Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23  All

Author Topic: Mafia 81: Desperation Mafia - Game Over  (Read 54228 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 81: Desperation Mafia - Day2
« Reply #375 on: May 11, 2016, 10:28:25 am »

ashersky, Robz, Members of the f.DS Non-Mafia and of the Mafia Sub-Forums:

Tuesday, May 10 2016--a date which will live in infamy--the f.DS Dominion Strategy Forum suddenly and (non-deliberately) crashed by members and non-members curious about Empires.

The f.DS Mafia Sub-Forum was at peace with the f.DS Forum and, at the solicitation of Donald X, was still in conversation with its posters and its moderator, theory, looking toward the maintenance of posting in the Forum.

Indeed, one minute after the Forum went down, theory and his colleague (rrenaud) delivered to the Sub-Forum Moderators a formal reply to a recent Mafia Sub-Forum message. And while this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue the existing diplomatic negotiations, it contained no threat or hint of downtime or crashing.

It will be recorded that the distance of the Forum from the Sub-Form makes it obvious that the crash wasn't deliberately planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time, f.DS Forum has posted multiple threads worth of post about Adventures and Empires.

The crash yesterday on the Forum has caused severe damage to Mafia players and moderators. I regret to tell you that very many witty posts and meticulous vote counts have been lost. In addition, memes have been reported to have been lost in between hitting the post button and seeing the post appear.

Yesterday, the crash also affected the f.DS wikipedia.

Last night, the crash affected the f.DS RSP page.

Last night, the crash affected the f.DS streaming page.

Last night, the crash affected the Dominion League page.

And this morning it was determined that it affected the Empires Spoilers.

The Forum has, therefore, undertaken a surprise crash extending throughout the f.DS area. The facts of yesterday and today speak for themselves. The people of the Mafia Sub-Forum have already formed their posts and well understood the implications to the very posting and voting of our games.

As a moderator in this game, I have directed that all measures be taken for posting. But always will our whole Forum remember the character of the crash against us.

No matter how long it may take us to overcome this accidental downtime, the Mafia Players in their righteous might will post through to absolute victory.

I believe that I interpret the will of the moderators and players when I assert that we will not only post to the uttermost, but will make it very certain that this form of downtime shall most likely again endanger us.

Downtimes exist. There is no blinking at the fact that our players, our Sub-Forum, and our votes are in grave danger.

With confidence in our votes, with the unbounding determination of our Townies, we will gain the inevitable triumph--so help us Galzria.

I ask that the moderators declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly downtime on the Forum on Tuesday, May 2016, a state of heightened posting has existed between the Mafia Sub-Forum and the f.DS Forum.

yuma

Vote Count 2.3

RR: (2) Awaclus, iguana (L-2)
Haddock: (2) gkrieg, 2.7 (L-2)
iguana: (1) RR
gkrieg: (1) Haddock

Not Voting: (1) WW

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Day2 will last for 8 days (1 day extension, there may be more depending, due to forum downtimes).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:33:20 am by yuma »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 81: Desperation Mafia - Day1
« Reply #376 on: May 11, 2016, 10:29:23 am »

vote: chairs

Why did you vote Chairs here?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 11, 2016, 10:30:26 am »

Small games are not good for people who are scared of voting.

Haddock is clearly town.

Dislike.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 11, 2016, 10:32:25 am »

Chairs:

1) Hasn't said much, that's normal for him. 
2) Answered for me to WW that my post was an 'appeal to emotion' -- This felt like a cheap way to undercut what I was saying and subtly push others toward scum reading me.
3) Hedged when questioned about previous appeal to emotion post - saying I 'still looked townie,' despite the post. This seemed a bit off to me.
4) unexplained vote on rr feel opportunistic.

This adds up to a mild scum read and my best vote for now.

Ah, Iguana had the foresight to have the hindsight to answer my future question.  This seems reasonable. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 11, 2016, 10:35:11 am »

Well, I don't agree.

How are you feeling about Haddock right now?

His big post felt townie.

On what merits?

