Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Adventures card quality  (Read 9958 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures card quality
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016, 11:57:38 pm »
+1

I do not have card sleeves (READ: too lazy to put them on)...

Sleeving your cards probably won't be as bad as you think .  I started playing a little after Guilds was released and I had all of the expansions before I sleeved anything.  I thought it was going to be this agonizing, day-long project, but it really wasn't.  Just make sure you have the space and organization so that when you start sleeving you can get in a rhythm.  Minimizing stops and starts is key.
Seconded. Sleeving all of the cards does not take that long. Throw on a movie or a couple episodes of a show and you are golden.

Watch an episode of Dexter and every time he stabs someone, forcefully shove a Dominion card into a sleeve. Who needs VR, that's plenty of interactivity with your favorite TV show right there. You can save money, get the VR experience, AND have protected Dominion cards!
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 08:49:32 am »
+1

Sleeving your cards probably won't be as bad as you think .  I started playing a little after Guilds was released and I had all of the expansions before I sleeved anything.  I thought it was going to be this agonizing, day-long project, but it really wasn't.  Just make sure you have the space and organization so that when you start sleeving you can get in a rhythm.  Minimizing stops and starts is key.
Seconded. Sleeving all of the cards does not take that long. Throw on a movie or a couple episodes of a show and you are golden.

Yeah, I guess I will get around to it eventually. Still, the cost of the sleeves is equal to at least one more Dominion, and I still don't have Intrigue or Alchemy.

The method I use is to sleeve cards as we gain them. It slows down the game slightly, you might wear down the cards uneqally, and you'll still have six unsleeved Bureaucrats after 4 years of playing Dominion, but you'll find yourself with an essentially sleeved set before you can say Goons.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2016, 10:46:13 am »

Yeah, I guess I will get around to it eventually. Still, the cost of the sleeves is equal to at least one more Dominion, and I still don't have Intrigue or Alchemy.

The method I use is to sleeve cards as we gain them. It slows down the game slightly, you might wear down the cards uneqally, and you'll still have six unsleeved Bureaucrats after 4 years of playing Dominion, but you'll find yourself with an essentially sleeved set before you can say Goons.

The people I play with already go nuts if I play more than say, 10 or 20 action cards in a turn, so that would be a great way to have them even more annoyed. And it has been statistically proven that annoyed Dominion players buy 17% more attack cards and are 52% more likely to pick the attack options on cards with choices. Thanks for the ideas, though. I will certainly sleeve them eventually.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:47:26 am by McGarnacle »
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2016, 06:08:42 pm »

I buy attacks whether I'm annoyed or not.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.