Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40  All

Author Topic: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (Game Over - Cylons Win!)  (Read 97811 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D2)
« Reply #625 on: August 31, 2016, 07:06:42 pm »

No mail-mi. No. Plz stop this
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 31, 2016, 07:09:56 pm »

SA is Town 100% of the time in this situation.

Also, SA - you should probably make sure to put me on your reads list man.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 31, 2016, 07:12:49 pm »

@SA if you want to vote for someone for being opportunistic vote for chairs!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 31, 2016, 07:21:20 pm »

If he was scum, he would know that not mafia only has one night kill.

Though it also looks like he knows there's only two scum, when we don't know that for sure...

So I guess they kind of cancel out. I'll go back to vote: SA

Wait, what? Can you re-word that to help me follow what your argument is even trying to say?

Also vote: mail-mi because now I really do start to see the whole opportunism argument made by Silver earlier.

My general feelings at the moment are:
Towns: Silver, Iguana, gkrieg, Calamitas
Nulls: diedre, RR (but I should give more scrutiny next time through)
Scummy: Mail-mi
Oh My Gosh, I Suck, don't I?

Dude, i *just barely* pointed out a potential townslipped of yours. If I was just looking for mislynches, I would not have done that.

SA is Town 100% of the time in this situation.

Why?

Ppe: 1
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 31, 2016, 07:46:05 pm »

If he was scum, he would know that not mafia only has one night kill.

Though it also looks like he knows there's only two scum, when we don't know that for sure...

So I guess they kind of cancel out. I'll go back to vote: SA

Wait, what? Can you re-word that to help me follow what your argument is even trying to say?

Also vote: mail-mi because now I really do start to see the whole opportunism argument made by Silver earlier.

My general feelings at the moment are:
Towns: Silver, Iguana, gkrieg, Calamitas
Nulls: diedre, RR (but I should give more scrutiny next time through)
Scummy: Mail-mi
Oh My Gosh, I Suck, don't I?

Dude, i *just barely* pointed out a potential townslipped of yours. If I was just looking for mislynches, I would not have done that.

Sorry if that came out as aggressive and OMGUSy with putting the vote and clarification request in the same post. It's true that Chairs needs more scrutiny too, so I'll do that whenever I can find some time tomorrow.

I really would just like you to clarify what you meant, which person your argument was taking about and how it led to your vote because sleep-deprived me couldn't parse your text very well :-(
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: August 31, 2016, 08:09:24 pm »

I thought that you had townslipped. Gkreig pointed out to me that it was probably just a newb slip, and I also saw that you spoke like there were only 2 scum, which only scum would know. So I decided to put my vote back on you.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 31, 2016, 08:18:28 pm »

Are you saying there's absolutely no way of having two NKs by scum? The Vigilante page on mafiascum.net says it does happen, albeit rarely. And Haddock has already frustrated Chairs by including hidden votes (see Chairs' reaction in #349), so maybe it's worth considering the possibility there are other elements in here that are a little bit out of the ordinary and frustrating.

could be possible, I guesss, but massively unlikely, in this game. Hidden votes are different.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 31, 2016, 10:24:25 pm »

Space looks bad if Calamitas is scum, which I think he is. Let's Lynch him folks. Silverspawn's supernatural senses must guide us.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 31, 2016, 10:41:56 pm »

Here's a thought: chairs came in, posted a meme, and had an unproductive conversation with me.

Posting just to post and say "I'm here!" Without actually posting anything of substance. Scummy.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 31, 2016, 10:43:22 pm »

Here's a thought: chairs came in, posted a meme, and had an unproductive conversation with me.

Posting just to post and say "I'm here!" Without actually posting anything of substance. Scummy.
Oh, you think chairs is scum now? Good job Sherlock  ;)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 31, 2016, 10:54:05 pm »

Oh, you think chairs is scum now? Good job Sherlock  ;)

I have since the beginning of the day.

Current lynchpool, in order of preference:
SA
Chairs
Calamitas

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 01, 2016, 01:11:42 am »

I only got halfway through my reread today, but will finish tomorrow

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 01, 2016, 03:33:08 am »

I thought that you had townslipped. Gkreig pointed out to me that it was probably just a newb slip, and I also saw that you spoke like there were only 2 scum, which only scum would know. So I decided to put my vote back on you.

Okay, so "he" was meant to refer to me in your post? :-( I thought we'd just had that conversation...

SA WOULD LIKE TO USE "THEY" AS A PRONOUN PLEASE!

