Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 78  All

Author Topic: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (Game Over! Mafia win!)  (Read 191240 times)

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D2)
« Reply #900 on: July 19, 2016, 01:02:05 pm »

Or maybe Seprix and teamlyle are both scum.

We should also remember that there might be an SK or some kind of third party in this game.

Man, I had a town read on you. Why would you say such a thing?

I guess that was a scummy post. But I'm not scum. But we should be aware that there might be an SK because of flavor.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 19, 2016, 01:24:07 pm »

As far as I see it, asking about the SK is such a classic scum tell that scum is afraid of it and hence really a town tell.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 19, 2016, 01:33:36 pm »

As far as I see it, asking about the SK is such a classic scum tell that scum is afraid of it and hence really a town tell.

I don't know; J Reggie is new. Does he know about this?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 19, 2016, 01:41:38 pm »

Mic Qsenoch's voice: "I dunno, that seems pretty meta to me..."
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 19, 2016, 01:52:11 pm »

mh. maybe not.

but I don't even think it's a good tell in the first place. Town worries about the SK, too.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 19, 2016, 01:53:17 pm »

mh. maybe not.

but I don't even think it's a good tell in the first place. Town worries about the SK, too.

Not if there is no indication that a SK exists in the game.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 19, 2016, 02:13:03 pm »

mh. J Reggie, what made you think of a SK?

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #907 on: July 19, 2016, 02:17:43 pm »

mh. J Reggie, what made you think of a SK?

Faust speculating that we only have 2 scum left.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 19, 2016, 03:03:58 pm »

vote: j reggie

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 19, 2016, 05:08:42 pm »

Chairs, Iguana, Haddock, maybe one of Faust/Silver?  I don't think both of Faust and Silver are ever wolves here.

Vote: Haddock

I'm a town. No one should be speculating my name in relation to scum here. I'm just not trying.

Vote: Haddock

Wagons!
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 19, 2016, 05:16:39 pm »

vote: iguana

APPEAL TO "I'M TOWN".

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 19, 2016, 05:31:06 pm »

vote: iguana is something I can get behind.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 19, 2016, 05:52:33 pm »

I guess he's a liability at best. Still want to look more into last Day's interactions with Jan.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #913 on: July 19, 2016, 06:50:43 pm »

Scum are going to want to keep ii around either way.  I think the ii wagon is a towny one. 

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #914 on: July 19, 2016, 07:19:04 pm »

Really?  I know about the "scum wanting to SK hunt" thing.  I'd probably be less likely to say that as scum.  Me saying that should give you a town read on me. 

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #915 on: July 19, 2016, 08:00:45 pm »

Man, it's too quiet for there to even be crickets here.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 19, 2016, 08:28:12 pm »

In-laws swung by for an unexpected visit.  Not sure how much I'll be around next 2-3 days, but they won't be staying long, thankfully. Or I'd end up being institutionalized.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 19, 2016, 08:52:28 pm »

Really?  I know about the "scum wanting to SK hunt" thing.  I'd probably be less likely to say that as scum.  Me saying that should give you a town read on me.

Saying this makes me question you. Gross.
The password is... Soulblighter

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 20, 2016, 02:25:20 am »

I swear to God I meant to contribute something last night. My hotel wifi died. Ffs.
Having breakfast now, will put something decent down this lunchtime I promise, will be the first properly free time I've had this week.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 20, 2016, 07:57:04 am »

So, stuff about Cron.
After a fairly typical opening post, his first thing is a reaction to the lyle thing. I've already said I think there was overreaction here, to the point of distraction. Crons response is particularly bizarre.  First he tries to play down the towniness of lyle's post, and then in his very next post he gives lyle a D1 pass. Sure, lyle is new, free d1 passes are fine. But it's just a super strange reason that Cron gives,  after at first trying to throw shade? Nyeh. I don't like it.

