Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 78  All

Author Topic: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (Game Over! Mafia win!)  (Read 191216 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D2)
« Reply #1125 on: July 27, 2016, 01:35:28 pm »

mhpf. What is the case on Cron?

There appears to be some groupthink going on. J Reggie's whole neighborhood is on the Cron wagon.
This is a bad misrepresentation. I gave a good case on Cron which most people totally ignored. #NotBitter

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 27, 2016, 01:36:28 pm »

There appears to be some groupthink going on. J Reggie's whole neighborhood is on the Cron wagon.
This is a bad misrepresentation. I gave a good case on Cron which most people totally ignored. #NotBitter

can you link to it?

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 27, 2016, 01:42:18 pm »

It honestly kinda seems like J Reggie's "neighborhood" is just "The Mafia."

That would be so stupid, but they are just playing like it is true.

I thought about that, but Jan already flipped, Teamlyle is super unlikely to be scum, and that'd mean there's 4 scum in a 13 player game which doesn't seem great balance wise.

I don't like a Cron lynch at all, I believe the Tracker claim.

I think people are probably putting too much stock into flavor, as it seems pretty irrelevant.  That might just be me slightly grousing because I think Haddock and JReggie are scum together, and hard defending each other.

I'm not sure who I want to lynch if it's not either of those, though.  I have a town read of some variation on literally everyone else.

Unvote

Vote: Fontisian?

I thought she was town for the conviction behind her RR push on day one, and the deliberate unhelpfulness which just draws attention as scum, but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 27, 2016, 01:50:56 pm »

I have to reread D1 to regain focus.

Jan focused on silver and me early on. Telling? I don't know. There might be ever so little indication that silver is scum, because I'm town, but really probably not.

Does it say that you like to kill people to learn how they "tick" and get their power?
Or does it say that you are from an island called haiti?
Do you own a pair of horn rimmed glasses?
I have learned enough flavor now to know that the first refers to Sylar, the second to the Haitian, and the third to Noah Bennet. Why does Jan refer to two scum-telly people and one that is apparently a real town-tell?

Cellovix is the first to put pressure onto Jan. Actually mild scumpoints for that, scum is more likely to register inactivity in their partner. Haddock takes a sort of hedgy position on Jan. Also doesn't look too good.

Then we have a big Jan post. Let's see what's in there:
- fighting with Cellovix. It feels a bit fake. I'm keeping my eye on you.
- implies that Seprix is scummy.
- nullish on fontisian
- slightly scummy on Cron
- townread on Haddock
Jan wouldn't give his partner as the only townread I don't think. So town points for Haddock. I'm decently certain that there is scum among the other players he mentioned.

Funny:
I was hoping to get a better reaction to analyze.

And I was hoping to get an invite to a neighborhood.

Okay, now we get into RR claim territory. Trigger warning for craziness.

Cron responds to RR having found a redirective role by not wanting him to talk about it and saying it's not alignment indicative. Scummy. His subsequent posts are also scummy.
Seprix asks him to stop talking as well. Slightly scummy. Then he admits that redirective roles are usually scum. Towny. I'm so conflicted.
J Reggie proposes that RR should claim. Towny, considering it will likely result in outing a scum role.
Haddock agrees.

Then the full claim comes. Seprix immediately votes Jan. That might be towny, but he also makes that weird "RR is IC" statement. Which would only be true after Jan's flip. Which Seprix already knows will turn out in RR's favor. So scummy again.
chairs just jumps on "sure why not". Town points.
Haddock says it's a choice between RR and Jan now, and votes Jan. Also inclined to say that's towny.
J Reggie has this post:
I just realized something else. RR has claimed rolecop. We've been theorising that scum has the power to steal people's powers when they kill. WE DON'T WANT SCUM TO HAVE THIS POWERFUL OF A ROLECOP POWER. Therefore, I propose that we lynch RR now. If he flips town rolecop, we lynch Jan tomorrow. If he flips scum or not a rolecop, we leave Jan alone. This way, we get the info we need without giving scum the rolecop power.

vote: RR. What do people think?
Man. I have to believe that he wouldn't make such a weakly reasoned post in favor of lynching RR first as Jan's partner.

teamlyle agrees, which actually is much much more scummy.
fontisian does weird stuff which is just weird.
Now J Reggie comes out with an "RR and Jan are both town" angle. Man, I had such a nice town read on you.
iguana refuses to comment. Scummy. Even careless bullshit iguana would do something, I think.
teamlyle jumps the Jan wagon at some point. It seems rather inevitable there already. This is null.
Same for iguana.
Cellovix goes out of his way to show us how he was voting Jan before it was cool. That seems scummy as well.

