Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 138352 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #500 on: May 14, 2016, 09:44:21 pm »

Yes, I'm switching my vote from e, but at this point an e lynch simply isn't going to happen. If e comes close to getting lynched again, I'll be happy to hop back on.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 15, 2016, 12:18:09 am »

After reread I no longer feel iguana. e vs ii fight is resembling me Teproc vs faust in my last game.

I'm feeling like Vote: pps. Mostly gut

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 15, 2016, 04:58:13 am »

So, ADK reread.

He opens with a few RVS posts, then starts calling people out for policy voting.  Not much to take from that really.

He starts pushing Joseph pretty early (not unusual for this game, but I still think it's scummy, Joseph is not a good lynch at all).
Then he takes a really early stance on SS, declaring him not-scummy.  This post
vote: ss

Clearly scummy

Disagree.
This seems like a weird townread to give out so early on.

He votes gkrieg when gkrieg confesses to still RVSing.  Not the best reason for a vote imo but not the worst either.

Tries to shut down some perfectly reasonable setup talk here:
There's not a whole lot to talk about in terms of theory I think. Claiming doesn't do anything interesting. There doesn't seem to be some sort of broken "follow the cop" type plan. Eat fruit at your own discretion.

I'm finding gkrieg's reads list to be scummy.
I agree with the last sentence here.  But trying to shut down the "distracting" setup talk (admittedly there's not much to talk about, but there is some stuff) feels like a grab for town points to me.

Defending his Joseph vote and townreading J Reggie
I'm liking what I'm seeing from Reggie. Joseph can be an easy wagon but he's also done a lot that's scummy so far, it's the best wagon in this game so far, and putting people at L-1 as long as you announce it (and RR put up an incorrect vote count so there's some leniency there) is not scummy at all.
Not much to say about that except that the Joseph wagon is bad.

Some fakehammer discussion, then he pushes Joseph some more, and townreads me and Seprix.
5 posts later he un-townreads Seprix for a not-very-good reason.  OK.

"Isn't feeling" an e lynch.  Fair enough.

Argues with Seprix a bit, not much to take from it.

This is slightly weird:
Iguana is trying to play like Awaclus (I don't know why), and sometimes he forgets and reverts to his normal playstyle, i.e. the huge argument trying to prove e wrong. That could potentially be revealing, as that written accusation by e (who was L-2 at the time) really cut deep into II's psyche. I don't think it's too much to read into until later on though. Seriously, can we get to the e lynch?

Actually seprix might not be town. This post is weird. "Here's why ii might be scum! But we can look at that later, Lynch e now."
I don't think this avenue is worth pursuing.

I mean the more push-back I get against suspicion on Seprix the more I'll want to pursue it.
ADK claims to be townreading me, so why would my defending Seprix make Seprix scummier? 

Pushes Joseph more, and that's it.

tl;dr - he's pushing Joseph almost as hard as Awaclus, and unlike Awaclus I can't give him town points for it.  But, again, that's the only thing he's done that I see as scummy really.  A few weird posts but nothing major.  Mildly scummy but not worthy of a vote at this point.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 15, 2016, 05:04:51 am »

I know nothing about EgorK. Lynching lurkers is what you do when you're in D3, not D1.

Because of this proposal, Haddock is not in good standing with me.

Vote: haddock
I was never proposing an Egor lynch.  Mine was a pressure vote.  Which a) has now served its purpose and b) becomes worthless as soon as it's explained anyway.

vote: e
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 15, 2016, 05:50:01 am »

I think the best lynches would be either ADK or PPS.

Vote: PPS.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 15, 2016, 07:52:10 am »

{ADK reread}

I'm sorry if you're town. Which you probably are, giving the probabilities. But your re-read reads fake to me. rereadreads.

As did your last one, for that matter.

The problem is that I think you're taking quotes and then coming up with things to say about them, rather than taking quotes and then finding things to say about them, or better yet reading something that makes you find something, and then reading more to see if you find more of that something.