Then nothing for a while. Then this:
I like silverspawn. I understand, from his experience, why he thinks my derp clear read is bad. I can understand his logical flow on why he thinks my mafia, just wrong conclusion.

vote: Faust

I think he's posting for appearances. The whole pressure new players and going against the grain on the derp clear, feels for show and not genuine. I don't see any real game solving, just open questions and posts. I read his posts as trying to seem town and not trying to solve
It turns out that my points about Cron that I actually made  yesterday consisted of mentioning this post and saying I had a general bad vibe. Well this is still a really bad post.

The first half is classic "look how reasonable I'm being I totally see why you might think I'm scum" and the second half is tearing into faust for no good reason at all. Faust's analysis and contributions til this point had been solid stuff as usual and this whole thing rings false from Cron.

A bit of fluff then, pushing other people for content, sure no problem.  He townreads fonti, fine whatever, and then gives Jan a minor scumread which he immediately revokes when Jan responds. It's classic partner interaction:
Also jan talking about the game flavor early and bolting is how I remember him playing in WWF flavor game a while back. I'm watching you, jan.  >:(
*Jan response*
I know nothing of Heroes except new Spock and Jess from gilmore girls are in it.  And I do remember you gave out true flavor clues as mafia. And you liking both subjects makes sense. Aight. Back to null.

And i can make weird ass plays as town.

Then he votes me for lurking. Sure. I guess that's fine. It's a weird feeling for me when im being super lurky like this. Being in another country is a decent excuse I hope.  And on D1 pushing for lurker lynches is probably fine.
He also starts pushing against the Jan lynch at the point. Just subtly and (significantly) not for content-related reasons.  Great way to look less bad later on.

His Seprix vote is absolutely awful, giving no reasons for a vote on a towny player.

For a while then he's mostly just pushing against discussion of roles. OK I give him town points for this, he does seem fairly genuinely frustrated.

He then lurks for literally the entire rest of the day while the Jan wagon goes down. I mean seriously. No posts at all for fricking ages.  Where he gets off accusing me of lurking I don't know.

Nothing much to say about D2. His first post is decent except he keeps pushing Seprix on the back of nothing.
And his push on me feels like an opportunistic attack on an absent player.  But it's bound to feel that way to me.

From his D1 play plus off-wagonness,  I like my vote where it is.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 20, 2016, 09:06:55 am »

vote: iguana

APPEAL TO "I'M TOWN".

I'm a town.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 20, 2016, 09:09:43 am »

I guess he's a liability at best. Still want to look more into last Day's interactions with Jan.

Here's the thing. I know I can solve when I want to. So if I make it to Lylo, I may or may not do that. Until then, I want to stay alive.

I pushed Jan hard yesterday with meaningless yelling and thirsted for his hammer, and egged Roadrunner on to hammer him hard when I got impatient for it. I do not do such ridiculous blind pushing when I am scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 20, 2016, 09:18:56 am »

Here's the thing. I know I can solve when I want to. So if I make it to Lylo, I may or may not do that. Until then, I want to stay alive.

I pushed Jan hard yesterday with meaningless yelling and thirsted for his hammer, and egged Roadrunner on to hammer him hard when I got impatient for it. I do not do such ridiculous blind pushing when I am scum.

Vote: iguana until you get your priorities straight.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 20, 2016, 09:38:18 am »

Well, when I'm dead in these games, I don't have the play them anymore. There is an appeal to that!

Vote: Iguana until he gets his priorities straight.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 20, 2016, 09:58:43 am »

I strongly oppose lynching iguana. He's having fun, trying to game solve and not bothering to look towny.

Vote: Faust

Ironically, it was a mixture of Seprix and faust that convinced me. I think the way faust assessed silver seemed more like scum disappointed in not finding anything scummy as opposed to town genuinely trying to figure put the game. I suspect faust took advantage of my Seprix  tunnel yesterday to push off of Jan. While I did it as part of a longterm strategy, I doubt faust was even aware if that strategy or doing anything remotely similar.

I'm also inclined to take Seprix as town today. I doubt scum would soft like that in his position. Silver's posts feel town in a way that they haven't in previous games of his. And Lyle's town pass has not and will not run out.

So, yeah, faust.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 78  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.