Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M83: Duel Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 100800 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #525 on: July 26, 2016, 10:18:34 am »

Surprisingly, Faust and I have about the same mislynch rate for our careers, although I'm slightly higher at 36% to his 32%.

He is also lynched more often than I am when scum (56% to 54%).

You all have a 50% chance of voting correctly and the scum in duel is lynched correctly over half the times he rolls scum.  Funny.

Also, this duel auto-death thing messes with stats -- how do I count the auto-kill when you win the duel?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
Re: M83: Duel Mafia
« Reply #526 on: July 26, 2016, 10:19:31 am »

Ok, I guess you didn't understand what I was saying. Since there is a possibility of having a backup duel, it makes sense that scum would try this unlikely gamble because if it pays off, they have this argument that ash is making now. The fact that he was so quick to make that argument proves that point further.

I still don't understand what you are saying.  Are you saying that scum would purposefully choose a backup duel and let the first person they choose die?

That makes no sense, because we, as town, wouldn't know that happened.  For all we know, chairs was the chosen duel and I was the backup.

What gamble are you referencing?  What did they do?

In saying that you as scum would choose yourself for the duel, choose a backup duel in case you died, and then NK someone in the player list with no other scum between them and you. That way, if town does everything perfectly, you die and the game goes on, but if someone forgets to submit their ghoul action, you have this argument you can use to convince town you're not scum. That's such a scum!you thing to do.

You making me explain my case is just solidifying my scum read on you.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #527 on: July 26, 2016, 10:22:18 am »

This is really reminding me of fanfic mafia. Let's not fall for ash's tactics this time.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 26, 2016, 10:25:03 am »

Ok, I guess you didn't understand what I was saying. Since there is a possibility of having a backup duel, it makes sense that scum would try this unlikely gamble because if it pays off, they have this argument that ash is making now. The fact that he was so quick to make that argument proves that point further.

I still don't understand what you are saying.  Are you saying that scum would purposefully choose a backup duel and let the first person they choose die?

That makes no sense, because we, as town, wouldn't know that happened.  For all we know, chairs was the chosen duel and I was the backup.

In saying that you as scum would choose yourself for the duel, choose a backup duel in case you died, and then NK someone in the player list with no other scum between them and you. That way, if town does everything perfectly, you die and the game goes on, but if someone forgets to submit their ghoul action, you have this argument you can use to convince town you're not scum. That's such a scum!you thing to do.

That you think asking someone to explain their case is scummy is...mystifying.

That's quite the convoluted plan you have there.  So let me figure out the steps you think I took, choosing the simplest possible road:

--chairs comes up with a plan that kills one scum for sure.
--I decide I need to make a plan of some sort...
--I decide that I can use the combination of the back-up selection plus chairs's plan to somehow get towncred
--I make a post about wanting to be the choice for the duel
--I choose myself for the duel, along with Faust
--I choose a backup scum partner in case the ghoul plan results in me dying
--I choose an NK that will definitely hit me if everyone between me and the NK is town and follows the plan
--I hope someone messes up so that I am actually in the duel and then can say that I must be town because I am in the duel?

Man, why didn't I just choose an NK target that would hit some other scum so I could be in the duel for sure and get whatever towncred you think I was planning to get?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 26, 2016, 10:26:00 am »

This is really reminding me of fanfic mafia. Let's not fall for ash's tactics this time.

Remind me again what your role was in that game?

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #530 on: July 26, 2016, 10:30:36 am »

No, I'm saying that I had to go back and reread you to solidify my case, and doing that is solidifying my scum read.

So you come into the day with this argument that you're saying should prove that you're town. Except you could just as easily have done that as scum. That is why I think you're scum. It's very similar to the Mason fake claim. Very easy to do as scum, and easy to convince town that scum wouldn't have the balls to do it.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #531 on: July 26, 2016, 10:33:01 am »

My role was it was the second mafia game I ever read, and it made an impression on me.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 26, 2016, 10:33:51 am »

My role was it was the second mafia game I ever read, and it made an impression on me.

It was a good game, for sure.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 26, 2016, 10:37:43 am »

unvote

Why though?

Because you are being stupid if you are town, and just obnoxious if you are scum. This isn't all about you. It's also about us getting the fun of figuring it out and getting to decide. Stop taking away all the fun of the game from other players.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 26, 2016, 10:52:50 am »

If ash is town, then Faust would be conf!scum to him, and the best thing you can do is vote for conf!scum.

When he said that, that basically sealed my vote. It's pretty obvious Ashersky blew it at this point.

Have you such a low opinion of me as a player?  I have the equivalent of decades of experience on you as a Mafia player.