Admittedly town does do "I'll reread this guy now, and comment on him" and maybe that's what you're doing here, but it feels more like "I'll reread this guy now and I will find something to say about this".

In other words, your reasoning seems fake, but I'm sure I explained this well. Let me illustrate it at an example:

There's not a whole lot to talk about in terms of theory I think. Claiming doesn't do anything interesting. There doesn't seem to be some sort of broken "follow the cop" type plan. Eat fruit at your own discretion.

I agree with the last sentence here.  But trying to shut down the "distracting" setup talk (admittedly there's not much to talk about, but there is some stuff) feels like a grab for town points to me.

I have trouble believing that you actually have this impression to be frank. ADK just gave a legit piece of advice (which also happens to be completely accurate I think).

Similar things go for

He starts pushing Joseph pretty early (not unusual for this game, but I still think it's scummy, Joseph is not a good lynch at all).

Clearly scummy

Disagree.

- It wasn't a townread
- ADK has flipped on me (you didn't mention that, why?)
- gkrieg was doing something scummy there, namely making a post that pretends to be non-RVS while really being RVS. Or perhaps the opposite. It's not clear. He can pretend either depending on what fits. Calling him out for that is towny.

vote: Haddock

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 15, 2016, 07:53:24 am »

PPS wagon is super scummy business. Egork is scummy for pursuing it. Joseph is super scummy for trying to limit our wagons to the two towniest players.

I like that Haddock voted for Egork. Not in the sense of I find it towny though. I just kind of like it as a thing. Could be on a partner.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 15, 2016, 07:54:06 am »

After reread I no longer feel iguana. e vs ii fight is resembling me Teproc vs faust in my last game.

I'm feeling like Vote: pps. Mostly gut

If you actually did a seizable reread, then why don't you post a bit more? That would help your case and not be that much effort.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 15, 2016, 10:51:25 am »

OK, so my overall response to this is:
Of course I'm picking at the little things.  It's D1 and I'm clutching at straws here.  That's what I have to do on D1 to get anything resembling a read.  I read through all the posts, find anything that's at all different or that I can come up with ANYTHING to say about, and I say it.  It's a throw-everything-at-the-wall-and-see-what-sticks approach, and it's the best I got.

More specifically, I'll comment on a couple of your comments.

I have trouble believing that you actually have this impression to be frank. ADK just gave a legit piece of advice (which also happens to be completely accurate I think).
The only question here is: Do you think that the setup talk that had been done up until that point was good, useful and legitimate?  I do, so I think ADK's attempt to shut it down is bad.  Simple.

Clearly scummy

Disagree.

- It wasn't a townread
- ADK has flipped on me (you didn't mention that, why?)
- gkrieg was doing something scummy there, namely making a post that pretends to be non-RVS while really being RVS. Or perhaps the opposite. It's not clear. He can pretend either depending on what fits. Calling him out for that is towny.
This is entirely a matter or interpretation.  To me, it looks like ADK bestowing a townread (or at least a not-scumread).  If he was calling out gkrieg for bad RVSing, why not say that?  No, he is explicitly disagreeing with an (admittedly jokey) scumread.

ADK puts you in a would-lynch box, but several other people too.  It doesn't really change anything or explain the early weirdness.

I say again, this is all a stretch.  But it's D1 - everything's a stretch.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 15, 2016, 11:11:07 am »

I agree Haddock is doing what looks like busy work to appear towny but it isn't outside his meta and having this kind of activity is good for keeping the game moving. Right now I am null to scum on Haddock so I am still willing to hammer him just for funnies as I don't think he is a terrible lynch but I do think we can do better.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: May 15, 2016, 11:13:46 am »

Reread later but some thoughts for now:

I was thinking about how seprix and iguana were both bussing e hardcore and what are the odds of players being so in sync. I want to go back and later and see if I can read more into their actions but there might be a tell for partner play there. I recall seprix having a scumread on iguana but if you had agreed before the game that you would both push heavily for one person's lynch you would want to have some bussing in there. More on this later when I look at it more closely.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 15, 2016, 11:16:43 am »

I was thinking about how seprix and iguana were both bussing e hardcore and what are the odds of players being so in sync. I want to go back and later and see if I can read more into their actions but there might be a tell for partner play there. I recall seprix having a scumread on iguana but if you had agreed before the game that you would both push heavily for one person's lynch you would want to have some bussing in there. More on this later when I look at it more closely.

