Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63]  All

Author Topic: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 137899 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Day Three)
« Reply #1550 on: June 04, 2016, 12:30:13 pm »

Let's not write off J Reggie, scum could have pretended to send themselves fruit and I really don't trust him.

Everyone ignored this btw  8)
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Game Over!)
« Reply #1551 on: June 04, 2016, 12:30:33 pm »

including me myself ignored myself!
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
Re: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Day Three)
« Reply #1552 on: June 04, 2016, 12:37:27 pm »

Let's not write off J Reggie, scum could have pretended to send themselves fruit and I really don't trust him.

Everyone ignored this btw  8)

If it came down to it I was considering using that post as defense to prove to people you wouldn't have given me fruit. But I would have had to be careful with that plan.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: June 04, 2016, 01:10:03 pm »

So I made a few minor errors. Vote counts were hard (because counting is hard) and I would've had the inventors send fruit during the day if I were to run this setup again.

But Iguanaiguana did the worst case scenario thing.

J Reggie is MVP. You could definitely make a case for others, but J Reggie stole town's heart (and their fruit). Congratulations!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1554 on: June 04, 2016, 01:28:07 pm »

J Reggie is MVP. You could definitely make a case for others, but J Reggie stole town's heart (and their fruit). Congratulations!

Thanks! As I said, I definitely feel that this was my best performance I've ever had in a forum mafia game.

At the end, though, I think the MVP was whatever random number generator you were using  ;)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: June 04, 2016, 04:30:29 pm »

can we see the mod qt?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: June 04, 2016, 04:34:41 pm »

because, ok.  yeah.  I should not have died when I did.  The only reason I died was because Reggie knew that he had been targeted with a fruit and that PGO would kill iguana and so they get the free kill.

Like, that should not have occurred.  At all.

I mean, yes.  Scum was probably going to win this anyway.  But the way the game was run with the giving out of fruit and night kill orders made it just ridiculously slanted in scum's benefit.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: June 04, 2016, 04:35:58 pm »

Reggie in the scum qt: "I just got a fruit. We should probably change who I kill."

That should never happen.  That is straight up giving scum an unfair advantage in the game.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1558 on: June 04, 2016, 04:48:25 pm »

Yeah, this is my first game so I want entirely sure what to expect, but the modding did seem a little more informal than I expected.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: June 04, 2016, 05:14:18 pm »

Reggie in the scum qt: "I just got a fruit. We should probably change who I kill."

That should never happen.  That is straight up giving scum an unfair advantage in the game.
I agree that shouldn't have happened, but it didn't give scum an unfair advantage.

If there would've been a 24 hour deadline to give fruit, J Reggie would've gotten his fruit then changed his kill in the last 24 hours of the night. If fruit was given during the day, the entire affair would've been skipped and you would've been killed anyway.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: June 04, 2016, 05:15:20 pm »

http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/eJ4gqJi6vdp
I did more stuff IRL instead of in the QT, it was just easier.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: June 04, 2016, 05:19:24 pm »

I agree that shouldn't have happened, but it didn't give scum an unfair advantage.

If there would've been a 24 hour deadline to give fruit, J Reggie would've gotten his fruit then changed his kill in the last 24 hours of the night. If fruit was given during the day, the entire affair would've been skipped and you would've been killed anyway.

Could have required the kill to be submitted within the first 24 hours as well.  Scum would have had an informational advantage, but not the ability to change orders.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: June 04, 2016, 09:13:07 pm »

See? I was flipping town!
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: June 04, 2016, 10:08:49 pm »

Could have required the kill to be submitted within the first 24 hours as well.  Scum would have had an informational advantage, but not the ability to change orders.

Yes. This

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: June 04, 2016, 10:11:18 pm »

I also was very afraid of the No Lynch plan. Why did no one listen to me?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: June 04, 2016, 10:11:41 pm »

I'm not ALWAYS a terrible town player.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1566 on: June 04, 2016, 10:15:13 pm »

I listened to you, I just pretended not to.  8)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: June 05, 2016, 12:39:48 am »

I overlooked the one miracle situation which was barely possible. This was extremely unlikely.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: June 05, 2016, 12:42:24 am »

I overlooked the one miracle situation which was barely possible. This was extremely unlikely.

Well to be fair, I was beginning to think another 2 kill was not possible.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: June 05, 2016, 12:42:59 am »

We had to play the way we did, I think.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Day Four)
« Reply #1570 on: June 05, 2016, 01:45:53 pm »

you don't have to feel guilty. Honestly I thought your biggest mistakes were 1) to back down a big before my lynch and 2) not being more upset for being pushed afterwards. I thought you should've been like "Hey wtf I pushed silver treat me as an IC"
I think 2) is pretty arguable. If I'm the first person to being that up it looks a lot like wifom. I was waiting for someone else to bring it up, and lo, e did. It was tight there for a bit but I was actually not around for most of that anyway.  But yes this could perhaps have been a mistake but I don't think  it's as bad as you make out.

I don't agree that 1) was a mistake at all. Being unconfident and wavery about lynches is firmly within my town meta and I think people paying enough attention would have been expecting it. That's why I did it. I think the one post I made about it struck just the right balance.

Anyhoo. Congrats to reggie. Well deserved. I can't believe this was your first game.

Here's my QT. http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/MmGPmd2a7hs9

Oh and with regards to the fruit timing. I agree it should  never have happened. But there's no way it gave scum an advantage overall: the counterbalancing effect was that town had an easy way to identify fruits based on time received.  Which means that scum can't use fruit to sow confusion, ever.  Which was kinda annoying actually.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: June 05, 2016, 01:48:49 pm »

J Reggie knocked it out of the park. I want to lynch him first every game just in case.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: June 05, 2016, 01:53:45 pm »

J Reggie knocked it out of the park. I want to lynch him first every game just in case.
Ha! Yep. It's pretty annoying actually.  This is probably the closest I've gotten (or will get for a while) to an mvp since switch, my first game, where I had a shot at it. But it had to be at the same time as an absolutely ridiculously good game from reggie.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63]  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 20 queries.