Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 78  All

Author Topic: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (Game Over! Mafia win!)  (Read 191238 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D1)
« Reply #750 on: July 15, 2016, 12:37:29 pm »

I only wanted this:

My ability is split into two :
1. Manipulate Fate : I can target two players and all abilities targeting player A will target player B instead.
2. Future Sight : I will receive the results of the people targeting player A (who therefore targeted b)

Because you previously talked about busdriver, and it was not clear from whom of the two you get results. This isn't busdriver though, it's just a one-way redirecting.

So what if A's power is not investigative? Then Future sight does nothing?

that's fine though. RR? I also don't think your claim was precise.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 15, 2016, 01:19:59 pm »

I have two powers:

I can target a player at night to learn their active power.

I can do the power I learned about the previous night.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 15, 2016, 01:23:17 pm »

I only wanted this:

My ability is split into two :
1. Manipulate Fate : I can target two players and all abilities targeting player A will target player B instead.
2. Future Sight : I will receive the results of the people targeting player A (who therefore targeted b)

Because you previously talked about busdriver, and it was not clear from whom of the two you get results. This isn't busdriver though, it's just a one-way redirecting.

So what if A's power is not investigative? Then Future sight does nothing?

that's fine though. RR? I also don't think your claim was precise.
i call it busdriver from videomafia more or less. true it is only redirect since it is one way.
the point is not a's power.
the people using a power on a. i will get a copy on their result, or rather their action will get transferred to b and i will get a copy of the result they get.

if rr targets a then i will get the rolecop result thingy. or a copcheck or whatever roleblock may get as result.
so if a cop checks a and i redirect it to b and b is green, then i will know that.

it is a weird utility role. rly powerful, but you have to be careful about swapping someones check and should normally leave some sort of soft, in case you die in the night and flip.
Generic signature involving the word homunculus.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 15, 2016, 02:05:13 pm »

so why did you not learn about the future sight part? That's part of the active ability.

Jan

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 15, 2016, 02:09:02 pm »

so why did you not learn about the future sight part? That's part of the active ability.
good question. it is a 2nd ability, maybe he only gets one of them. and getting only that would be useless.
Generic signature involving the word homunculus.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 15, 2016, 02:36:36 pm »

It says a non factional ability. The key word is 'a.' So one.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 15, 2016, 02:50:18 pm »

Interesting.  Non factional ability.  I think this pretty much confirms Roadrunner as town regardless of Jan's alignment, because... town don't generally have factional abilities I don't think? I don't have one at any rate, and I'm not sure how that'd work.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 15, 2016, 02:56:05 pm »

huh. That's an unusual mechanic. Could imply a theme of several-ability packages.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 15, 2016, 02:58:39 pm »

Interesting.  Non factional ability.  I think this pretty much confirms Roadrunner as town regardless of Jan's alignment, because... town don't generally have factional abilities I don't think? I don't have one at any rate, and I'm not sure how that'd work.
"Confirms" may be strong. RR is clever enough to know this and invent the word factional.

But I do think RR is probably town anyway.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 15, 2016, 03:00:53 pm »

I don't think how it says anything about RR's alignment. it's sensible that you can only steal non-factional abilities, even if you yourself have factional abilities.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 15, 2016, 03:10:12 pm »

Okay the time line is actually not complicated. RR just does his claim -- it's consistent with what he said now -- and others question him for his odd delivery, and eventually Jan responds.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 15, 2016, 03:16:33 pm »

So here is the thing.

gkrieg probably went at this RMM by coming up with a lot of unique roles. Just give town a lot of  unique roles and compensate some way and try to make it balanced. Maybe a double ability theme.

But if you do that, then it's not a stretch to give a redirecting to scum. On the other hand even if both(?) factions have a redirecting, it's still solid evidence because it increases his chance to be scum to 50%.

He could also be a SK or something.

So... there is really nothing conclusive we can get from that. At least I can't.

Although I do dislike the way faust handled the claim. Instead of trying to figure out details, his reaction was to go after Seprix for his reaction, which I didn't even find scummy. let's vote: faust

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 15, 2016, 03:17:20 pm »

*not a stretch to give a redirecting to town.

That's really a problem you have. Coming up with enough different roles is hard.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 15, 2016, 03:24:13 pm »

I've never heard the phrase factional abilities used, so maybe it's a thing more common on this site. Fair enough then.  Just seemed like a possible smoking gun.

