Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 78  All

Author Topic: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (Game Over! Mafia win!)  (Read 191281 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D2)
« Reply #1000 on: July 24, 2016, 05:09:28 pm »

he was *** scummy though.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 24, 2016, 05:35:18 pm »

oh. unvote vote: faust then.

Still? What do you make of my claim, and fontisian's reaction to it, then?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 24, 2016, 05:44:37 pm »

Feels like scum has to be softing some fake stuff considering how many people have dispelled a wagon by softing something at this point.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 24, 2016, 05:44:48 pm »

but yeah Unvote
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 24, 2016, 05:45:06 pm »

oh. uhm. I think your logic is sound (about scum not pushing you) if you're town. But I didn't see a reason why it makes you town. Vanilla-iz-ing-thing powers aren't disproportionally scum powers I don't think. You could be scum having been vanillaizized

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: July 24, 2016, 05:45:47 pm »

but yeah Unvote

it's one thing if someone softclaims stuff. but softclaiming about someone else sort of ties you together. THat's craziness after one scum got lynched already.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 24, 2016, 05:48:43 pm »

oh. uhm. I think your logic is sound (about scum not pushing you) if you're town. But I didn't see a reason why it makes you town. Vanilla-iz-ing-thing powers aren't disproportionally scum powers I don't think. You could be scum having been vanillaizized

True, but in that case I would be the worst scum to lynch. Also, well I didn't think that there was a Heroes character that fit with a Vanillaising power. I don't quite know what to make of fonti's remark then, but that is also something to consider for sure.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 24, 2016, 05:59:39 pm »

Who do you want to lynch now?

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1008 on: July 24, 2016, 06:15:59 pm »

It's ok now, I'm here.

So there's a big wagon on me.  I don't really have a good defense, as I have been playing kind of scummy so as to not get NK'd.  But my vote on Faust was real, even though people didn't seem to like it.  I still think he's probably our best bet.  But I'm also scared of Cron and Cellovix because they're new and good.  Cron I think is the scummier of the two and a wagon on him could do us some good.  I don't want to lynch Haddock now.  I think he's town because of the way he defended me and other reasons. 

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 24, 2016, 06:20:19 pm »

It's ok now, I'm here.

So there's a big wagon on me.  I don't really have a good defense, as I have been playing kind of scummy so as to not get NK'd.  But my vote on Faust was real, even though people didn't seem to like it.  I still think he's probably our best bet.  But I'm also scared of Cron and Cellovix because they're new and good.  Cron I think is the scummier of the two and a wagon on him could do us some good.  I don't want to lynch Haddock now.  I think he's town because of the way he defended me and other reasons.

Now, I want to lynch J Reggie.

Vote: J Reggie

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 24, 2016, 06:22:43 pm »

Well there is Haddock's thing. But really this is just amazingly scummy.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1011 on: July 24, 2016, 06:25:06 pm »

It's ok now, I'm here.

Now, I want to lynch J Reggie.

Vote: J Reggie

Why?  I don't want to get NK'd and not be able to use my power.  I know that's kind of a bad reason, but that's why.  I can try and play townier from now on, since me saying this is basically negating my chances to not get NK'd.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 24, 2016, 06:28:13 pm »

Why?  I don't want to get NK'd and not be able to use my power.  I know that's kind of a bad reason, but that's why.  I can try and play townier from now on, since me saying this is basically negating my chances to not get NK'd.

Not getting lynched is way way way waaaaay more important than not getting nightkilled, and this is a super convenient way to dismiss all reads on you.

Walk me through each scummy post you made, and what your thinking was while posting, please.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 24, 2016, 06:49:02 pm »

Vote Count 2.4

Cron (2): Haddock, J Reggie
Haddock (1): Cellovix
J Reggie (3): Cron, fontisian, faust
faust (1): silverspawn
iguanaiguana (1): chairs

Not Voting (3): teamlyle, Seprix, iguanaiguana

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.  Day 2 ends Thursday July 28, 9PM
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 07:32:12 pm by gkrieg13 »

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 24, 2016, 06:58:07 pm »

I don't really know what to make of my strongest scum read protecting my second strongest scum read.  If they're both off the table, I don't have anyone I really want to lynch.  Maybe Faust or Fontisian, but they aren't actually scum reads, just not as strongly town as some others.

