Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 58  All

Author Topic: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 129131 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1000 on: June 20, 2016, 12:37:35 pm »

It also could mean I'm a PR. Or it could mean that I only have information regarding what I reread, and that more information will be revealed once the next NK and lynch happens, along with all of the PR claims afterwards.

It couldn't mean either of those things because the only town PR is a Doctor, and a lack of information (due to only having access to the information ITT) could only lead to the conclusion that everyone is potential scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1001 on: June 20, 2016, 12:42:40 pm »

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: June 20, 2016, 12:45:02 pm »

Looks like I didn't read the set-up. Oh well. It just so happens that I was referring to current knowledge before tomorrow happens.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1003 on: June 20, 2016, 12:55:13 pm »

It just so happens that I was referring to current knowledge before tomorrow happens.

Yeah, and presumably nothing is going to change your current knowledge that most people can't possibly be scum when tomorrow does happen, because there's no alignment changing in this game.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 20, 2016, 01:00:20 pm »

Eh this has been unconvincing from Seprix.

vote: Seprix

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: June 20, 2016, 01:07:12 pm »

So gkreig is scum, pretty much confirmed now. He's been inconsistent, and hopping on wagons while looking indecisive so he won't be under the watchful eye of town when I do flip. In addition, gkreig has submitted very little in terms of actual content, mainly agreeing with people in wordy ways.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 20, 2016, 01:17:33 pm »

So gkreig is scum, pretty much confirmed now. He's been inconsistent, and hopping on wagons while looking indecisive so he won't be under the watchful eye of town when I do flip. In addition, gkreig has submitted very little in terms of actual content, mainly agreeing with people in wordy ways.

well I have been agreeing with certain people when they make sense.  I have been very decisive.  I said that I wanted to lynch RR, then you, then Joseph.  I think after your little interaction with Awaclus, that you are more likely to be scum than RR right now, so I voted for you.  With you voting for me, it doesn't matter all that much where my vote goes because it won't be a vote that counts anyway.

I haven't really gone from wagon to wagon.  I have voted for three different people today, all of which have been especially scummy.  Obviously I also think that we should lynch one of RR/Joseph as well today because there is some reason why scum didn't kill them last night.  I guess they are both easy mislynches, so it might be a good enough reason to keep them alive, but I really think that you go for the double kill as scum there.

You had a scummy end of day D1, and you are having a scummy end of day D2.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 20, 2016, 01:19:11 pm »

I have been very decisive.  I said that I wanted to lynch RR, then you, then Joseph.

That sounds indecisive, as if you are scum drifting in the reeds, landing in whatever spot gives you the best excuse.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: June 20, 2016, 01:20:11 pm »

I guess they are both easy mislynches, so it might be a good enough reason to keep them alive, but I really think that you go for the double kill as scum there.

Hmm, this is actually very convincing. I guess I could vote Joseph/RR then.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 20, 2016, 01:23:56 pm »

I have been very decisive.  I said that I wanted to lynch RR, then you, then Joseph.

That sounds indecisive, as if you are scum drifting in the reeds, landing in whatever spot gives you the best excuse.

It's only D2 and there are still 2 scum left.  I can want to lynch 3 different people.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 20, 2016, 01:29:29 pm »

So rereading Jimmmm,  he only votes for 3 different people.  He votes for Joseph, sheeping Seprix, then he votes for Haddock right before the deadline kind of in a self-preservation manner. 

This makes me not want to lynch Haddock.

I'm not sure what this says about Joseph or Seprix, seeing as he was one of the beginning people to vote for Joseph, and I don't know if he would have a problem sheeping his partner that way.  I am inclined to say that he wouldn't sheep partner!Seprix, so unvote

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 20, 2016, 01:41:33 pm »

Actually now looking at how the wagon on Jimmmmm formed, we get this.

So I can identify a dead case. We'll lynch Faust later.
Vote: Jimmmmmmmm

So I can identify a dead case. We'll lynch Faust later.
Vote: Jimmmmmmmm
Vote: Jimmmmm

Seems okay to me.

Vote Count 1.Haddock

Haddock (2+1): ADK, II, gkrieg
Seprix (0+1): ced
Joseph (0+1): Jimmmm  (wow Jimmmm should move his vote)
faust (0+1): Awaclus
gkrieg (0+1): Haddock
Jimmm (2+0): RR, Joseph
Awaclus (2+1): silver, faust, Seprix

I think faust and Awaclus's votes on each other are both bad and they should move.  I'm also in general not going to support the Awaclus wagon of course.

Since we're not far from deadline I will vote: Jimmm.   He may be the best viable option.

