Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: People to NOT avoid on Isotropic!  (Read 11489 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
People to NOT avoid on Isotropic!
« on: January 23, 2012, 10:19:14 am »
+13

I just had to give a shout-out to Next time I'll win. While attempting to pass him a Copper for the Masquerade, I clicked a little too quickly and gave him a Colony. After I mentioned how it should have been a Copper, he offered to pass it back with the next Masquerade! I told him he didn't have to, but he did anyway. Great to see someone who is more interested in having fun and playing fair than just the final outcome. :)
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Marcus316

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Re: People to NOT avoid on Isotropic!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 11:31:59 am »

It's always good to hear stories like this.

I hope more people post good items like this on here.

Kudos to Next time I'll win!

Chronos

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 04:14:11 pm »

Along the same lines, I was just playing a game with emperorP and, after I accidentally played a Bank before my treasures and mentioned it in chat, he, without any request or prompting from me, played his Bank as though he had done the same thing.

Kudos to emperorP!

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 04:02:42 pm »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201201/26/game-20120126-125903-c0e85529.html

"nemu" should NOT be avoided. He was nice enough to give me the win by buying the colonies for me at the very end of the game when his deck was just getting in its prime while mine was slowing down, thus securing the win. Without him I may not have won this game. Afterwards he said "You were the less annoying one. ;)" ^_^_^_^
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

Kenuru

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 05:53:20 pm »
+1

I like this thread very, very much. It restores my good faith in people.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
  • Respect: +1097
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 04:35:37 pm »

Big tip of the hat to slow louie, who stuck around for a Pirate Ship game after our third player quit in anger. We chatted a bit about Dominion and our tastes in games. A big thumbs-up!

paddyodoors

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 10:04:06 am »
+1

(repost from other thread)

Played about 2 hours straight with an individual on Isotropic going by the handle Gnum.

I cannot think of two hours spent gaming that could be any better than this.  He is a capital gent, probably a little more skilled at the game than me (which isn't that hard to do), and was extremely willing to
  • play fast,
  • chat/not chat,
  • comment on the game when it moved him,
  • and keep playing.

If anyone ever gets the opportunity to play against him, I hope you have as much fun as I just had.  Very good games.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 09:19:02 pm »

This person, like Gnum, did not mind playing fast and chatting and playing a lot of games!!!!!! This is one of the friendliest people on iso. I have ever met. Unfortunately, this person was not logged in, so did not have an official nickname. Kudos to sadfasdfsdfasd (Or whatever your temporary name was)!!!!
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 01:53:32 pm »

Just played probably close to 15 games with Marin, it was very fun and competetive in a friendly way. He seems to have changed his ways, lots of talking and jokes, no bitching about bad luck. :)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 05:03:09 pm »

Just played probably close to 15 games with Marin, it was very fun and competetive in a friendly way. He seems to have changed his ways, lots of talking and jokes, no bitching about bad luck. :)

Thank you for posting this. I've been avoiding him for a while.  I will give him another shot.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 05:05:40 pm »

My games with Marin have showed me my weaknesses as a player more than any other opponent. Specifically, he repeatedly shows me that I need to consider far more carefully the logistics of 3-pile endgames.

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 11:55:44 am »

Played a couple of games with Rhydgecht, who was quite pleasant.  Nothing spectacular, just a nice guy.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 05:00:18 pm »

SpacemanSpiff.

Just played this game in which I pulled Ambassador from the BM deck on turn 4, proceeded to piledrive the Scrying Pools and later added the only available Outpost to my deck. Needless to say, SpacemanSpiff spent about 90% on the game sitting out while I played double-full-deck turns to each of his one 5-card turns, all the while constantly unloading Curses into his deck. He could not have been more polite about it and even seemed to enjoy the game. Thanks. If I were on the other side I would have resigned in a fit of rage on turn 5.

Just a shame Google wouldn't let me sign in. Piledrivers on Scrying Pool and Colony there (not on Colony as I ended 1 turn early to put him out of his misery. Would have been if I were signed in).

thirtyseven

• Duke
  • Respect: +475
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 04:38:03 pm »

Resurrecting this thread for mentallyatrophic who is above-and-beyond friendly and polite. I Possessed his KC-Possession hand and he said "good timing ;)" Then on my last turn he said "you got this ;)" then after I said "gg wp very close" he said "thank you, gg, good sir." Just made me feel good and so he deserves props.
I'm only a mid-level player, so I may be wrong...

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 04:41:58 pm »
+1

Resurrecting this thread for mentallyatrophic who is above-and-beyond friendly and polite. I Possessed his KC-Possession hand and he said "good timing ;)" Then on my last turn he said "you got this ;)" then after I said "gg wp very close" he said "thank you, gg, good sir." Just made me feel good and so he deserves props.

If you really wanted to be polite, you would have played that KC-Possession. ;)
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

thirtyseven

• Duke
  • Respect: +475
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 06:04:54 pm »

I went down a level last night so I was not in the mood for that ;)
I'm only a mid-level player, so I may be wrong...

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 11:07:39 pm »
+2

I went down a level last night so I was not in the mood for that ;)
And you sir, have just helped me find the silver lining in being a level 0.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 22 queries.