I want to lynch Jan.  I poked at him for active lurking, and he attacked me with a disproportionate response for just trying to get him to play the game rather than make fluff posts about flavor.  Over-defensive in nature.  Tack on the, again, disproportionate emotional response to the role reveal and I think he's very likely to be scum.

I strongly encourage people to go back and look at the back and forth between us - my vote was strictly a case where I saw he was posting mostly flavor related things with no attempt to figure out he game, so poked him to try and see where he was at, and he attacked back pretty hard in a non-genuine manner.  Should be the cherry on top of the plausibly scum role.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 15, 2016, 03:30:43 pm »

The case on Jan is not suddenly invalid just because he claims that he's town. Of course he claims to be town.

Redirecting roles are scum more often than not. Bus driver can be both. It is what you would expect scum!Jan to claim.

Right now, lynching Jan is still the most logical option.

Can you explain how you transition from this to voting Faust?  I know you're saying it could be town, but I'd like you to lay out why it's no longer the most logical course of action to you.  I don't even mind your vote, I just want to try and see how you're thinking here.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: July 15, 2016, 03:50:29 pm »

Because one is a mechanical reason and one is a content reason. If I vote for Jan than he has nothing to defend himself for, since he is either mafia or happened to be unlucky. So I'd move on with the game, and at the end of the day we can decide if whatever cases are around then are better than the Jan thing. If not, we can still lynch him.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 15, 2016, 04:06:53 pm »

Would you mind looking back at the interaction Jan and I had earlier?  I use interaction loosely because it was me voting him for active lurking, and then him attacking me in response, but it's the only thing he's really done that can be defined as content.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 15, 2016, 04:16:25 pm »

So here is the thing.

gkrieg probably went at this RMM by coming up with a lot of unique roles. Just give town a lot of  unique roles and compensate some way and try to make it balanced. Maybe a double ability theme.

But if you do that, then it's not a stretch to give a redirecting to scum. On the other hand even if both(?) factions have a redirecting, it's still solid evidence because it increases his chance to be scum to 50%.

He could also be a SK or something.

So... there is really nothing conclusive we can get from that. At least I can't.

Although I do dislike the way faust handled the claim. Instead of trying to figure out details, his reaction was to go after Seprix for his reaction, which I didn't even find scummy. let's vote: faust
Actually, that was me. Hi.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 15, 2016, 04:18:20 pm »

Hi Fontisian.  While you are here, would you mind talking about your general view on the game a bit? You've mostly spent the game kind of swapping from one tunnel to another with very little engagement, and I don't actually know what you think about most of the playerlist.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 15, 2016, 04:22:11 pm »

To be fair I don't even know what I think about most of the playerlist, but that's why I'm asking people questions I guess.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 15, 2016, 04:33:42 pm »

"Confirms" may be strong. RR is clever enough to know this and invent the word factional.

But I do think RR is probably town anyway.
When I think of RR, 'clever' is not the first word that comes to mind.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 15, 2016, 04:34:31 pm »

That's not very nic-

*looks at username*

Oh. 

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 15, 2016, 04:41:23 pm »

Hey RR. If Jan flips town, who do you think looks the worst from the reveal and subsequent interactions?  What about if he flips scum?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 15, 2016, 04:43:54 pm »

Hey RR. If Jan flips town, who do you think looks the worst from the reveal and subsequent interactions?  What about if he flips scum?
If he flips town I think I look the worst lol. No, I look the second worse, behind Seprix.

I haven't given much thought to eho looks bad if he flips scum. Teamlyle looks good, Seprix looks okay, Faust looks slighty scummy I suppose.

But I'll be able to answer these questions tomorrow. Right? Right?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (N0)
« Reply #774 on: July 15, 2016, 04:53:21 pm »

Vote Count 1.7

Roadrunner7671(1): chairs
faust(1): silverspawn
Jan(5): Cellovix, Seprix, Haddock, teamlyle, iguanaiguana {L-2}
Cellovix(1): Jan
Seprix(4): fontisian, Cron, faust, J Reggie

Not Voting(1): Roadrunner7671

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.  D1 ends Sunday July 17, 12PM forum time
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 78  All

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 20 queries.