Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: how many travellers do you buy?  (Read 7369 times)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
Re: how many travellers do you buy?
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2016, 10:19:24 am »

Fugitive is the one you pretty much never keep, which is a sad parabola on the current situation in Europe.

You decide: is this a commentary on the tragedy of war and its inevitable loss of life, or is it just really bad Dominion advice?

If I ever make a band, I'm calling us Sad Parabola.

http://www.last.fm/music/Sad+Parabola

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2016, 10:20:44 am »

Fugitive is the one you pretty much never keep, which is a sad parabola on the current situation in Europe.

You decide: is this a commentary on the tragedy of war and its inevitable loss of life, or is it just really bad Dominion advice?

Aw. That's too bad. At least no one has taken my band name for the future, 'Edgelord'.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2016, 10:29:16 am »

That makes me a sad pandaparabola. 

jomini

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +768
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2016, 01:08:19 pm »
+1

There are several broad strategies that I pursue:

Page: normally 1 or many. Singleton is just to get quickly to Champion to enable a big engine & protect myself from Warrior - basically I build something to cycle quickly and then rapidly bulk out on terminal draw & payload to green. Many is where I want to pound the opponent with Warrior card kills. Even I do not kill the enemy Warrior(s), I find you can get huge mileage by destroying all their infrastructure and having pretty good of flipping Champion or Hero. Something like Warehouse/Smithy/Page is a one strategy while something like Chapel/Iw/Page can be a many option. Note that when playing "Many" you will leave many of your pages un-upgraded, Treasure hunter is terrible for killing the enemy and while more warriors are nice you need to be cautious about filling the deck with cards.

Peasant: 2 or higher. Normally I am either gunning for Disciple, in which case I will draw deck and a second Disciple will be huge ... or I am going for Teacher to enable a quick gain of newly non-terminal or newly - big drawing cards. In either case having that second Disciple is pretty nice. More rarely I will build a deck that gets cash from Soldier (e.g. turning Spies into Labs) and grab a few extra Peasants to help the cause. Unlike the Page line, nothing useless is gained so the only downsides are bloating the deck by a card and having a dead card when Travellers collide, which is mostly a non-issue after Soldier.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2016, 03:44:54 pm »

That makes me a sad pandaparabola.

The question is, how do you get past the sad parabola?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.