There is no mention in this post of silverspawn because he already had his reread.

Vote: Cellovix
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 27, 2016, 02:08:52 pm »

That's kind of a misrepresentation of what I was doing D1, Faust.

I'd singled out Chairs, Haddock, and Jan as being three lurkers.  I voted Chairs. He came in with the "Oops, I totaled my Car" thing.  So I went and looked at the other two, Haddock mostly just hadn't been here at that point, where Jan was actively lurking. Popping in with flavor remarks but making minimal effort to play the game.  So I pressured him to do so, and he blatantly overreacted with OMGUS on me.

Could you give some clarity on your Fontisian read?
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 27, 2016, 02:10:50 pm »

Could you give some clarity on your Fontisian read?

I wish I had some.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 27, 2016, 02:18:19 pm »

I mean, I laughed.

But could you attempt to generate some?  Possibly interact with her in some form?

It's not just a random request, I promise.

I don't think the two of you can be scum together with the way the Hatian thing went down today, but if Haddock and JReggie are both town, the two of you are my lightest town reads and I'd like you to poke each other.

Trying to get Fontisian to do anything in particular has just gotten me ignored, so I figured I'd try with you.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 27, 2016, 03:57:14 pm »

can you link to it?

So, stuff about Cron.
After a fairly typical opening post, his first thing is a reaction to the lyle thing. I've already said I think there was overreaction here, to the point of distraction. Crons response is particularly bizarre.  First he tries to play down the towniness of lyle's post, and then in his very next post he gives lyle a D1 pass. Sure, lyle is new, free d1 passes are fine. But it's just a super strange reason that Cron gives,  after at first trying to throw shade? Nyeh. I don't like it.

Then nothing for a while. Then this:
I like silverspawn. I understand, from his experience, why he thinks my derp clear read is bad. I can understand his logical flow on why he thinks my mafia, just wrong conclusion.

vote: Faust

I think he's posting for appearances. The whole pressure new players and going against the grain on the derp clear, feels for show and not genuine. I don't see any real game solving, just open questions and posts. I read his posts as trying to seem town and not trying to solve
It turns out that my points about Cron that I actually made  yesterday consisted of mentioning this post and saying I had a general bad vibe. Well this is still a really bad post.

The first half is classic "look how reasonable I'm being I totally see why you might think I'm scum" and the second half is tearing into faust for no good reason at all. Faust's analysis and contributions til this point had been solid stuff as usual and this whole thing rings false from Cron.

A bit of fluff then, pushing other people for content, sure no problem.  He townreads fonti, fine whatever, and then gives Jan a minor scumread which he immediately revokes when Jan responds. It's classic partner interaction:
Also jan talking about the game flavor early and bolting is how I remember him playing in WWF flavor game a while back. I'm watching you, jan.  >:(
*Jan response*
I know nothing of Heroes except new Spock and Jess from gilmore girls are in it.  And I do remember you gave out true flavor clues as mafia. And you liking both subjects makes sense. Aight. Back to null.

And i can make weird ass plays as town.

Then he votes me for lurking. Sure. I guess that's fine. It's a weird feeling for me when im being super lurky like this. Being in another country is a decent excuse I hope.  And on D1 pushing for lurker lynches is probably fine.
He also starts pushing against the Jan lynch at the point. Just subtly and (significantly) not for content-related reasons.  Great way to look less bad later on.

His Seprix vote is absolutely awful, giving no reasons for a vote on a towny player.

For a while then he's mostly just pushing against discussion of roles. OK I give him town points for this, he does seem fairly genuinely frustrated.

He then lurks for literally the entire rest of the day while the Jan wagon goes down. I mean seriously. No posts at all for fricking ages.  Where he gets off accusing me of lurking I don't know.

Nothing much to say about D2. His first post is decent except he keeps pushing Seprix on the back of nothing.
And his push on me feels like an opportunistic attack on an absent player.  But it's bound to feel that way to me.

From his D1 play plus off-wagonness,  I like my vote where it is.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 27, 2016, 04:02:01 pm »

mh.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1134 on: July 27, 2016, 08:27:22 pm »

So in response to Faust about why I targeted who I targeted: I targeted teamlyle because he's new and might slip up as scum. I targeted haddock because I found him towny and didn't think he would die.

I asked Jan if he knew my flavor because that would out him and teamlyle as scum, and it's fishy that the horn rimmed glasses thing referred to me, but I think teamlyle is town so whatevs.