Also, show me where I assumed exactly two scums. I was responding to a theory about a two-person scum-team, so assuming at least two scums was kind of a prerequisite. Assuming one scum alone from the pair is a bit problematic, but I did go through that exercise in my head at least; I think if that's the case then it's more likely Silver (in cahoots with Igu maybe?) than gkrieg, but I don't have time right now to expand my reasoning on that from last night into a post before work.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 01, 2016, 05:47:35 am »

Have some time again.
Silver, iguana and gkrieg are very towny now. Scum!gkrieg would require to have scum kill Seprix and another scum /third-party to have killed efhw.
Scum!silver isn't that hard, he would have to be a scum-PR (targeting PR) and all would still make sense.
Iguana is of a different category. While it can be that he faked all that in order to get IC status it is quite a langshot and very unlikely. But for now, they are all out of the pool. but all except gkrieg should get closer attention the next days.
Chairs is still scummy IMO, same reasons as before. Not sure why you all don't believe in that without hearing an actual defense. vote: chairs
SA is very towny IMO, his argumentation and reactions do feel genuine.
Mail-mi is rather scummy, diedre a little bit less. Some comments do feel towny in both cases, others rather scummy (mail beeing sometimes opportunistic, diedre beeing inactive).
Roadrunner is roadrunner and I have no idea.

And I for myself have eplained myself already, thr "supernatural" argument (we all know what is meant) I may not prove wrong but I ensure you their is an easy explanation.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 01, 2016, 05:52:35 am »

if your posts had sounded like this the whole game, I wouldn't be tunneling you now. but they didn't.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 01, 2016, 06:12:46 am »

silverspawn is a wizard, a delayed doctor capable of drawing the night kill onto whatever townie player he chooses. We must all sheep him.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 01, 2016, 09:11:29 am »

Okay, so "he" was meant to refer to me in your post? :-( I thought we'd just had that conversation...

SA WOULD LIKE TO USE "THEY" AS A PRONOUN PLEASE!

Also, show me where I assumed exactly two scums. I was responding to a theory about a two-person scum-team, so assuming at least two scums was kind of a prerequisite. Assuming one scum alone from the pair is a bit problematic, but I did go through that exercise in my head at least; I think if that's the case then it's more likely Silver (in cahoots with Igu maybe?) than gkrieg, but I don't have time right now to expand my reasoning on that from last night into a post before work.

I am so sorry.  :-[ SA is they, SA is they, SA is they, SA is they...

Oh. That clears things up a little bit.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 01, 2016, 10:34:24 am »

I'm glad Calamitas is figuring out that 'Roadrunner is Roadrunner' already

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 01, 2016, 10:57:26 am »

I'm glad Calamitas is figuring out that 'Roadrunner is Roadrunner' already

I'm not. It is too go with the flowy

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D1)
« Reply #644 on: September 01, 2016, 11:36:52 am »

Ok time for a Calamitas reread.

First interesting quote: Takes the side that teamlyle isn't scum.

I don't think there is too much behind teamlyles comment. He must have known that a comment like that would stand out and probably didn't think it through before making that comment.

I've got a good joke by the way. What is a billiard player's least favorite programming language?
that part looks actually akward...Still not sure who to vote for, for now I think teamlyle and silver are the most suspicious ones in here. However, silver is playing ridiculous all the time, no idea what to make of that. Therefore unvote , but that doesn't mean I think either of them is innocent.

Ok this is kinda hedgy.

I am pretty confident that is L-1 plz no derphammer
Please take it back, otherwise it is just to risky. Not that I wouldn't think it is a legit lynch, but ending the day so early would be just ridiculous (Please correct me if I am wrong with my assumption that the day ends prematurely if the lynch happens that early).

This post is a little bit strange.  I need to think more if it comes from a town mindset or a scum one.

Finally got some time off,  vacation can get quite busy :D

My current reads/thoughts:

Rather scummy:
 - Chairs: Weird comments about double voting; assumption about traitor that is not confirmed for town but for mafia
Seprix was a traitor - which means even his partners didn't know he existed.
Slightly scummy ones:
 - Diedre: Pretty much non-existent
 - Silver : Mainly the statement of iguana who doesn't seem scummy but not particular scummy either, have to wait for his eleboration
 - mail-mi: Opening the case for teamlyle

Rather towny:
 - Gkrieg: Very active, long and helpful posts. No signs pointing towards mafia by now

On iguana and rr I have pretty much a null-read, leaning more towards town in the case of ii and absolute null in the case of rr. But even the town of ii is more a feeling and I cannot give concret evidence.

Then he has this reads list.  Posting it here for reference for later.

Good to see silver is back at a level where I don't understand his actions at all. He is too experienced to unintentionally be that flip-floppy but I cannot see which kind of reactions he wants to provoke. Space's post might be actually kind of a scumslip but I think carelessness is the likelier option here. I cannot speak for others but I find I still don't like chairs post about the traitor. The double-voting part of the case about him is almost neglicable, but the traitor part might be an actual scumslip. The option he is neglecting by assumption is even the standard version at mafiascum.net (don't know if it is handled differnetly here). Therefore, confirm vote: chairs . I don't like diedres inactivity either but I am not sure if it is scummy inactivity or just lack of time. Pretty much nullread on the rest, have to re-read them and will write about them when I get some time later.

Anyway, I'm very interested in iguanas announced statement about silver.

