Dominion > Rules Questions

Possession and Non-Supply Cards

(1/1)

Dingan:
As much as I hate to distract people from the scholarly one-card shuffle discussion (Ok, why the heck can't you just draw the one card???)...

I always thought that if I am possessing my opponent, and gain cards that are not in the supply (Spoils, Prizes, whatever), that I (not me as my opponent, but actually me) ultimately gain them.  Similarly, I can do cool tricks with their stuff with things like Ambassador, Island, Pathfinding, etc.

But in this game, my opponent was possessing me, played a Hero and exchanged if for a Champion on t13, but then I got the Champion, not him.  What's up with that?  Are Travelers immune to Possession?  The Hero was (correctly?) returned to the Hero pile.

singletee:

--- Quote from: Dingan on May 17, 2016, 02:59:28 pm ---As much as I hate to distract people from the scholarly one-card shuffle discussion (Ok, why the heck can't you just draw the one card???)...

I always thought that if I am possessing my opponent, and gain cards that are not in the supply (Spoils, Prizes, whatever), that I (not me as my opponent, but actually me) ultimately gain them.  Similarly, I can do cool tricks with their stuff with things like Ambassador, Island, Pathfinding, etc.

But in this game, my opponent was possessing me, played a Hero and exchanged if for a Champion on t13, but then I got the Champion, not him.  What's up with that?  Are Travelers immune to Possession?  The Hero was (correctly?) returned to the Hero pile.

--- End quote ---

Exchanging is not gaining.  8)

Dingan:

--- Quote from: singletee on May 17, 2016, 03:00:34 pm ---
--- Quote from: Dingan on May 17, 2016, 02:59:28 pm ---As much as I hate to distract people from the scholarly one-card shuffle discussion (Ok, why the heck can't you just draw the one card???)...

--- End quote ---

Exchanging is not gaining.  8)

--- End quote ---

So exchanges don't trigger on-gain stuff?

eHalcyon:

--- Quote from: Dingan on May 17, 2016, 03:01:56 pm ---So exchanges don't trigger on-gain stuff?

--- End quote ---

Nope. The biggest thing here is that you can't use Watchtower to top deck exchanged Travellers to get to the end faster.

Max:
I'm going to use this to exchange disciples to teachers mid-game :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version