Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 78  All

Author Topic: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (Game Over! Mafia win!)  (Read 191242 times)

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D2)
« Reply #875 on: July 18, 2016, 10:04:41 pm »

I think I'll vote for Jan. He didn't even have many votes before today but when he gets a few, he makes a big stink, and I'm guessing all those swear words were to stir up emotion and say "leave me alone."

I hope I'm not too biased as I am very against swear words.

vote: Jan

I don't think this is how a newb scum busses their buddy though, based on his previous post. I'd expect it to be something like, "Well it seems RR knows his role and that is probably a scum role so I guess we have to lynch him," or something along those lines.  This is a kind of independent thought where he gauged Jans emotional reaction and thought it was forced.

On the balance I think he's solidly town.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 18, 2016, 10:44:19 pm »

Cello, some explanation on Haddock?

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 18, 2016, 11:01:41 pm »

Cello, some explanation on Haddock?

Clarify?
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 18, 2016, 11:24:32 pm »

Seprix is tentatively town.

I don't really understand some of his play, but being a counterwagon to Jan + voting for him early on and not really wavering on it looks pretty good for him.
Question: If all the people voting Seprix were town, then why does him being an opposing wagon to Jan make him town?

The assumption seems to be that Seprix was town because scum were voting for him because Seprix was town. Circular logic.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 18, 2016, 11:31:36 pm »

Vote Count 1.6

Roadrunner7671(1): chairs
fontisian(1): silverspawn
Jan(4): Cellovix, Seprix, Haddock, teamlyle
Cellovix(1): Jan
Seprix(4): fontisian, Cron, faust, J Reggie

Not Voting(2): Roadrunner7671, iguanaiguana

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.  D1 ends July 17, 12PM forum time

I don't think I'm willing to say all the people voting Seprix are 100% town, though.

If that's the case then, yes, of course he could be scum, but Seprix did vote Jan early on.

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 18, 2016, 11:59:36 pm »

Vote Count 1.6

Roadrunner7671(1): chairs
fontisian(1): silverspawn
Jan(4): Cellovix, Seprix, Haddock, teamlyle
Cellovix(1): Jan
Seprix(4): fontisian, Cron, faust, J Reggie

Not Voting(2): Roadrunner7671, iguanaiguana

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.  D1 ends July 17, 12PM forum time

I don't think I'm willing to say all the people voting Seprix are 100% town, though.

If that's the case then, yes, of course he could be scum, but Seprix did vote Jan early on.

I'm willing to bet mafia is already on jan at this point. Maybe two. Definitely 1.
Teamlyle''s pass has run out and should not be given lock clear town reads. I think jan told his partners they should probably bus, teamlyle's vote is hesitant and in a way a bus vote would be placed. Plus initial reaction is bad.

We should look heavily at teamlyle and haddock today.
The password is... Soulblighter

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 19, 2016, 12:02:25 am »

Based on jan interaction with me about my fonti read, I highly believe fonti is town btw.

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 19, 2016, 12:10:34 am »

j reggie initial reaction calling jan and rr both town is fairly townie IMO. Why would he as mafia take such a hard stance. Jan was dying as soon as rr came out, pretty obvious. I think it would be dumb for a partner to try and convince town otherwise.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 19, 2016, 12:15:43 am »

I asked earlier in the game, Cron, scum don't have daychat.

Does that change your interpretation any?  I kind of think Lyle's progression from, "How do you know that???" to "Jan's over emotional response seems forced" is pretty good, considering the context of newb scum.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 19, 2016, 12:18:01 am »

Chairs, Iguana, Haddock, maybe one of Faust/Silver?  I don't think both of Faust and Silver are ever wolves here.

Vote: Haddock

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: July 19, 2016, 12:18:56 am »

I asked earlier in the game, Cron, scum don't have daychat.

Does that change your interpretation any?  I kind of think Lyle's progression from, "How do you know that???" to "Jan's over emotional response seems forced" is pretty good, considering the context of newb scum.

Oh yea. It changes my read on teamlyle considering he didn't jan tell him to vote for jan. Probably overthinking that. Still believe there's a mafia on jan though.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 19, 2016, 12:21:22 am »

@Fontisian

Can you explain your thoughts on more players?  You've effectively just been tunneling 2 people all game with very little content regarding others, and I have no idea how to read you, based on it.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 19, 2016, 02:22:34 am »

Lol haddock comes on 20 minutes after I call him out. Cmon.... The dude is howling. His push on me is trash, looking for a lynch not hunting scum. Didn't do anything day 1 afterwards. His push today is pure OMGUS. "Oh I would vote chairs but I'm gonna vote Cron"

Come at me haddock. Not this weak crap. If you think I'm mafia, bury me.
What so my timing happens to sync up with yours and that makes me more likely scum? Give me a break.  Don't give me this crap about me contributing nothing yesterday either. I was vla early, sure, (vla twice now, I shouldn't have signed up for this) but I gave plenty towards the Jan lynch and was generally active in the mid to late day.