To Faust: I tried to start off D1 with a joking attitude and keep a high profile. I then was more carefree with my cases and reads, such as the one on ii that everyone hated. I was trying to be scummy enough that I wouldn't get NK'd before I used my second power but towny enough so I wouldn't get lynched. I obviously failed on the second part.

So that's where my thoughts are at. I actually think a fontisian wagon is a great idea here. In case I'm not already voting her, vote: fontisian

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 27, 2016, 11:01:59 pm »

Ok, now I dislike three wagons. That's the wrong direction. I suggest we go back to voting for Haddock, as his JReggie clear (the only reason I ever thought he was town his game) came under duress and the outburst that got Cron to unvote him wasn't remotely towny.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 27, 2016, 11:10:21 pm »

For the record, there's a non zero chance faust is town reading me /because/ he thinks I'm mafia sided.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 28, 2016, 02:34:20 am »

For the record, there's a non zero chance faust is town reading me /because/ he thinks I'm mafia sided.

Can you elaborate on this?  I can't quite wrap my head around what you mean.  Do you think he's town reading you because you're wrong and are beneficial for his scum team to keep alive?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 28, 2016, 05:47:27 am »

I'm townreading you?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 28, 2016, 07:39:55 am »

Ok, now I dislike three wagons. That's the wrong direction. I suggest we go back to voting for Haddock, as his JReggie clear (the only reason I ever thought he was town his game) came under duress and the outburst that got Cron to unvote him wasn't remotely towny.
I don't regret my outburst. Say what you will about it.

But really?  You're telling me my reggie clear came under duress? What the hell does that even mean? I cleared him as well as I could as soon as a decent wagon formed on him. It's hardly my fault that silver and faust decided that my info wasn't enough to count as a clear.

I'm not liking Cellovix at all here. He's been on my radar for a while but it's hard to tell how much of my scumread on him is omgus. Now he claims to think reggie and I might be scum together?  How does teamlyle factor into that magical plan?

Yeah right now I think Cellovix and Cron would still be my first choice lynches.  Fonti is being considered by people. And. Well. Maybe. I'd need to reread her, not having managed to get much off her so far this game.  But she's not towny like some people are.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: July 28, 2016, 07:40:21 am »

That was supposed to be "I DO regret my outburst"

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 28, 2016, 07:41:03 am »

Yeah I'm gonna want an explanation of this too. Doesn't really make sense. At all.

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 28, 2016, 09:17:32 am »

I don't wanna lynch haddock or j reggie today. There has been minimum movement which leads me to believe mafia just waiting this out and hoping for one of us three be the lynch.

Give fonti one more day. I don't think jan and her are partners, she would've had way more fun and been more active if that was the case.

given Jan's role, is it possible mafia have a non-targeting ability?  Wouldn't my ability know if chairs made a night kill?  I think this makes chairs most likely town, don't want him today

I think seprix or cellovix or SS should be considered today. Liked iguana when he spoke today, Teamlyle and Faust are town leans.

Would love to know why seprix still thinks I'm mafia.
The password is... Soulblighter

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 28, 2016, 09:36:36 am »

faust > Cello = Cron right now

vote: Cello

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 28, 2016, 01:27:25 pm »

vote: seprix

So many lurkers. Yawn

Convince me you care, seprix.
The password is... Soulblighter

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 28, 2016, 01:32:46 pm »

We need a lynch.

Please vote one of those three.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 28, 2016, 02:05:57 pm »

Vote Count 2.9

Cron (3): Haddock, teamlyle, Seprix
Haddock (1): fontisian
J Reggie (1): iguanaiguana
iguanaiguana (1): chairs
Cellovix (2): faust, silverspawn
fontisian (2): Cellovix, J Reggie
Seprix (1): Cron

Not Voting (0):

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.  Day 2 ends Thursday July 28, 9PM.  That is in 7 hours

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 28, 2016, 02:15:24 pm »

I didn't realize deadline was quite so soon.

I do not want to lynch Cron.  I believe the tracker claim.

I'm willing to vote Haddock, Fontisian, or Faust.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 28, 2016, 02:16:23 pm »

If your preference is Faust, why would you follow him onto a lynch when he's literally only other person making that vote?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 28, 2016, 02:42:13 pm »

If your preference is Faust, why would you follow him onto a lynch when he's literally only other person making that vote?

because no-one was voting faust.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 78  All

Page created in 2.317 seconds with 21 queries.