Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Pathfinder Adventures online  (Read 792 times)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
Pathfinder Adventures online
« on: May 02, 2016, 11:58:03 am »

I downloaded the Pathfinder Adventures app for my Android.

I played the physical card game a couple of times, but I didn't know what was going on. Those games had veteran players, and I didn't want to slow the game down, so I was told what my immediate options were without seeing the big picture. Downloading this app helped me figure out how the game flows.

I downloaded it for the tablet and the phone. The text can get really small. I wasn't even aware of the relevance of the location rules when viewed on my phone. When I played it on my tablet, I could read it, barely.

The monetization method is not what I expected. You can win coins by playing the game, and you can buy coins. You use these coins to unlock content. So if you're a free player, you have to "farm" a lot to unlock content. But if you're impatient (like me), then you can buy your sets. It looks like the exception so far is that Rise of the Runelords is cash-only, so it's not completely free to play.

It seems to work pretty well. I've not plunked down money for it yet. I want to ensure that I will play it more often, but it's pretty neat. I lost my first game but haven't lost the others in the limited quests I've done.
A man has no signature

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder Adventures online
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 12:00:35 pm »
+1

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.52 seconds with 20 queries.