Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23  All

Author Topic: Mafia 81: Desperation Mafia - Game Over  (Read 54217 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 81: Desperation Mafia - Day2
« Reply #350 on: May 10, 2016, 04:28:02 pm »

Vote: Iguanaiguana

This kid is actually scum. When I'm dead, take him out

I get the OMGUS, but gkrieg is a much better lynch than iguana

That's his scumpartner, he doesn't want to do that.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 10, 2016, 04:36:24 pm »

Seriously though.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 10, 2016, 04:38:32 pm »

Seriously though.

Why though? Maybe you can redeem yourself still if you start making even a little sense.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 10, 2016, 04:40:07 pm »

Vote: Iguanaiguana

This kid is actually scum. When I'm dead, take him out

I get the OMGUS, but gkrieg is a much better lynch than iguana
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 10, 2016, 04:44:25 pm »

I'm really really liking II's read things here.  Big town points for him.

I'm getting all paranoid about my RR read here.  Maybe I just can't read him any more, I dunno.

I'm leaning scummier on gkrieg too.  The more I think about it the more I think the scummy hammer might just be coming from scum. 

Gah.  I don't know any more.  Gonna reread for a bit.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 10, 2016, 04:55:56 pm »

Sorry about the double post there. On my phone and accidentally posted twice
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 10, 2016, 05:00:48 pm »

I'm really really liking II's read things here.  Big town points for him.

I'm getting all paranoid about my RR read here.  Maybe I just can't read him any more, I dunno.

I'm leaning scummier on gkrieg too.  The more I think about it the more I think the scummy hammer might just be coming from scum. 

Gah.  I don't know any more.  Gonna reread for a bit.

"Hey guys, totally think RR might be town and gkrieg scum, really not sure, but I will leave RR sitting there at L-1 in the meantime. You know, if anyone happens to want to lynch him real fast that'd be great"

Vote: haddock

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 10, 2016, 05:08:43 pm »

Ugh, this gives Roadrunner an easy out two days in a row ><

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 10, 2016, 05:17:33 pm »

OK, classic stream-of-consciousness reread coming up.

This
vote: Iguanaiguana
is super lazy, and RR then unvotes and does weird things.  I actually think this is a null/town tell for RR.  It's one of the weird things he does that I thought were missing from his game - there weren't enough of them.

Scummy start from e:
oh hey.  sorry, I started playing dominion and got distracted.  Its been quite the adventure this afternoon
and we have an L-2?  good times.

This is Awa's first vote on RR.  Has he ever changed position on RR?  This worries me.  Scum!Awa would mean RR is probably town here, and town!Awa tunnelling people is pretty often wrong from what I remember.
Hi everyone!

Vote: Roadrunner

Clearly trying to communicate something to his scum partner here.

There's some weird interaction between RR and II here. 
Hi everyone!

Vote: Roadrunner

Clearly trying to communicate something to his scum partner here.

Is this a second RVS vote? Roadrunner starts every game this way.

So you're his scum partner! What was he trying to communicate to you?

He was saying hi. Not just to me though, to everyone.
That and II's first defensive post leave me a bit flummoxed.  I mean, why does II think RR needs defending? 

II's first defensive post looked absolutely fine to me at first.  Somehow now that I have a townread on II I'm seeing his first post as a bit scummier.  I know that makes no sense, but eh.

This:

Sure, that vote was rvs, but the method of unvote and the whole feel of the post leans scum
is a bad vote, and this:
Vote: Haddock
is sheepy.  So e and WW look bad to me there.

Awa chimes in defending me for a while.  He's been defending me all game.  That's nice - I think Awa is actually pretty good at reading me in general.  He could also be scum white knighting, I guess, but I'm not seeing that.

Bllaaahhhh this post still pisses me off.
Must resist urge to slamma jamma hamma time, but showering before posting is scummy scum scum (gotta wash the scum smell off).

This was never true.
RR is freaking out about votes for no reason which is pretty much classic RR.
RR has not freaked out about votes on him like normal this game.  At least not til very recently.

Oh wait, ADK is dead, that's no relevant.  Fail.

This looks like white knighting:
Small games are not good for people who are scared of voting.

Haddock is clearly town.
Wouldn't RR usually give his reasons for finding someone town?  I don't expect it from Awa but I do from RR I think.

Town on Haddock by the way for doing a D1 read post which I know is outside his comfort zone

Well, a made-up reason for a town assignment.
[/quote]
Looks bad.  I think WW would usually agree that giving out townreads a bit easily is good on D1, for PoE.  Guess I'm biased here, though - chairs finding me towny always seemed reasonable to me because I'm town.

Well, I don't agree.

How are you feeling about Haddock right now?

His big post felt townie.

On what merits?

Very early big wagon; I think scum is going to want to play it more low key and hope the spotlight on him moves on.  This was a big post, had some real analysis, felt honest with reads and such, shows evidence of actual deliberation.  Big posts aren't necessarily townie, but if you're scum in that situation, it's harder to write so much, because you're on the verge of being lynched.. you tend to think everything you write is just going to make you look so scummy.  So it's hard to make a genuine-sounding post that has content.

Backed off e and went to RR.. that could go either way I guess.
is like, the first WW post that I agree with.

Not relevant, but even after all this time I'm still mildly annoyed by this post:
Are you thinking of specific scum game(s) from Haddock?

No, but I do remember reading scum games of his where he's made similar big posts defending himself. Maybe his first game?
His first game when he white knighted faust
I did not white knight faust that game.  I was misrepresented on that front from start to finish.