Ya this post is just scummy.  The confirm vote: chairs part is what I think is the scummiest about it.  I can also see it coming from a new player though. He wants to make sure that he is voting for the right person and wants to confirm it in his mind

I'm actually going with iguana here. All odds point in favor of silver being the SK. It is just so unlikely that a pro-town PR killed Seprix (IMO he didn't seem scummy except you were actively scanning for a traitor). And if that PR would have got that Seprix is the traitor he/she/they might have just brought it up during the discussion and we might have used our lynch for it. Having silver killing him is just so much more likely than the combo of delayed-doc+vig targeting.
What I find kind of strange though is that silver has chosen Seprix as his target. As iguana said, Seprix is often misslynched and therefore an unattractive target for scum. That makes the delayed-doc+NK on Seprix much worse, but makes the choice of Seprix as victim not fine as well.

Either way, having Silver as SK is the much more likely option by now, even though rr claimed there is "secret info" and the target is a strange choice.
vote: silver

This post is interesting.  He wants to lynch silver for being SK, which is townie at this point.

Quote from: silverspawn
The rest of this case is driven by a narrative. The narrative is 'careful, avoiding everything that looks opportunistic, trying really hard to look towny."
And that narrative is what is the problem with the case. Replace it witn "town player who wants to avoid making mistakes to avoid getting misslynched" and all looks totally different. With either 'narrative', the rest is pure confirmation bias.
The "trying to makr a long post" argument is just ridiculous, the reason for those posts was me beeing on vacation and not having that often time to write on some days. Therefore I was writing all my thoughts of the previously read posts quickly with my phone without proofreading or anything. Its basically just an sorted "Stream of consciousness" most of the times. You should be able to check that claim by comparing the total posts on days with these long posts to the number of posts on other days.

And in how far mafia knowledge could potentially help you at writing a reads list will remain a secret for me.

I think this post actually perfectly sums up my reread on Calamitas.  I feel like he really is just cautious!newb!town than newb!scum.  Nothing he has said really raised any kind of red flag for me.  Definitely worth keeping an eye on, but nothing that seems scummy enough for me to want to lynch him today.

you're too laid-back, controlled. townies are tapping around in the darkness. where is the darkness around you?
The controlled part is definitely intentional, the 'laid-back and not-tapping in darkness' part I cannot comment on since I don't see where you get that from.
Anyway, I certainly don't like that this game is moving towards a two player interrogation. What do the others think about silvers read on me?

This post is a little bit scummy though.  two player interrogations are some of the best things for determining the alignment of multiple players.  It can also cause standoffs where people are forced to take a side on the issue, which lets us ferret out scum.  This is also a good attempt to get some of the pressure off of you.

Conclusion

I think I want to let this play out at least another day.  I don't think Calamitas has been scummy enough to warrant my vote on him. He definitely is still on my "won't be mad if they get mislynched" list, but at this point I think we have much better options.  Will reread RR next, because he is flying under the radar a little bit too much for my liking.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: September 01, 2016, 07:20:43 pm »

Wow didn't mean to silence everyone. I'll try to not be so awesome next time.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 01, 2016, 07:36:39 pm »

Sorry! Wasn't intentional! If it makes you feel any better, Calamitas missed me off his reads list back in #317. It's like a tag game! You're it, so now you have to post reads again :-)

And yeah, I'm afraid you do seem really flip-floppy recently, even after you've said I seem towny. Of your 23 posts total (that includes your initial "in" post), numbers 3, 14, 17, 18 and 19 all involve a vote for a different person, usually with no more than a short sentence of explanation.

I think your "scumslip" from early on has a plausible but non-corroboratable narrative the way you tell it, so it's not a huge mass of evidence either way anyone spins it. Moreweighty is the fact that you only have 3 or 4 posts in the whole game have had substantial content... that's a way worse record than I have, and I've been accused of being absent and lurky.

So yeah, it adds up to a scummy read from me. I'll add you to my "would lynch" pile next to Mail-mi.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 01, 2016, 07:41:11 pm »

SA (and silver for that matter), why do you think I'm being opportunistic? Again, I had like no scumreads D1 except teamlyle, and today my scum reads are currently you, chairs, and Calamitas to an extent.

Gkreig, I guess I kinda fall in between you and silver on Calamitas, null leaning on scummy.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 01, 2016, 07:44:49 pm »

Sorry! Wasn't intentional! If it makes you feel any better, Calamitas missed me off his reads list back in #317. It's like a tag game! You're it, so now you have to post reads again :-)

And yeah, I'm afraid you do seem really flip-floppy recently, even after you've said I seem towny. Of your 23 posts total (that includes your initial "in" post), numbers 3, 14, 17, 18 and 19 all involve a vote for a different person, usually with no more than a short sentence of explanation.

I think your "scumslip" from early on has a plausible but non-corroboratable narrative the way you tell it, so it's not a huge mass of evidence either way anyone spins it. Moreweighty is the fact that you only have 3 or 4 posts in the whole game have had substantial content... that's a way worse record than I have, and I've been accused of being absent and lurky.

So yeah, it adds up to a scummy read from me. I'll add you to my "would lynch" pile next to Mail-mi.

Ya but chairs has a very established meta of being lurky, and has been town and been lurkier than this, so I don't attribute his lurkiness to anything scummy.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 01, 2016, 07:47:41 pm »

vote: chairs  L-1!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.