I think deadline is in about 6 hours.

Vote: Jimmmmm out of self-preservation.

vote: Jimmmm

strengthens my town read on Haddock for sure.  That guy is basically IC.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 20, 2016, 01:42:48 pm »

I thought it was already immediately obvious Haddock was an IC. Pretty sure I proved it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 20, 2016, 01:44:33 pm »

Now everyone's thoughts with regard to Jimmmm.  Sorry for the lots of quoting here, but I think it is important.  I didn't take all of the quotes becuase there were really quite a few of them.

So all QTs will be available to be read at the end of the day? That is where the bulk of our information is going to be, hopefully. We could just lynch a lurker, but I know for a fact that Jimmmmm is busy. Awaclus seems okay, but couldn't we do better?

What has Awaclus posted that he is not perfectly capable of reproducing as scum?

All of these posts without a single scum slip. Just because people usually tend to ignore the posts where I blatantly reveal having more information than a townie is supposed to have (talk about truly magnificent town play right there) doesn't mean I don't make them every time I'm scum.

If you provide convincing evidence of that I might be swayed to vote for Jimmm instead.

Jimmm is also your date, but nonetheless you should vote him over me.
How have you managed to strike off both iguana and ced?

I guess I'm just getting femme fatale'd by Jimmmmm, who knows. I am his date. Maybe I've grown quite attached to him. We've bonded for so long in that QT, where he's posted maybe 3 times total. Maybe we should lynch Jimmmmm, but there just isn't all that many interactions and cases you'd get from it.

I had a reason to not vote Iguana, but actually, I probably could after all. Consider him considered.
Ced has not been more underwhelming lately. Faust is wrong. He hasn't posted today, but he will doubtless be here for the end of day. I think his play warrants at least a D2. He's moved the game forward whenever he has posted.

I'm actually more than cool with a Jimmmm lynch.

I could also go for a Jimmmm lynch just by POE.

I really want to know what kind of weird-ass scum narrative you came up with for these posts of mine that you found strange.

You made like four different posts so I'll condense my response into a reply to this one.

I think the scum narrative for both things is obvious:

-Self-meta posts are often moot points at best. Obviously a scum doing self-meta can just "re-interpret" their meta so that it fits their play this game. Hence, when you use "solvy" to describe both, I'm thinking that this is maybe what you're doing. That said, your defense that one was "solvy the entire game" and the other one was "solvy until I get emotional" does make sense in the context of your self-meta posts.

-The "silver and faust are 100% in agreement" thing is noncommittal. I'll throw out the 100% thing - I think it was hyperbolic, but you have evidence behind your words, so sure. The "interesting" conclusion was the main thing I didn't like. Saying an aspect of someone's play is "interesting" sort of implies you find it scummy but might not mean that at all. That's what scum like to do - say something ambiguous now so you can clarify it later. I would also argue that if it is something you will "keep in mind for sure down the road" and if you think that "the act of observing a behavior manipulates the behavior", then maybe you should have kept the "100% in agreement" thing to yourself for now, rather than posted it in thread.
There's a second noncommittal aspect, actually. Your original post said that it was both silver and faust agreeing with eachother. Yet your post evidence is only of silver's posting. Why did you say that "[they] are in agreement" rather than "silver is agreeing with faust" originally?

This post is actually a good idea.  It wouldn't hurt to say who we plan on requesting before the day is over.

Uh, that's not what I said.

Unvote Seprix

Alright, so by my watch it's ~6.5 hours til the deadline. I should be online until then.

Looking back on Seprix's defense of my case, I'm liking him a lot more. He did have a more believable townie motive than what I thought for one of his posts, and that's really a big point in his favour if that comes to him naturally.

Awaclus might be increasingly looking like a caricature, but I don't think I want to lynch him for that. I feel it might be easier to read him a day or two down the line.

Jimmmmm's a lurker lynch. Lurker lynches are usually pretty janky, but man, if he's gonna lurk like this the whole game then he's a good fallback lynch. That said, I think someone mentioned earlier something along the lines of Jimmm and day one being a nonbo, and if that's the case I'd like to wait on that too.

All considered, I'd really like to vote iguana, but at this stage it's pointless of course. Actually, it's looking increasingly likely that my vote is only going to count on Haddock. Hmm. I haven't really read his recent posts (in particular his game analysis post) in-depth yet. I'll go and do that.

I'm not a big fan of the Jimmmmm wagon. Too many not-so-towny people on it.

So FTR I think that faust's 587 presents a good case on Haddock.

