with SA I've been watching my pronouns, and I've realized that I almost never use pronouns. I just like calling people by their forum names

You like usernames so much that half the time you seem to talk about yourself in the third person so you get to use your own :-P

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 07, 2016, 06:58:18 pm »

Hmmmmm.  I don't really like this wagon though...

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 07, 2016, 07:00:16 pm »

SA, if I have personally offended you, I am sincerely sorry. I know I messed up on your gender more than I should have. Anything other than that is meant exclusively in the context of the game. I think you're Mafia, but that has no reflection on how I think of you as a person.

Thanks for this, and I'm sorry if I let the pronoun slips colour my perception of you in return. I'd really recommend trying to practice using ungendered pronouns sometime. I first came across them in 90s SciFi (Greg Egan is a really smart author, if you're into that kind of hard SF), but didn't meet real people using them till university. There are loads of people whose lives you can just make a little more bearable by respecting their choice of pronouns and gender expression, no matter what they look or sound like. I'm happy to be experimented on, and now you've got the binary gender part down, maybe you'll risk trying a bit of non-binary again :-) If I live long enough, that is!

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 07, 2016, 07:02:21 pm »

Hmmmmm.  I don't really like this wagon though...

Well, either diedre comes in and quickhammers me, in which case you've got a scum, or the pair you're looking for is RR and Mail-mi, who're already on my wagon. So at least I'm being more informative tonight :-/

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 07, 2016, 07:22:42 pm »

Thanks for this, and I'm sorry if I let the pronoun slips colour my perception of you in return. I'd really recommend trying to practice using ungendered pronouns sometime. I first came across them in 90s SciFi (Greg Egan is a really smart author, if you're into that kind of hard SF), but didn't meet real people using them till university. There are loads of people whose lives you can just make a little more bearable by respecting their choice of pronouns and gender expression, no matter what they look or sound like. I'm happy to be experimented on, and now you've got the binary gender part down, maybe you'll risk trying a bit of non-binary again :-) If I live long enough, that is!

I am used to singular they, I'm just forgetting to use it right now for some reason. :/

Anyway. Will respond to rest of case response later.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: September 07, 2016, 07:25:06 pm »

Why do you think they are scum?  How do you take the parts of mail-mi case on SA where they are townie?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 07, 2016, 07:36:50 pm »

unvote

until I get a chance to read what all's happened. Then I'll revote if it still looks good.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 07, 2016, 08:06:30 pm »

Why do you think they are scum?  How do you take the parts of mail-mi case on SA where they are townie?
Why do you question everything I post? Don't you know I don't have an answer for you? Even if I had an answer, do you really think it would satisfy you?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 07, 2016, 08:52:44 pm »

You're a random element, more than most players. My point before had been that even though the only possible (from my PoV) newbie scumteam seems kind of unlikely, the fact that a scumteam of you and Diedre would be almost as quirky as a newbie team (because you'd be calling the shots) meant that the Diedre vote wasn't as bad as it could have been, and could still fit in with gkrieg's theory about the kills being odd.

Your logic is a little skew, too... If I really was scum, I wouldn't have to spend time thinking about who the scumteam was, because I'd get that for free. Trying to work it out because I have no solid evidence for anything is quite exhausting.
Addressing the first part of your post: I do not do random stuff when it comes to the NK. If you're interested, I can link you to some QTs where I was Mafia and you can see me talking about the NKs. I'm pretty sure I've never done anything crazy like that, and I'm positive I've never done anything like that N1.

Addressing the second part of your post: I don't know how much time you took thinking of the RR/diedre scum team. I wouldn't have thought it took too long but maybe it did. But I really don't think I understand the second part of your post. As scum, you have to make town people look like scum. Looking for partner interactions between two players you know to be town (if you are scum) is a perfectly reasonable thing to do, and probably a strategic thing to do. It just gives you more evidence towards framing people, which is your goal as scum during the day.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 07, 2016, 08:55:43 pm »

Why do you question everything I post? Don't you know I don't have an answer for you? Even if I had an answer, do you really think it would satisfy you?

I just think you are mega scummy and I'm heavily considering lynching you instead of SA

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 07, 2016, 08:59:46 pm »

I just think you are mega scummy and I'm heavily considering lynching you instead of SA
I don't think anyone else shares that opinion. I've been playing like classic town RR. If I get lynched for that, there's really not much I can do. I took a break from Mafia, then I came back for Olympic Mafia. You haven't been exposed to town RR recently. But as the mod of Olympic Mafia, you've been exposed to a lot of scum RR.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 07, 2016, 09:12:41 pm »

I have played 19 total games, including Blitz, RMM, normal, bastard and drunk. I haven't played the last two ever though.

But I'm pretty experienced. By my count I've only won 5 times, but I have the experience under my belt

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 07, 2016, 09:52:53 pm »

Where is your head at Gkrieg?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 07, 2016, 10:03:29 pm »

I'm super paranoid of making the wrong decision. I didn't like how RR got on the SA wagon either. I guess I'm fine with the SA lynch but I think they have been pretty townie lately. Diedre has also been pretty townie. So I guess just by POE it is RR or SA

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 08, 2016, 06:14:28 am »

I'm super paranoid of making the wrong decision. I didn't like how RR got on the SA wagon either. I guess I'm fine with the SA lynch but I think they have been pretty townie lately. Diedre has also been pretty townie. So I guess just by POE it is RR or SA

So you're feeling that I'm townie, but still happy to lynch, while at the same time thinking Diedre is townie and taking him off the table? :-( I think our scummy-things-said to sheer-volume-of-interactions ratios must be hugely different by now.

You didn't respond to my question at the start of #826, but I'm hoping my reasoning there is valid and that you see what my line of thinking is. If you're really unwilling to consider that Mail-mi could be on the scumteam, because you're convinced it must be less experienced people, then I could trust you on that to believe that it has to be RR-Diedre (not meaning to insult RR here at all, but I still think he's quirky!). I'm really suspicious of Mail-mi, though, and I'm sure he's smart enough to risk a weird kill based on the number of newbies left this late in the game.

Just to be sure, how confident are you that the other experienced players would have picked up your intention to vote for Silver today? Also @Iguana? Sadly, I'm still in the myopic newbie camp of having assumed he was cleared, since I couldn't get anyone to come up with valid theories of how the pair of you could be scum together, and you're the one who mostly cleared him by claiming the Seprix kill...
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 40  All

Page created in 2.935 seconds with 19 queries.