I don't care. All that matters is here and now.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 26, 2016, 11:24:59 am »

That's quite the convoluted plan you have there.  So let me figure out the steps you think I took, choosing the simplest possible road:

--chairs comes up with a plan that kills one scum for sure.
--I decide I need to make a plan of some sort...
--I decide that I can use the combination of the back-up selection plus chairs's plan to somehow get towncred
--I make a post about wanting to be the choice for the duel
--I choose myself for the duel, along with Faust
--I choose a backup scum partner in case the ghoul plan results in me dying
--I choose an NK that will definitely hit me if everyone between me and the NK is town and follows the plan
--I hope someone messes up so that I am actually in the duel and then can say that I must be town because I am in the duel?

Man, why didn't I just choose an NK target that would hit some other scum so I could be in the duel for sure and get whatever towncred you think I was planning to get?

The other alternative is that Jimmmm is also mafia, and that you thought he would die, which would strengthen this case on you.

Either way before either of you are lynched, could you give us a full reads list?  Like thoughts on every person?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 26, 2016, 11:32:08 am »

Just checking in. Can't contribute properly yet.
But I agree with the last. If ash is scum I really think Jimm is too.  It's not just about the duel.
I think scum would avoid setting ash up as their death anyway.  He's likely the strongest player in any potential scum team from this game. Esp with faust not an option there.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 26, 2016, 12:45:15 pm »

Full reads lists are useless if you mislynch me.  The scum team changes, remember?

I think most likely scum are Jreggie and one of Sep/igu.

I think most likely town is gkrieg until he gets flipped to scum.  Also Jimmmmm.

I think chairs was the NK and jreggie was supposed to die from the Ghoul plan.  That leaves me at everyone town from 1 to 5.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 26, 2016, 12:56:41 pm »

Full reads lists are useless if you mislynch me.  The scum team changes, remember?

I think most likely town is gkrieg until he gets flipped to scum.  Also Jimmmmm.

I think chairs was the NK and jreggie was supposed to die from the Ghoul plan.  That leaves me at everyone town from 1 to 5.

True that the scum team changes, but two of their members will stay the same and one of them will have to be in the duel the next time around.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 26, 2016, 12:58:48 pm »

So you think that they targeted chairs with the NK, and that everyone after him until J Reggie is town?  That seems like a huge gap.  Why does it look like they were going to sacrifice J Reggie?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: July 26, 2016, 01:03:02 pm »

So you think that they targeted chairs with the NK, and that everyone after him until J Reggie is town?  That seems like a huge gap.  Why does it look like they were going to sacrifice J Reggie?

Might seem like a huge gap, but remember that in the world of random assignments, anyone could be scum, in any order.  Could be three in a row.  So location in and of itself isn't an alignment tell.

If the team I made up of the players I think it is, JReggie is the weakest, and therefore the one you sacrifice.  He has a hard time looking townie ever, and he definitely loses most duels. 

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 26, 2016, 01:03:33 pm »

True that the scum team changes, but two of their members will stay the same and one of them will have to be in the duel the next time around.

Good point on the next duel.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 26, 2016, 01:06:52 pm »

Might seem like a huge gap, but remember that in the world of random assignments, anyone could be scum, in any order.  Could be three in a row.  So location in and of itself isn't an alignment tell.

If the team I made up of the players I think it is, JReggie is the weakest, and therefore the one you sacrifice.  He has a hard time looking townie ever, and he definitely loses most duels.

So don't you think that they would nominate him for the duel and have faust as a backup plan?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 26, 2016, 01:07:37 pm »

Also sorry if it feels like I'm grilling you and letting faust slide. 

@faust
: I really want that reads list from you.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 26, 2016, 01:18:13 pm »

If I'm scum, the scum team shot for the guy who came up with the plan to redirect the first night's kill onto scum.

Why are you making it so hard not to just immediately vote you and end the day?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 26, 2016, 01:19:24 pm »

Also, even if the scum team changes, the other two scum (besides Faust) are still scum!!!

BlahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #546 on: July 26, 2016, 01:22:35 pm »

Hey, I can look townie if I need to! 

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 26, 2016, 01:31:28 pm »

Hey, I can look townie if I need to!
Word. Dunno where you're getting this from ash, since reggies one completed scum game so far was solid gold.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 26, 2016, 01:39:08 pm »

My favorite thing about being mislynched is all the I told you so posts I can make.

vote: ashersky
Self-voting, really?
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 26, 2016, 01:47:23 pm »

My favorite thing about being mislynched is all the I told you so posts I can make.

vote: ashersky
Self-voting, really?

One more vote on me and I can self-hammer.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41  All

Page created in 1.946 seconds with 21 queries.