Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Author Topic: What I've learnt from Adventures online...  (Read 57072 times)

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
Re: What I've learnt from Adventures online...
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2016, 03:02:01 pm »
+1

The Silver-gaining from Treasure Hunter really slows down the plan to use Warriors for draw. Also, be very careful about misclicking and turning all of your Warriors into Heros once you've already played Champion.

If you don't own any sets, Adventures is a much better purchase because lots of people who own all sets besides Adventures will want to play with you, so with a little effort spent on match-making you can get lots of games with all sets.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2016, 03:47:42 pm »
+4

You can buy multiple Balls a turn, and still only get penalized once.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Psyduck

• Bishop
  • Respect: +135
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2016, 04:26:00 pm »

Possession kind of counters Swamp Hag, in the sense that your opponent's Swamp Hag effect ends when you possess him, because it's his next turn then.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2016, 04:34:10 pm »
+7

Fun MF fact: Excluding Adventures from the randomizer does not exclude it from the Black Market deck! That made for a fun League game against an opponent who didn't want Adventures.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2016, 04:35:50 pm »
+4

Fun MF fact: Excluding Adventures from the randomizer does not exclude it from the Black Market deck! That made for a fun League game against an opponent who didn't want Adventures.

My first game post-update had zero Adventures cards or Events (despite me biasing towards Adventures), but it did have Adventures cards in the Black Market deck. My opponent played a Black Market and asked, "WTF is a Wine Merchant"? They accidentally bought it when trying to figure out what it did.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2016, 04:36:28 pm »
+1

As of pre-Adventures, the Black Market was chosen from all cards whether you had purchased them or not. If that's still true, which I haven't checked, then even people who don't purchase Adventures will get to play some of its cards. One more reason to love Black Market.

Edit: this is still true. I see Adventures cards in the Black Market in a game against a bot despite not having purchased the set. Unfortunately, without the Making More Fun mod laying out the cards in your hand better, Black Market engines are very annoying to play because it becomes impossible to see the cards in your hand when you have too many uniques!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:14:29 pm by JW »

E.Honda

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: E.Honda
  • Respect: +226
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2016, 06:25:10 pm »
+1

For my part, I discovered yesterday that if Page/Peasant is in the Black Market, then the relevant upgrade cards will appear in the kingdom, as per the setup rules, but there will be no way to access them because there is no pile to return the Page/Peasant to to exchange.  How odd!

Sounds like a bug. There is absolutely no reason to include Traveller upgrade cards when there's no way to get them, it just creates confusion.

Well, they put Treasure Map in BM decks which is useless without a second one. You just ignore it in the BM deck but sometimes newbies fall for it.

Edge case: fairgrounds

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2016, 06:28:36 pm »
+5

When planning to buy Save and something else, be certain to buy Save first if you only have one Buy.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2016, 06:48:02 pm »

Miser/alms BM beats Journeyman/Alms BM.  Kinda didn't expect that.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2016, 12:34:46 pm »
+1

Mission is just insane if you have the tools to use it. Also figured out how to use the Dominion Salvager Prettifier.

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160505/log.0.1462465825862.txt

In this game, I had Remodel, Peddler, and Mission. I thinned down significantly, and then I got to the point where I could easily draw my whole deck. I ended up gaining 4 Provinces in a turn + Mission Turn as a result on Turn 15, winning handily. Always be extra careful with Mission on the board.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2016, 12:42:07 pm »
+6

Games with Borrow can go FAST.

That's 6 Provinces in 12 turns, in a deck with one Junk Dealer, one Explorer, and two Stables, plus Borrow to smooth out the $ amounts. "They can't all be the best $5" indeed.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:23:11 pm by LastFootnote »

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2016, 02:23:41 pm »
+3

Also figured out how to use the Dominion Salvager Prettifier.

How do you use it when there are Adventures cards? It always just freezes on "Parsing"...

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2016, 02:29:43 pm »

How do you use it when there are Adventures cards? It always just freezes on "Parsing"...

Not my problem. Go bother ragingduckd or nutki.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2016, 02:45:43 pm »
+2

Games with Borrow can go FAST.

That's 6 Provinces in 12 turns, in a deck with one Junk Dealer, one Explorer, and two Stables, plus Borrow to smooth out the $ amounts. "They can't all be the best $5" indeed.

Explorer can be quite powerful in the right deck.  :)
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Infthitbox

• Explorer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2016, 02:52:57 pm »
+6

yed merged my branch that includes Adventures support earlier today, so it the prettifier works now with Adventures cards, Events now show up in the kingdom viewer, and you can search Adventures cards in the log search.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2016, 03:01:17 pm »

yed merged my branch that includes Adventures support earlier today, so it the prettifier works now with Adventures cards, Events now show up in the kingdom viewer, and you can search Adventures cards in the log search.

Unfortunately it still gets stuck on "Parsing" for my log above. New cards in the log are Ratcatcher, Artificer, Haunted Woods, and Borrow.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:08:09 pm by LastFootnote »

Infthitbox

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2016, 03:06:50 pm »
+1

Unfortunately it still gets stuck on "Parsing" for my log above. New cards in the log are Ratcatcher, Artificer, Haunted Woods, and Borrow.

Interesting, I'll look into it.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2016, 03:08:18 pm »

Interesting, I'll look into it.

Wait, which URL am I supposed to be using? gokosalvager gets stuck on "Parsing", but retrobox gets stuck on "Loading 4".

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2016, 03:09:54 pm »

Whichever one gets updates first, I guess.

Infthitbox

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2016, 03:12:33 pm »
+1

Huh, I got the notification he merged the branch. It doesn't look like the site has actually been updated though. Not sure then why Seprix's log is working with the prettifier, but Guide isn't colored in the log prettifier so it doesn't look like its actually got the new code and works because... magic?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2016, 03:20:56 pm »

Huh, I got the notification he merged the branch. It doesn't look like the site has actually been updated though. Not sure then why Seprix's log is working with the prettifier, but Guide isn't colored in the log prettifier so it doesn't look like its actually got the new code and works because... magic?

Maybe it's because no one bought/used Guide.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2016, 05:23:29 pm »

It works now! Thanks!

Philothea

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2016, 05:29:24 pm »
+5

For my part, I discovered yesterday that if Page/Peasant is in the Black Market, then the relevant upgrade cards will appear in the kingdom, as per the setup rules, but there will be no way to access them because there is no pile to return the Page/Peasant to to exchange.  How odd!

Thanks for this. It had me baffled yesterday, I thought it was a bug.

Heard back from MF today, it is a bug and will be fixed in a future patch for Adventures bugs.

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2016, 02:36:40 am »

Kind of related to the Black Market thing: Does the button "Exclude cards I don't own" trump my wish to play with Adventures? Yesterday I had no Adventures cards in 2 out of 3 games, which seems very, very unlikely to have happened randomly.
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2016, 05:18:31 am »

Kind of related to the Black Market thing: Does the button "Exclude cards I don't own" trump my wish to play with Adventures? Yesterday I had no Adventures cards in 2 out of 3 games, which seems very, very unlikely to have happened randomly.

I suspect something is up with this. I've been getting in a lot of games with no Adventures Kingdom cards but Events included, leading me to believe players I auto-match with are disallowing cards they don't own but Events are being stuck in regardless. However, it could just be randomness so I don't want to call this anything but a suspicion.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.