Miscellaneous > Other Games

CIVILIZATION VI

<< < (2/25) > >>

jonts26:
+Districts sounds very interesting
+Bringing back local happiness
+Grouping support units with military units
++Diplomacy overhaul (though I have no real idea what it looks like, Civ5 diplomacy is just garbage)

-Don't prefer the cartoonish art
-It'll probably be a super buggy mess at launch as is tradition. I'll probably pre-order anyway.

Teproc:
CiV diplomacy gets a bad rap. It's not great, but "garbage", is a bit strong, once you get used to its patterns, the AI doesn't seem so irrational anymore.

It does need to be vastly improved though, hopefully CiVI does that.

As for the art... it's a bit too bright maybe, and the forests and jungles aren't great, but I like it overall.

Jack Rudd:
And there was much rejoicing.

pacovf:
I find the art good enough, I don't get the bad rap it's getting over the internet...?

CiV's diplo was a bit psychotic, but well diplo has always been kind of bad in Civ (and pretty much all 4X games for that matter), so it's just a different kind of bad.

I don't know how anyone can miss stacks of doom. Sure, managing 20+ units each turn is a nightmare, but stacks of doom were as unfun as it gets. Hopefully the corps manage to combine the best of both worlds. Didn't civ3 use a similar mechanic? Did anyone play that?

Excited about local happiness coming back, but I don't know where you saw that, jonts.

If I understand districts correctly, it's going to be somewhat similar to what they do in Warlock. I don't really understand why they add "pillage" mechanics in a game in which declaring war has so many negative consequences, anything less than complete conquest is considered a loss.

I will definitely not buy it on release though, learned my lesson with CiV.

By the way, anyone played the expansion to Civ:BE?

Ichimaru Gin:
Not entirely on topic, but I used to play a ton of Civ IV. I tried getting into V, but it never really clicked with me.
I can't get over the Civ IV mindset for how stuff works: unit stacking, civics, religions and other stuff they changed.
I just feel like there's something I'm missing. Should I just treat it like an entirely different game?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version