As for Haddock's more recent posting:
There's an obvious self-survival motive at work here (e.g. voting Jimmmmm), but I think that's a given regardless of alignment. There's something else driving Haddock's posts here, though: he's trying to solve the game. 675 is insightful in this regard. The voting restrictions are making a mess of the deadline situation, for example me not being able to productively vote iguana. He's not just saying that though - he is also actively trying to scumhunt outside of just going for Jimmmmm.

Jimmmmm and Awaclus meanwhile are mainly preoccupied with self-survival votes. In Jimmm's case, this goes back further. I did note his previous posts were complaining about Lynch all Lurkers when he got the first two votes from RR/Joseph.

Vote Jimmmmm

Lurker lynches suck but I really don't like the alternatives.

EWP: Man. If you're gonna flame me iguana, then I don't think I want to play.

EWP2: Oh.

If it's between Haddock and Jimmmm, I'd lynch Jimmmm.

Time to make a bold (ba dum Tsss) statement:
A no lynch is better than lynching Jimmmmm

I would much rather lynch haddock. He seems like a better lynch than Jimmmm anyways

Jimmmm is a terrible lynch, and the way he replied before he left is telling to me anyways. Jimmm is almost certainly town.

vote: Haddock to start, but willing to move.

you do, because your vote still counts in tie breaks.

That's true. That comes directly after a tie for valid votes, then?

I'd still rather Jimmm over Awaclus, if that's the only non-Haddock option.

I didn't think the Jimmmm lynch was happening and it was agreed to not talk about it until later.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 20, 2016, 01:53:13 pm »

ss and ced got a lot townier looking at that. 

I thought Joseph and RR were a lot townier for it as well, but RR then changed his vote off of him and said that he would rather no lynch than lynch Jimmmm.

Awaclus stays pretty much null for me.

Final Vote Count

Haddock (0): iguana, gkrieg, Jimmmmm
Jimmmmm (2): Joseph, Haddock, Awaclus, silverspawn
Awaclus (0): faust, ADK
silverspawn (0): Seprix

Not voting (2): Roadrunner, ced

Jimmmmm was a Mafia Goon!

Day starts Monday June 13th late afternoon forum time.  Orders and partner requests due Sunday June 12th at 8 p.m. forum time.

And this was the wagon at the end of the day.

Day 1

Partnerships

grieg-ADK
Jimmmmm-Seprix
ced-iguana
RR-Joseph
silver-faust
Awaclus-Haddock

And these were the partnerships.

So I don't think that ADK is a partner, because he could've avoided the lynch by staying on Haddock with me.  RR looks really bad here, because he almost made the Jimmmm lynch not happen, and the way that his viewpoint of him changed from scummy to not wanting to lynch him.

I mean that really just leaves iguana, Seprix, and RR in my scum list.

I still think that RR is at the top of that list then Seprix, then down much lower is iguana.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 20, 2016, 02:06:12 pm »

I don't know rereading the end of day again makes me want to lynch Seprix more, but looking at what RR has done today makes me want to lynch him more.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 20, 2016, 02:12:41 pm »

Okay, I'll bite.

vote: RR

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 20, 2016, 02:31:28 pm »

Want me to bite back Seprix? I am town.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: June 20, 2016, 02:43:47 pm »

Probably the team is just RR/Seprix/Jimmmm. I mean that makes perfect sense, but let's just kill the one who scum slipped today and go from there. Seprix flipping town would warrant a re-read at the very least.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 20, 2016, 02:45:00 pm »

I'm not scum. This is just what my play looks like when I'm not really trying because the game looks fairly solved/obvious.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: June 20, 2016, 02:50:58 pm »

I'm not scum. This is just what my play looks like when I'm not really trying because the game looks fairly solved/obvious.

oh I actually don't think you're scum, it was just that you were really the only other option when I did my little reread.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 20, 2016, 02:51:53 pm »

yeah I can see how I am probably the scummiest town player. I didn't vote for Jimmm out of laziness/apathy so there's a theoretical scum motivation there.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 20, 2016, 02:52:53 pm »

Also for RR and ADK, Joseph is clearly not the best option today.  He was actually kinda townie yesterday in getting the wagon started on Jimmmm

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 20, 2016, 02:56:14 pm »

Vote Count 2.krieg

Seprix (2): ced, iguana, Awaclus, Haddock, gkrieg
Roadrunner (0): Joseph, Seprix
Joseph (2): Roadrunner, ADK
Awaclus (0): silverspawn

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to majority lynch

Deadline: Tuesday, June 21st at 5 p.m. forum time

vote: Seprix again.  I think his lynch is the one that is probably going to happen anyway.

I already added my vote back into the count

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 20, 2016, 04:11:50 pm »

I am NOT scum!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.