I think my inclination is to distrust it, because it's too similar to the Seprix/Teamlyle thing where Seprix softed that Lyle is town.  I could see it being a desperation play where Haddock/JReggie are scum, and they feel the need to swing for the fences, maybe.

If Haddock is town, JReggie is probably always town here unless Haddock is misinterpreting his information, which seems unlikely.

If Haddock is scum, JReggie is almost certainly scum, because it'd mean Haddock was trying to save one of his easiest mislynches.

The scenarios where they are opposite alignments seem pretty unlikely at first glance, regardless of which direction it is in.  Can someone logic check me there?
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 24, 2016, 07:03:06 pm »

It's ok now, I'm here.

The last bit here feels really tacked on. If those "other reasons" are in the thread/behavioral, can you cite them?
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 24, 2016, 07:07:05 pm »

Vote Count 2.4

Cron (1): Haddock
Haddock (1): Cellovix
Cron (1): J Reggie
J Reggie (3): Cron, fontisian, faust
faust (1): silverspawn
iguanaiguana (1): chairs

Not Voting (3): teamlyle, Seprix, iguanaiguana

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.  Day 2 ends Thursday July 28, 9PM

You have two separate Cron wagons.  Not sure if you missed an unvote, or if that should be a two person wagon).

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 24, 2016, 07:25:11 pm »

Lol haddock. Either you're mafia or your logic makes zero sense

You say you hate the Faust wagon earlier today. The people on that wagon are j reggie (you're protecting him), seprix (your town read), fonti (a null read to you), and iguana.  So what specifically makes the Faust wagon scummy at the time? 
The password is... Soulblighter

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 24, 2016, 07:42:54 pm »

vote: J Reggie
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 24, 2016, 08:35:35 pm »

It's ok now, I'm here.

The last bit here feels really tacked on. If those "other reasons" are in the thread/behavioral, can you cite them?

Not sure if this is relevant but I'm gonna back up J Reggie here. I know about the "other reasons" and they're pretty good reasons, but since they're not saying them, I guess they know something I don't, so I won't say it either.
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: July 24, 2016, 11:42:19 pm »

unvote and Vote: Haddock

Your accusation on Faust's wagon being scummy makes zero sense. Neither of your top scums were on it AND you believe j reggie and seprix are town AND admitted that you're null on Fonti. That's 3/4 on the wagon.

And I don't believe your soft on j reggie. If you're both town, why aren't mafia pushing me? 
The password is... Soulblighter

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 24, 2016, 11:58:19 pm »

Vote: Haddock

Double shrug.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 25, 2016, 12:23:04 am »

Are my posts invisible or something?  Should I get an avatar that stands out more?

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 25, 2016, 12:41:26 am »

Fontisian, I've tried to engage you multiple times this game and you haven't responded. Is this intentional, or are you just not reading the game super closely?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 25, 2016, 02:10:34 am »

unvote and Vote: Haddock

Your accusation on Faust's wagon being scummy makes zero sense. Neither of your top scums were on it AND you believe j reggie and seprix are town AND admitted that you're null on Fonti. That's 3/4 on the wagon.

And I don't believe your soft on j reggie. If you're both town, why aren't mafia pushing me?
I never said Faust's wagon was scummy. I said I didn't like it. As in I don't agree with it. I think faust is town. Read again if you like. It's pretty clear that I'm not saying it's a scummy wagon. Seriously your read on me is feeling so forced right now.

As for the last part, pay attention. You've now got me and lyle and reggie all agreeing on my soft. What, we're all scum? Check yourself. And I don't understand your final sentence.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 78  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 20 queries.