Very early big wagon; I think scum is going to want to play it more low key and hope the spotlight on him moves on.  This was a big post, had some real analysis, felt honest with reads and such, shows evidence of actual deliberation.  Big posts aren't necessarily townie, but if you're scum in that situation, it's harder to write so much, because you're on the verge of being lynched.. you tend to think everything you write is just going to make you look so scummy.  So it's hard to make a genuine-sounding post that has content.

Backed off e and went to RR.. that could go either way I guess.

At least for me, a big post isn't something I do more as either alignment, it's just something I do at L-1

Are you thinking of specific scum game(s) from Haddock?

No, but I do remember reading scum games of his where he's made similar big posts defending himself. Maybe his first game?

His first game when he white knighted faust

I'm noticing a pattern of Gkrieg on Day 1 here with a lot of 'sideline' commenting. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 11, 2016, 10:42:59 am »

Lynch today should be Iguana or Gkrieg. 

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #381 on: May 11, 2016, 10:43:31 am »

This is Awa's first vote on RR.  Has he ever changed position on RR?  This worries me.  Scum!Awa would mean RR is probably town here, and town!Awa tunnelling people is pretty often wrong from what I remember.

You remember wrong. In RMM31, I tunneled two people, both of them were scum. In other relatively recent town games, I have also correctly identified and tunneled scum with a pretty high success rate.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 11, 2016, 10:45:28 am »

If chairs is town, that is the scummiest of scummy hammers.

If chairs is town, that is the scummiest of scummy hammers.

No it's not, it was just the dumbest of dumb hammers. RR and iguana are still scummier.
I don't think it was dumb, I think it was scummy (again, IF chairs is town).  I mean: "Aw man I would have hammered."  <vote>  "Oh that has the hammer? Huh, cool!".   me no like.

I agree RR is a good start for tomorrow if chairs is town. But let's see what happens.

Hey!  Look how careful I am to say 'if Chairs is town'!  I definitely can't be scum because I don't know Chairs is town!

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 11, 2016, 10:47:41 am »

RR is freaking out about votes for no reason which is pretty much classic RR. I don't like haddock voting for him, meta wise that's like the safest vote ever.

This is a good point.
No, it ISN'T!  How many times do I have to say this?  This was exactly false from ADK.  RR was not freaking out nearly enough by his usual standards, which was a big part of my reason for voting him.

Memeing is a scum tell.

Vote: Haddock

OK, serious face now.   I don't think the case against II is a good one so far.  He has been lynched early and stupidly too often recently, he's right.  I'm withholding judgement at this point. 
So I guess I'd better unvote since there are proper votes on him now. 

I have no other reads so far.

Dislike.
This was my 3rd post and very early in the game.  I'm not going to repeat my arguments about how my hedginess D1 is normal.

Small games are not good for people who are scared of voting.

Haddock is clearly town.

Dislike.
FWIW I think I already mentioned how I didn't like this post either.

PPE - Awaclus. Possibly.  There's likely some confirmation bias there, people remember when tunnellers are wrong but rarely when they're right.
PPE - WW.  Yeah, believe it or not town people are also aware that "implying that you already know someone is town" is seen as scummy, so they also avoid doing it.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 11, 2016, 10:49:01 am »

Lynch today should be Iguana or Gkrieg.

Why? I don't like either of those. I could do Gkrieg but Roadrunner is a lot lot better.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 11, 2016, 10:50:07 am »

How could you possibly think that chairs was scum when Roadrunner was the alternative wagon?

Vote: RR

This is either town Awaclus or scum Awaclus thinking this is how town Awaclus is, which is how Awaclus is.  Awaclus is being very Awaclus this game.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 11, 2016, 10:52:15 am »

vote: WW

I really think it is between him and e. One of those two just had to be scum

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 81: Desperation Mafia - Night1
« Reply #387 on: May 11, 2016, 10:54:15 am »

Final Day1 Vote Count

RR: (4) Haddock, iguanaiguana, chairs, Awaclus
chairs: (5) WW, 2.7, ADK, RR, gkrieg

Not Voting: (0)

chairs has been lynched. He was a Town Vanilla Cop. Night1 begins now. Players with night actions, please PM me your actions. All other players please "check-in" by also PMing the mod before the end of Night1. Day2 will not start until all players have checked in or have been replaced, if necessary. Night2 will last about 48 hours.

