Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Black Market Traveller bug  (Read 2110 times)

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
Black Market Traveller bug
« on: June 07, 2016, 12:52:58 pm »

I seem to have found a bug in Dominion Online. If a Traveller (in this case Page) is in the Black Market, its upgrades can be found in the kingdom, which makes sense. However, after buying the Page, you are never prompted to upgrade it and it will always remain a Page. I'm pretty sure you should be able to upgrade it.

Has anyone else encountered this bug? Has it always been there or is it due to today's software update?
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1606
    • View Profile
Re: Black Market Traveller bug
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 12:54:00 pm »
+3

I seem to have found a bug in Dominion Online. If a Traveller (in this case Page) is in the Black Market, its upgrades can be found in the kingdom, which makes sense. However, after buying the Page, you are never prompted to upgrade it and it will always remain a Page. I'm pretty sure you should be able to upgrade it.

Has anyone else encountered this bug? Has it always been there or is it due to today's software update?

It's not a bug. You can't exchange Travellers from the Black Market as there is no pile for you to return them to.

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 12:56:13 pm »

It's not a bug. You can't exchange Travellers from the Black Market as there is no pile for you to return them to.

I didn't know that. But in that case, the pile with the upgrades shouldn't be there, it's very confusing...
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 04:07:55 pm »

I didn't know that. But in that case, the pile with the upgrades shouldn't be there, it's very confusing...

No, they should be there (according to the rules of the game).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 04:14:45 pm »
+2

No, they should be there (according to the rules of the game).
That's open to interpretation. The rules just say you have to "take them and put them near the supply." You could argue that, as long as the box isn't too far away, you can leave them in there.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 04:17:29 pm »
+1

MF agrees that they shouldn't be there, and tried to fix it, but did not do so correctly. I pointed that out on MF's forums

Quote from: Jeff (Developer);55517
Client
  • Peasant/Page + Black Market
    Fixed: Peasant/Page in the Black Market deck should not make useless traveller upgrade piles appear (2427)

allanfieldhouse

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +374
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 09:27:47 am »

Yeah, I just posted this same thing in the official forums. http://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?10600-Black-Market-Travelers

The "no supply pile to return it to" explanation makes sense though (as opposed to David's official confusing answer).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.