Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M83: Duel Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 100991 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: July 20, 2016, 04:07:50 pm »

What if scum decides not to kill anybody? What if there are two scum in a row on the list, conveniently or by accident? I don't like this plan, it feels like a trap. I think we should wait to do this until we're certain we are in a losing position and want a free kill.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 20, 2016, 04:09:28 pm »

What if scum decides not to kill anybody? What if there are two scum in a row on the list, conveniently or by accident? I don't like this plan, it feels like a trap. I think we should wait to do this until we're certain we are in a losing position and want a free kill.

They are compulsive. Also,  two scum in a row still ends up with a dead scum.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 20, 2016, 04:10:03 pm »

To be clear, this plan does NOT tell us about anyone's alignment. It just guarantees one dead mafia.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 20, 2016, 04:10:46 pm »

Scum is obliged to kill (see the setup)- if they don't nominate someone, then a random town player gets chosen.
If 2 or more scum are consecutive numbers then it doesn't matter, as one scum will definitely die.
This is 100% guaranteed.

PPE: 2
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 20, 2016, 04:11:18 pm »

To be clear, this plan does NOT tell us about anyone's alignment. It just guarantees one dead mafia.
True, but it's 1 dead mafia.
That's pretty fricking good.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 20, 2016, 04:12:16 pm »

Hmm. I guess I was wrong. Maybe it is okay. It just feels too easy.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 20, 2016, 04:25:21 pm »

Seprix does have a point that we may want to delay the usage of our nightkill (which it is, effectively). The main reason against it is that scum have more power to drive discussion in a direction of their choosing the longer all of them remain alive.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #232 on: July 20, 2016, 04:36:30 pm »

Seprix does have a point that we may want to delay the usage of our nightkill (which it is, effectively). The main reason against it is that scum have more power to drive discussion in a direction of their choosing the longer all of them remain alive.

No, we should go ahead and kill mafia as soon as possible. I want to get that D2 win!

Maybe you and Seprix are partners  :P

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 20, 2016, 05:00:33 pm »

I have a serious theory here. I think Ashersky was trying to pull a fast one on us with the Mason claim. Like, what is he even talking about? There's no proof whatsoever that there are any factions but 1-shot Ghouls, and I don't think there are any other factions. It even says so in the set-up. There's nothing there.

Sorry, I can't let it go that Ashersky said there would be someone to verify his Mason claim. Ashersky is clearly lying and needs to die.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 20, 2016, 05:01:09 pm »

Ashersky is also totally the person to do a bold gambit. Well, I call that gambit.

vote: Ash

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 20, 2016, 05:01:48 pm »

*replace factions with PRs, because I am an idiot

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 20, 2016, 05:05:47 pm »

Ashersky is also totally the person to do a bold gambit. Well, I call that gambit.

vote: Ash

Yes, he would. But he would have been the first to mention it and it would have come out in his plan of he were scum.

Ashersky is town
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2016, 05:09:27 pm »

Also, ashersky wasn't supposed to claim masons until D2. We talked about that in our shared qt, but he ignored me.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 20, 2016, 05:16:43 pm »

I have a serious theory here. I think Ashersky was trying to pull a fast one on us with the Mason claim. Like, what is he even talking about? There's no proof whatsoever that there are any factions but 1-shot Ghouls, and I don't think there are any other factions. It even says so in the set-up. There's nothing there.

Sorry, I can't let it go that Ashersky said there would be someone to verify his Mason claim. Ashersky is clearly lying and needs to die.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13859.msg530104#msg530104
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #239 on: July 20, 2016, 05:26:11 pm »

I love that game! Good job there BTW. So is the whole Mason thing just a joke in reference to that? That's what I initially thought.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 20, 2016, 05:35:54 pm »

It's an open game. There are no factions, PRs or anything else apart from what is mentioned in the OP. ash's claim was a joke and he's probTown.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 20, 2016, 05:41:03 pm »

I love that game! Good job there BTW. So is the whole Mason thing just a joke in reference to that? That's what I initially thought.

Yes.  Basically, every game for awhile after that game gkrieg and I would claim masons day 1, no matter what the game/setup/etc.  It's a meta joke, too, because silverspawn modded that game and really thought terribly about us doing that play, and he was super angry that it worked and we won flawlessly, and he's modding this game.

What this says about Seprix...I don't know.  He was around back then, I think?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 20, 2016, 05:59:38 pm »

Thanks, this is much more helpful than "Jimmmmm claims his QT says 1-shot".

His note to all mods sounds like he is mad that he got caught.

I am nowhere near brave enough to do that as scum. As scum in Speed-Dating Mafia when faust deduced that there were no scum-scum partnerships, I was quite annoyed because it affected my winning chances, but there was no way I was going to say so in the game thread. In this case it's an integrity of the game thing.

His last post looks like he doesn't know if town got QTs or PMs.  He says both times PM then QT very awkwardly.  Especially the bold part. 

Well yeah I write awkwardly sometimes. Sometimes you have to specify what you're talking about so that people can't pedantically correct you. The PM was simply a QT link with no mention of alignment. We don't really have an accepted term for Role Message in a QT.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 20, 2016, 06:14:39 pm »

What this says about Seprix...I don't know.  He was around back then, I think?

I was not. And if I was, I wouldn't have remembered. That was likely during the long time I was not on the site (for personal reasons). Well, it didn't sound like a joke at all, but that makes sense for sure.

unvote

Yeah, never heard of that before. 3 meta 5 me I guess

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 20, 2016, 06:15:43 pm »

I am nowhere near brave enough to do that as scum. As scum in Speed-Dating Mafia when faust deduced that there were no scum-scum partnerships, I was quite annoyed because it affected my winning chances, but there was no way I was going to say so in the game thread. In this case it's an integrity of the game thing.

His last post looks like he doesn't know if town got QTs or PMs.  He says both times PM then QT very awkwardly.  Especially the bold part. 

Well yeah I write awkwardly sometimes. Sometimes you have to specify what you're talking about so that people can't pedantically correct you. The PM was simply a QT link with no mention of alignment. We don't really have an accepted term for Role Message in a QT.

This actually is a pretty townie defense.  I feel like you fall apart when you get pressure for something as scum.

unvote

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 20, 2016, 06:16:16 pm »

Every time I think I find something, it doesn't work at all.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 20, 2016, 06:18:14 pm »

I'm pretty sure the plan should work.  I couldn't find anything except for someone forgetting to make the action

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 20, 2016, 06:19:22 pm »

I'm pretty sure the plan should work.  I couldn't find anything except for someone forgetting to make the action

I wasn't talking about that.  :P

Yeah, I guess we can take a guaranteed scum kill. It's free information.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 20, 2016, 06:20:36 pm »

This actually is a pretty townie defense.  I feel like you fall apart when you get pressure for something as scum.

unvote

Haha thanks I guess?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 20, 2016, 06:41:08 pm »

Windblown through the leaves...

Vote Count 1.3

Seprix (2): iguanaiguana, faust
J Reggie (1): Jimmmmm
faust (1): Joseph2302
Joseph2302 (2): chairs, Egork
teamlyle (1): J Reggie
iguanaiguana (1): e
Egork (1): ashersky

Not Voting (4): Haddock, teamlyle, Seprix, gkrieg13

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Jul 29, 18:00 forum time. That is in 8 days and 23+ hours.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41  All

Page created in 2.418 seconds with 19 queries.