Thread Locked!

Oh, hey.. both RR and Chairs were at L-1.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 11, 2016, 10:55:47 am »

PPE - WW.  Yeah, believe it or not town people are also aware that "implying that you already know someone is town" is seen as scummy, so they also avoid doing it.

Fair enough, but why are you even thinking about it at all?  It seems like you felt a need have a reaction to the lynch.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 11, 2016, 10:57:21 am »

Yes, and town! ADK had announced intent to hammer roadrunner when Gkrieg hammered!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 11, 2016, 10:58:17 am »

vote: WW

I really think it is between him and e. One of those two just had to be scum

I'm town, I think e is town.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 11, 2016, 11:01:46 am »

Fair enough, but why are you even thinking about it at all?  It seems like you felt a need have a reaction to the lynch.
I was thinking about it because I think it's useful (even in twilight) to discuss how scummy-or-not hammers are.  Obviously if scum gets hammered it's probably not a scummy hammer (most of the time).  So you have to talk about the hypothetical where the person being hammered is town.
My feel for whether or not a given hammer is scummy is one of the only parts of my game that is pretty decent, so I like to lean on it.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 11, 2016, 11:05:03 am »

Nevermind, I don't like the case of Gkrieg.

Vote: Roadrunner

What do you mean, 'the case of Gkrieg'?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 11, 2016, 11:08:15 am »

Presumably "of"="on"

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 11, 2016, 11:10:54 am »

But it was at the beginning of the day, one of the first posts.  There was no 'case'.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 11, 2016, 11:19:06 am »

But it was at the beginning of the day, one of the first posts.  There was no 'case'.
Oh yeah, I see.  Dunno.  By the looks of it he's thinking about voting gkrieg on the back of the bad hammer, but then looking closer decides that's not enough of a case.  That's how I'd interpret it.  But it would definitely be good if II could come and clarify, just in case.  I don't want to put words in his mouth.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 11, 2016, 11:20:42 am »

Final Day1 Vote Count

chairs has been lynched. He was a Town Vanilla Cop. Night1 begins now. Players with night actions, please PM me your actions. All other players please "check-in" by also PMing the mod before the end of Night1. Day2 will not start until all players have checked in or have been replaced, if necessary. Night2 will last about 48 hours.

Thread Locked!

Were you seriously not aware of this?  There was even intent to hammer RR...

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 11, 2016, 11:24:54 am »

Final Day1 Vote Count

Thread Locked!

Were you seriously not aware of this?  There was even intent to hammer RR...

I think I had misread when I went over that part.  I had thought ADK was announcing intent to hammer Chairs, but actually his vote was already on him.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 11, 2016, 12:31:58 pm »

Presumably "of"="on"

Yes, of = on.

The case on Gkrieg is and was that he scummily hammered Chairs when Roadrunner was about to be hammered without even asking. He even took advantage of the fact that ADK hadn't unvoted Chairs yet and used ADK's vote on Chairs to hammer Chairs when ADK was OBVIOUSLY about to unvote Chairs and vote Roadrunner.

Here's my thing. The only scum narrative for Gkrieg doing this is protecting a partner. If Roadrunner were town and Gkrieg scum, then why put your neck out on the line and hammer town just to protect another town, when the other town is clearly about to be killed and there's a good chance to mislynch the first town the next day anyway?

So either Roadrunner is scum, or both Roadrunner and Gkrieg are probably town. Therefore, it makes more sense to lynch Roadrunner than it does to lynch Gkrieg today, becuase he was the one who almost got hammered for scummy play and then didn't because Gkrieg appeared to have saved him.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 11, 2016, 12:34:03 pm »

And if we do lynch Roadrunner and he does turn out to be town, then we have pretty good reason to clear Gkrieg as town also and focus on other people.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.