Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Online-Only Cards: can they happen?  (Read 22622 times)

Freddy10

• Thief
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
Re: Online-Only Cards: can they happen?
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2018, 08:01:14 pm »

You can also use hidden information, like the cards on your deck. For example "draw the last action card from your deck" (what would make better chancellor effect)
Who trashes the trashers?

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2018, 04:14:36 pm »

My favorite online-only card idea is an attack that's like "choose a card in the supply. Each other player guesses what card you chose. Anyone who guessed wrong gains a copy of the chosen card." It has to be online-only since there's no way to keep you honest about what you guessed.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2018, 04:47:06 pm »

My favorite online-only card idea is an attack that's like "choose a card in the supply. Each other player guesses what card you chose. Anyone who guessed wrong gains a copy of the chosen card." It has to be online-only since there's no way to keep you honest about what you guessed.
Except writing it down? Normally you'd be choosing Curse, Estate or Copper anyway, so you could even do it with tokens.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2018, 07:39:09 pm »

Except writing it down? Normally you'd be choosing Curse, Estate or Copper anyway, so you could even do it with tokens.

How could you do it with tokens? You couldn't put a token on the pile because that would reveal everything.

Writing it down secretly would work, but then would the set have to come with pencils and paper?

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2018, 09:07:20 pm »
+1

I'm not convinced about the idea itself - it sounds like it would take up too much time for the amount of fun, but if you did want to implement it, one option would be to provide, say, three tokens that looked identical from above, but one had a tick and two had a cross underneath. The player distributes those tokens between three supply piles to secretly indicate their choice.

Freddy10

• Thief
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2018, 09:43:58 pm »
+2

How could you do it with tokens? You couldn't put a token on the pile because that would reveal everything.

Writing it down secretly would work, but then would the set have to come with pencils and paper?

Or maybe just use the randomizer cards?
Who trashes the trashers?

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2018, 10:19:57 am »

Assuming that the card will only ever be used to deal out Copper, Estate or Curse, you could simplify it to give a choice only between those three. In that case, you can have a token for each in each player color, all with the same back side. Players pick one and then they all reveal the token.
As a matter of fact, you could even have each player take one copy of each card to set aside, which they then use instead of tokens.

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lost Phoenix
  • Your resident lurker
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2018, 10:33:46 pm »
+1

Assuming that the card will only ever be used to deal out Copper, Estate or Curse, you could simplify it to give a choice only between those three. In that case, you can have a token for each in each player color, all with the same back side. Players pick one and then they all reveal the token.
As a matter of fact, you could even have each player take one copy of each card to set aside, which they then use instead of tokens.

If a card is extremely clunky or finnicky when done IRL, then I'd consider it to be online-only. I'd say this idea fits into that category.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.