Pretty sure I remember giving reasons for voting you, too, but any case I'll collate my thoughts when I get a chance.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 19, 2016, 07:30:35 am »

Haddock is the player who was super shy about bussing me in Fruit Ninja, even though I urged him to it.

Maybe in other communities, you immediately look on mafia wagons to find scum. If that is so, then mafia busses way more than they should. Here, afaik, we give town cred for being on mafia wagon, unless there are particular reasons to think otherwise.

The fact that Haddock is somehow our priority lynch right now is super suspicious.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 19, 2016, 07:54:13 am »

Unofficial Vote Count:

Cron (1): Haddock
Haddock (2): Cron, Cellovix
silverspawn (2): faust, J Reggie
Seprix (1): iguanaiguana
faust (2): Seprix, silverspawn

Not Voting (3): teamlyle, chairs, fontisian

eh, then again, his wagon is actually smaller than I thought.

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 19, 2016, 08:56:54 am »

First off, what has haddock done that makes you think he's town?  Second, we don't know anything about seprix, you're assuming he's town and that was a counter wagon for mafia to even vote.

Am I wrong?  Wtf is going on?  Everyone just assumes because we lynched mafia that the other wagon has to have mafia?  I read fonti town, Faust town, chairs has been townie today, j reggie MAYBE if seprix is town. Iguana I'm completely null on.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 19, 2016, 09:14:30 am »

he's lynched scum.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 19, 2016, 10:17:43 am »

I can tell you for certain that Teamyle is town.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 19, 2016, 10:37:46 am »

I can tell you for certain that Teamyle is town.

Yes, we get it, you're softing.

Is this normal in these setups?  Openly softing and claiming roles? 

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 19, 2016, 10:47:21 am »

not particularly normal, no.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #895 on: July 19, 2016, 10:48:38 am »

Or maybe Seprix and teamlyle are both scum.

We should also remember that there might be an SK or some kind of third party in this game.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 19, 2016, 11:35:11 am »

I shall look at silverspawn, see how scummy he actually is.

First post is in his favor, I think:
Oh my god I actually drew town this game. I'm so happy.
So at the time, he was scum in the other game. This post would give that away a bit, at least I thought it did when he posted it. So that means it's probably not a calculated post, and thus more likely to come from town.

He starts townreading Seprix pretty early, and with somewhat weak reasoning. There is some banter, and then this:
^that seems incredibly fabricated
(referring to a post by J Reggie) I still think town would be more likely to vote, and this more feels like testing the waters first. His explanation:

ah, well. it was not a conscious decision. In reality, people do this all the time, if I'm not misinformed (independent of mafia), they just are almost never aware of it. so when I looked back on the situation, I realized that it was what I did, in that moment, without thinking for more than a few seconds, I thought something like, haha, I will be the quiet mastermind who doesn't commit yet, and if I do, it will be great and stuff.
Well,
^that seems incredibly fabricated

We have some back and forth between silver and iguana, which feels like they are not scum together. Well we may have only 2 scum left, so that is not a particularly great insight.

He does not take a stance on the RR issue before he fullclaims. Afterwards, he says
Right now, lynching Jan is still the most logical option.
Which is good I think.

silver goes through some trouble trying to get exact information. Which is the kind of thing that scum likes to do to appear active and like they're trying to figure things out.

But the really weird thing is where he abandons both RR and Jan and starts voting for me 2 days before the deadline. What is the thinking here? I mean, if you're going to try starting an alternate wagon here, then I am one of the worst possible options, no? Very unlikely that I will be lynched that quickly. But I also don't get the town narrative - how can you look at the RR/Jan situation and not get a read from it. Like so much information, surely you will have some kind of read? It just seems... very odd.

I guess the following post makes a bit more sense, and puts this into perspective.
Because one is a mechanical reason and one is a content reason. If I vote for Jan than he has nothing to defend himself for, since he is either mafia or happened to be unlucky. So I'd move on with the game, and at the end of the day we can decide if whatever cases are around then are better than the Jan thing. If not, we can still lynch him.

He pushes me a bit, which I am not sure scum!silver wants to do. Then the derphammer, which is null.

Meh. This is not as good as I wanted it to be. silver actually supported the Jan lynch for most of the day, but never voted for him. That is certainly not what Jan's scumpartner wants to be doing.

Unvote. I guess I need to find a better place for my vote.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 19, 2016, 11:36:22 am »

Or maybe Seprix and teamlyle are both scum.

We should also remember that there might be an SK or some kind of third party in this game.

Man, I had a town read on you. Why would you say such a thing?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 19, 2016, 11:40:54 am »

Do we have anyone left that knows the flavor? I have a question.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 19, 2016, 12:46:18 pm »

Vote Count 2.1

Cron (1): Haddock
Haddock (2): Cron, Cellovix
silverspawn (1): J Reggie
Seprix (1): iguanaiguana
faust (2): Seprix, silverspawn

Not Voting (4): teamlyle, chairs, fontisian, faust

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.  Day 2 ends Wednesday July 27, 9PM

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 78  All

Page created in 2.297 seconds with 20 queries.