I'm town, also what you are suggesting is just really poor play.

If you want me to be scum please come up with better theories. And for the record I've already given up on this game and offered up my lynch to everyone also.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #512 on: May 15, 2016, 02:44:19 pm »

Ok I'm back. And the more I read the note I continue to think ii is scum. But I guess we're not going to lynch him today. So what do I think of everyone else?

I don't get the whole thing with Haddock. It looks like pps wants to lynch him for personal reasons? Not even a personal quarrel but he just likes lynching Haddock. That's super weird but I don't think pps is scum for it, he's just super weird as town.
SS's case on Haddock is weak. Just because you have different kinds of long posts doesn't mean someone's scum. I'm suspicious of ss for this.

EgorK. You've done next to nothing this game and what you have done has looked scummy. I'd like to get some sort of a wagon started on EgorK at some point to get him to join the game. I don't have a good idea of EgorK's meta though, so maybe this is a bad idea.

Since the ii thing isn't happening, vote: ss. You're seeming more and more scummy to me. What do you have to say to this?

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #513 on: May 15, 2016, 02:45:55 pm »

Argh "note" in the first paragraph should be "more"

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 15, 2016, 03:07:17 pm »

I was thinking about how seprix and iguana were both bussing e hardcore and what are the odds of players being so in sync.

What are the odds everyone goes out against Joseph? People can do scummy things, and both Haddock and I happened to find e's actions scummy. Nothing wrong with that.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 15, 2016, 03:13:59 pm »

Since the ii thing isn't happening, vote: ss. You're seeming more and more scummy to me. What do you have to say to this?

I think you're the best newbie player I've ever see, but even you can't be right all the time  :P

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 15, 2016, 03:15:07 pm »

and you misunderstand the case on Haddock if you say "Just because you have different kinds of long posts". That's neither the case nor is it true, I used to have lots of long posts in the same style has haddock. The style is fine. The content is the problem.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 15, 2016, 03:17:01 pm »

heh, I realize that "not the case" and "not true" sound like the exact same thing. But with "not the case" I meant "that's not the case (i.e. attack) I was making in my post". Different thing.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 15, 2016, 03:18:39 pm »

I'm starting to see an ADK/SS/e scumteam.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 15, 2016, 03:41:43 pm »

See, that's just silly for D1. You are correct in that you are seeing things. The nice thing is I think we are still getting utility out of D1 and at this point it doesn't even matter who we lynch. I mean, besides me, that would be just dumb, ear, I men least informative of them all.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 15, 2016, 03:42:35 pm »

See, that's just silly for D1. You are correct in that you are seeing things. The nice thing is I think we are still getting utility out of D1 and at this point it doesn't even matter who we lynch. I mean, besides me, that would be just dumb, ear, I men least informative of them all.

It's not silly. It's only a theory. When my information changes, I'll re-evaluate.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 15, 2016, 04:23:22 pm »

vote: silvers pawn for super partners interactions with e

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 15, 2016, 04:25:01 pm »

Partnery* Also Vote: silverspawn this iPad auto added a space

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 15, 2016, 05:45:26 pm »

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 15, 2016, 05:51:29 pm »

I'm town, also what you are suggesting is just really poor play.

If you want me to be scum please come up with better theories. And for the record I've already given up on this game and offered up my lynch to everyone also.

"I'm being a drama queen" is a bad arguement against your lynch.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 63  All

Page created in 2.311 seconds with 21 queries.