Vote: chairs

I like haddock's defense. I am not entirely convinced he is town, but it is enough to look elsewhere for now.
hedgetyhedge

I could jump on the chairs wagon, but I like the amHaddock wagon more.

Feelin townie on e
Scummy.  ^

Vote: chairs

I like haddock's defense. I am not entirely convinced he is town, but it is enough to look elsewhere for now.

What do you like about the defense?
Ridiculous question ^.

Okay, maybe there wasn't one post.

But ADK doesn't usually play extra aggressive, right? I think that's more suspicious seeing how small this game is.
Vote: ADK
Ppe
Still so bad even after all this.

I'm not seeing anything to make me want to go away from Chairs.
Bad bad bad.

We don't deserve to win this game, do we?
feels like a grab for town points.

I didn't think the case on chairs was particularly good

That is supposed to say the case on rr wasn't good
Man it would be so nice if my gut was right and gkrieg/RR are the scumteam.

This is a good post:
My thoughts for Day 1:

ADK - Very likely town
Awaclus -- Well within his town meta.
Witherweaver - I've read a few of his scum games and a lot of his town games and he seems very town here.

Haddock - Seemed scummy at first, then provided some really useful info. Feeling much less scum on him now.
e - I could go either way. Leaning town though.
Gkrieg - Seemed towny at first, but hammering chairs seems really bad when momentum was shifting to Roadrunner. Gkrieg, what was up with that?

Chairs & Roadrunner seem scummiest. I'm happy we lynched one of them, but obviously would have preferred Roadrunner given that I changed my vote. Good chance Chairs is town considering how the wagons played out and the weird Gkrieg hammer.

I don't have a ton of time to do a re-read here but I will try to do one early D2 and see what I can find.

... and that's D1.  I'll leave it there for now.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 10, 2016, 05:18:32 pm »

Well L-1 on me.  Hooray.

I think after my reread I'd happily switch to gkrieg, but I'd rather have RR at L-1 still, he's a way better lynch than me.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: May 10, 2016, 05:33:24 pm »

Well RR will hammer me when he returns (unless anyone has the sense to unvote before then).

So, I guess:

A) I'll claim.  VT.

B) gkrieg is scummy, so is WW and to some extent e.  Top scum reads here go:
gkrieg>RR, who is a little bit scummier than WW  >  e

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 10, 2016, 05:37:44 pm »

Well RR will hammer me when he returns (unless anyone has the sense to unvote before then).

So, I guess:

A) I'll claim.  VT.

B) gkrieg is scummy, so is WW and to some extent e.  Top scum reads here go:
gkrieg>RR, who is a little bit scummier than WW  >  e

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 11, 2016, 07:09:40 am »

Wow so those posts actually went through?

Huh.  I really thought they'd failed, I was writing the last two just as everything seemed to go down.  We're not tight for time yet, right? 

yuma, If we do get tight for time, would you be willing to consider some extension?  We probably lost a fair amount of momentum in that outage.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 11, 2016, 07:10:40 am »

I should add to my reads:
iguana is null-town,
Awaclus quite firmly town.

And that's everyone?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 11, 2016, 07:19:41 am »

Haddock is town people, stop voting him. This is the chairs situation all over again.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 11, 2016, 10:05:43 am »

Unvote

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 11, 2016, 10:10:08 am »

I just noticed, we were all supposed to be doctors.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 11, 2016, 10:11:36 am »

Unvote
Thanks. :) <wipes sweat off of brow>

As promised I'll move my vote to gkrieg.

vote: gkrieg

In related news, is the forum still being a bit slow for everyone else, or just me?

PPE. And it says in my personal text "Not Doc"! :O Disaster.  Tempting to change that just for this game...

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 81: Desperation Mafia - Day1
« Reply #368 on: May 11, 2016, 10:15:56 am »

oh no i'm scared  8)

Fun fact: when people do rereads, they don't point out their own scummy stuff.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 11, 2016, 10:16:17 am »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 11, 2016, 10:16:30 am »

oh hey.  sorry, I started playing dominion and got distracted.  Its been quite the adventure this afternoon

Nice pun; like.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 11, 2016, 10:19:09 am »

Alright, time to get serious.

First of all, I have precedent for being goofy at the beginning of the game as town and getting lynched for it. See Harry Potter Mafia II. I'm not dead yet though, which means people (including me) are being a bit more reasonable this time; that's a good thing.

My goal in everything I said was to give us all something to go on so that we wouldn't be stuck in RVS too long - which can be a problem in small, normal games, particularly right now when F.DS mafia isn't exactly a hot item.

That being said, I don't particularly suspect ADK for pursuing my lynch. He's going off the best information he has right now, which is a small collection of posts by me that I guess look scummy in an obvious way.

My question to ADK is: What exactly is the scum narrative for me behaving like this at the beginning of the game?

Scum narrative is simple: you have to react to people voting to you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 11, 2016, 10:20:55 am »

Memeing is a scum tell.

Vote: Haddock

OK, serious face now.   I don't think the case against II is a good one so far.  He has been lynched early and stupidly too often recently, he's right.  I'm withholding judgement at this point. 
So I guess I'd better unvote since there are proper votes on him now. 

I have no other reads so far.

Dislike.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 11, 2016, 10:21:17 am »

Sure, that vote was rvs, but the method of unvote and the whole feel of the post leans scum

This is correct. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 11, 2016, 10:27:42 am »

RR is freaking out about votes for no reason which is pretty much classic RR. I don't like haddock voting for him, meta wise that's like the safest vote ever.

This is a good point.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23  All

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 20 queries.