Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: What I've learnt from Adventures online...  (Read 57099 times)

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
Re: What I've learnt from Adventures online...
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2016, 05:11:04 am »
+2

Swamp Hag doesn't distribute Curses when buying from the Black Market :(

It should.

It did in the game I just played

Looking at the log, it turns out that my opponent didn't actually buy something. But due to past performance, it seems I automatically assumed it more likely that MF got it wrong.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2016, 05:19:23 am »
+7

If you have $7, and there's just one Province left (and you want it) -- buy Borrow!

But play your Treasures first, because otherwise you might end up with just $1 and a -1 card token on your deck.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2016, 03:39:39 pm »
+2

The card Gear isn't gear as in machinery, but gear as in camping or military gear.  I hadn't looked closely at the artwork before.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2016, 06:02:19 pm »

The card Gear isn't gear as in machinery, but gear as in camping or military gear.  I hadn't looked closely at the artwork before.

We talked about that already!

(link: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=14821.0)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 06:04:24 pm by Witherweaver »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2016, 07:45:18 am »

What would the machinery Gear have to do with Adventuring?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

mameluke

• Duke
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2016, 09:21:27 am »
+11

Building an Engine, of course!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2016, 10:58:08 am »

What would the machinery Gear have to do with Adventuring?

Have you ever been a DM/GM?  The shit that PCs shove into their bags "just in case" is amazing.  1000 candles, bucket of lard, an entire handy haversack full of lamp oil... yeah, half a dozen cogwheels wouldn't be surprising at all.  Especially in Eberron.  Everyone remembers Eberron, right? <crickets>
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2016, 11:06:23 am »

Have you ever been a DM/GM?  The shit that PCs shove into their bags "just in case" is amazing.  1000 candles, bucket of lard, an entire handy haversack full of lamp oil... yeah, half a dozen cogwheels wouldn't be surprising at all.  Especially in Eberron.  Everyone remembers Eberron, right? <crickets>

Well, if you give the players something, they're naturally going to assume you're giving it to them because you have also designed a use for said item later on in the game.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2016, 11:23:56 am »
+2

Well, if you give the players something, they're naturally going to assume you're giving it to them because you have also designed a use for said item later on in the game.

No man, this is stuff they bought in town.  Hard to tell them a city of 20k people wouldn't have those things for sale.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2016, 11:26:56 am »

No man, this is stuff they bought in town.  Hard to tell them a city of 20k people wouldn't have those things for sale.

That's weird then. I usually play with much stingier players who never buy anything unless it's armor (myself included when I'm a player).

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2016, 12:00:40 pm »

That's weird then. I usually play with much stingier players who never buy anything unless it's armor (myself included when I'm a player).

You never know when you might need a crowbar.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2016, 04:42:01 pm »
+8

This time, I found a real bug!

Trade Route/Inheritance. If you gain Estates after inheriting, the Trade Route token is not removed from the pile, leading to this funny game where Estates are empty, but still have their token on them:

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160508/log.0.1462739875208.txt
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2016, 05:45:15 pm »
+1

Unless I'm being thick, I think I'm right in saying that BoM as Gear should be discarded at end of turn if you didn't set aside any cards.  Correct?  In which case I should report that as a bug.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2016, 06:04:14 pm »
+7

Unless I'm being thick, I think I'm right in saying that BoM as Gear should be discarded at end of turn if you didn't set aside any cards.  Correct?  In which case I should report that as a bug.

The funny thing is that with Making Fun, you can never be too careful with reporting bugs because you never know when they might actually implement the wrong rules as a result of your bug report.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2016, 02:17:55 pm »

I learned from playing adventures online that brand new cards doesn't improve my play experience in a way that will compensate for non-existent matchmaking

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2016, 09:26:53 pm »
+2

I learned from playing adventures online that brand new cards doesn't improve my play experience in a way that will compensate for non-existent matchmaking

Don't think about your bad experiences. Don't worry about your lack of matchmaking. Just look at the floating heads, gliding in and out of existence. Look at Salvager's face, bless his soul. Look how phased out he is, floating with the misty crystal ball residue. He is your Teacher. He is your Master. Learn from Salvager. Become phased out. Do not think about your miserable experience with Making Fun. Only think about how pleasant Salvager's eyes are, how they gaze into your soul. He can see the potential. He can see the peace inside, just waiting to be used. Let go of your anger. Let go of your hatred. Become one with the Salvager. You can do it. Do not think about your miserable experience with Making Fun. Let go.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

math

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: math
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2016, 11:34:26 pm »

Don't think about your bad experiences. Don't worry about your lack of matchmaking. Just look at the floating heads, gliding in and out of existence. Look at Salvager's face, bless his soul. Look how phased out he is, floating with the misty crystal ball residue. He is your Teacher. He is your Master. Learn from Salvager. Become phased out. Do not think about your miserable experience with Making Fun. Only think about how pleasant Salvager's eyes are, how they gaze into your soul. He can see the potential. He can see the peace inside, just waiting to be used. Let go of your anger. Let go of your hatred. Become one with the Salvager. You can do it. Do not think about your miserable experience with Making Fun. Let go.

And then Salvager disappears and is replaced with Thief.

bardo

• Chancellor
  • Shuffle iT Username: g. lazalde
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2016, 10:59:48 am »
+3

I've learned that people really don't like to let you play out your complex Adventures turns, and the number of resignations seems to have skyrocketed. Anecdotally, a lot of these are on the last turn just seconds before finishing.

Of course this may be just a rush to go explore the new cards more after the game is out of hand. Regardless, I understand and I don't hold it against anyone, it's just something I've noticed.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2016, 12:43:20 pm »

I've learned that 'learnt' is equally valid as 'learned'.
Only in American English, I believe.

I'm late, but we have a lot of language fans.  I use learnt, and dictionaries tend to list this as more common in British English.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2016, 12:45:59 pm »

I've learned that people really don't like to let you play out your complex Adventures turns, and the number of resignations seems to have skyrocketed. Anecdotally, a lot of these are on the last turn just seconds before finishing.

Of course this may be just a rush to go explore the new cards more after the game is out of hand. Regardless, I understand and I don't hold it against anyone, it's just something I've noticed.

Yup. Most noticeably this happens in page/peasant games

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2016, 01:28:45 pm »

CRAZY bug.
Just played this game: http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160510/log.0.1462901128150.txt
My Spy discarded my opponent's Champion! Did those MF...people actually implement Champion as being the top card of your deck when it's not your turn instead of being in play??

Infthitbox

• Explorer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2016, 01:31:31 pm »
+6

CRAZY bug.
Just played this game: http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160510/log.0.1462901128150.txt
My Spy discarded my opponent's Champion! Did those MF...people actually implement Champion as being the top card of your deck when it's not your turn instead of being in play??

He never played it; it was actually the top card of his deck.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2016, 02:40:50 pm »

CRAZY bug.

Duh. For some reason I was sure he had been playing with it for several turns.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2016, 02:50:15 pm »
+7

CRAZY bug.

Duh. For some reason I was sure he had been playing with it for several turns.
Well, there's a simple test. If he had played champion then the spy would have no effect on him. Champion blocks attacks.  8)
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2016, 04:55:24 pm »
+8

You can play Coppers, then buy Bonfires to trash them, then (assuming you still have $6) buy Grand Market, because your Coppers are no longer in play.

(I had just figured I wouldn't buy one that turn because getting rid of the Coppers was better.  This was a nice surprise.)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.