Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: in case you were waiting for the perfectly mediocre distant lands game  (Read 2161 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
+2

Code: [Select]
Ratcatcher, Dungeon, Storeroom, Village, Watchtower, Bishop, Duplicate, Bandit Camp, Distant Lands, Royal Seal
http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160614/log.0.1465871593298.txt

the tricks here seem to be, have your opponent get bishops, get a lot of villages, one bandit camp is actually fine, and then play storerooms early. and of course, buy fairgrounds. i mean distant lands.

there was a moment of panic when i half-intentionally let a 3-pile hang out and although i had a somewhat hefty vp lead, my fairgrounds weren't at 6 points yet.

i mean i hadn't played all of my distant lands yet.

anyway, she only had 3 gains. so it was fine.
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile

I wasn't but okay
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile

What if the opponent doesn't get Bishop?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile

What if the opponent doesn't get Bishop?

You get one or two Ratcatcher more (schadd only got one), and maybe an earlier Dungen (schadd got it turn 12), I guess.
The engine is still very much viable, even without help from your opponent.

teamrocketgrunt

• Thief
  • Respect: +175
    • View Profile
+4

Oh, he will get Bishops. Schadd has mastered the art of subtle manipulation. He'd have you buy Scout and think it's a great idea, too.

On topic: Schadd should totally compile his Alt-VP games and write a guide on how and when to use fancy Alt-VP. I think that would be a nice reference. Title suggestions:

- Schadds Alt-V(I)P lounge
- lower case studies: the musings of schadd
- bonka bonko

I am serious about the compilation, though.
Join Team Rocket!

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile

Oh, he will get Bishops. Schadd has mastered the art of subtle manipulation. He'd have you buy Scout and think it's a great idea, too.

I played Schadd before. He never manipulated me, but then again it would be subtle. It ended 3-2 that day, good games. I am the primary reason Caravan is now lower on his rankings now. :)

Not to mention, with each post you make, you are steadily rising on the leaderboards of favorite users. Schadd is still the King, and will always and forever be the King, but that's a given.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:27:13 am by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
+1

I love the Storeroom / Watchtower engine here.

Duplicate is really a key card that ups the viability of both the engine in general and Distant Lands in particular. Being able to gain components quickly for just the cost of a terminal is no laughing matter. Having two Villages on the board helps I guess.

1 more Dungeon maybe would have been cool, but I'm not sure when you would buy it.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile

Yeah, Storeroom/Watchtower with Village support is amazing. I played something similar in my last Dominion League game yesterday (Artificer/Watchtower with Village support). But with Storeroom, trashing is less important since Storeroom also sifts. Still, Ratcatcher is certainly worth it here. Dungeon looks pretty ignorable though, you'd rather have another Village or another Storeroom for $3.

I would probably open Duplicate/Ratcatcher, then Duplicate Villages on the first shuffle while also getting a Storeroom; add a Watchtower or two and more Villages on the next shuffle. Try to win the Village split; Bandit Camp isn't awful, but a bit too expensive for what you get. Bishop looks rather ignorable, even with gaining from Duplicate you'd rather just dive into the Distant Lands, plus you don't want to give your opponent the benefit.
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile

Yeah, Storeroom/Watchtower with Village support is amazing. I played something similar in my last Dominion League game yesterday (Artificer/Watchtower with Village support). But with Storeroom, trashing is less important since Storeroom also sifts. Still, Ratcatcher is certainly worth it here. Dungeon looks pretty ignorable though, you'd rather have another Village or another Storeroom for $3.

I would probably open Duplicate/Ratcatcher, then Duplicate Villages on the first shuffle while also getting a Storeroom; add a Watchtower or two and more Villages on the next shuffle. Try to win the Village split; Bandit Camp isn't awful, but a bit too expensive for what you get. Bishop looks rather ignorable, even with gaining from Duplicate you'd rather just dive into the Distant Lands, plus you don't want to give your opponent the benefit.

I don't know, I like one Dungeon for reliability. Not so sure about a second one, it would be nice, but.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.274 seconds with 21 queries.