Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 139523 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #275 on: May 10, 2016, 09:47:42 am »

It took me until now to get that you mean iguanda with ii. I kept thinking... is this a clever nickname for e? but ii is -1 not e... right? am I missing something obvious?

i = sqrt (-1)
2i = -1
3i = -1 sqrt (-1)
4i = 1

So Iguana Iguana is strictly negative, but at least he isn't a root.

So I'd better retally these votes here, a lot of voting is going on, and I'm a little paranoid about a "pretend accidental hammer".
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #276 on: May 10, 2016, 09:51:39 am »

Yeah, ii is making all kinds of sense.

Do you just mean because I said:

I've been trying to play more like Awaclus.

I actually didn't see that post. That explains why you've been making so much sense!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #277 on: May 10, 2016, 09:53:46 am »

i = sqrt (-1)
2i = -1
3i = -1 sqrt (-1)
4i = 1

I don't think that's right.

2i = i + i.
ii = i * i = i^2.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 10, 2016, 09:56:01 am »

Yeah, ii is making all kinds of sense.

Do you just mean because I said:

I've been trying to play more like Awaclus.

I actually didn't see that post. That explains why you've been making so much sense!

But I'm on e, you're on Joseph. I see those wagons as diametrically opposed to one another.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 10, 2016, 09:58:50 am »

i = sqrt (-1)
2i = -1
3i = -1 sqrt (-1)
4i = 1

I don't think that's right.

2i = i + i.
ii = i * i = i^2.

Yes, you're right. i^2 = -1. It's by powers, not simple numbers.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 10, 2016, 10:00:25 am »

Current vote count, Seprix edition:

Gkrieg13 (4): ADK,  e, Joseph
Iguanaiguana (1): J Reggie
Joseph (4):  Awaclus, ADK, PingpongSam, Chairs
e (4): SS, Iguana, gkraig, Seprix
J Reggie (1): Seprix
SS (1): Haddock

7 to lynch

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 10, 2016, 10:02:07 am »

Gkrieg13 (4): ADK,  e, Joseph
J Reggie (1): Seprix

7 to lynch

There's no way this is correct. You have yourself on two players at once, Gkrieg reads as having four votes with only three players listed... may be other mistakes as well.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #282 on: May 10, 2016, 10:03:33 am »

But I'm on e, you're on Joseph. I see those wagons as diametrically opposed to one another.

I could actually see a scum team with e and Joseph.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 10, 2016, 10:03:54 am »

Gkrieg13 (3): ADK,  e, Joseph

7 to lynch

I missed a number on gkraig, so it's 3 voting for him, not 4. I also forgot to clear J Reggie after I voted for e instead. I'm pretty sure it's accurate now.

Reading posts now, and will reply to some things.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 10, 2016, 10:05:37 am »

I could actually see a scum team with e and Joseph.

I don't know, Awaclus. If I were on a scum team with Joseph, I'd try to not even get close to him. He ends up getting lynched early nearly every time, and well, defending scum looks bad.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 10, 2016, 10:07:00 am »

Okay, people, I've been doing some work so that we can lynch e and get on with our lives.

Joseph says this:

if I was scum, I wouldn't reveal [my alignment] even if I thought i was lynched.

but historically it just isn't true. When Joseph gets lynched as scum, he just tells people he's scum. See this post in Harry Potter Mafia II. Joseph's annoyed response to thinking he got hammered is consistent with his town meta, not his scum meta, and that makes him a bad vote for today.I'm even ready to say regardless of what else he may say today.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 10, 2016, 10:07:54 am »

I'll make the case for e now. It'll take a minute though.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 10, 2016, 10:09:46 am »

@Seprix

You didn't answer my question from before:

Do you think Reggie is the scummiest person on the Joseph wagon?

I swear, I thought I answered this. I don't know, it's too early to tell.
But he is the one you are voting for?

Yes, for being aggressive with the pre-hammer vote so early on.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 10, 2016, 10:14:41 am »

These were the most important events of D1:

> Joseph gets himself in trouble
> e jumps in to save him with an incredibly lame reason, exposing himself to the town firing squad

Why would e do this? It could be a gamble, as scum!e may have assumed Joseph would have died today, making him get some town cred. If Joseph!scum & e!scum, e would not sink his ship like this D1. Joseph!scum & e!town makes no sense either, regarding his reasoning for voting. It seems incredibly fake. I want an e lynch now, for sure.

When Joseph gets lynched as scum, he just tells people he's scum. See this post in Harry Potter Mafia II. Joseph's annoyed response to thinking he got hammered is consistent with his town meta, not his scum meta, and that makes him a bad vote for today.I'm even ready to say regardless of what else he may say today.

I also think Joseph is innocent as a result, and this evidence by Iguana only makes me feel more confident in my read. I don't think Joseph could get ultra meta and change his playstyle based on past events. If he could, why is he still sticking his neck out like this every game with self voting and incredibly sheeping posts?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 10, 2016, 10:19:11 am »

Look at these posts e has made:

Just realized an autocorrect error in my post above. "Want" is supposed to be "wasn't"

Basically, I don't think Joseph was "cracking under pressure." I think he made a scummy post or two and so I am voting for him because I think he is scum

...and right after...

Fake hammers are scummy

Vote: gkrieg

If e thought Joseph was scum, why not just go with the fake hammer? Why so down on it? This is incredibly damning evidence.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 10, 2016, 10:35:34 am »

The key here is that e is behaving differently than he usually does in a game and it is plausible to see a scum narrative for this change in his behavior.

Usually e is pretty involved and comes up with pretty elaborate reads. Here he's just voting for people for obvious things, the sort of things that scum would like to try to mislynch a player for because it looks scummy even though there is no real scum narrative for it.

His two early votes against Awaclus are really just votes against things that people always find Awaclus scummy for, not things that Awaclus actually does as scum.
His early vote against ADK is just defensive hogwash.
His early vote against Gkrieg is reactionary -- Voting Gkrieg for 'pretending not to have looked at the game yet.' It's the kind of thing that people don't like to see, and therefore will vote a person for but not the sort of thing scum actually does.
His first vote against Joseph is a vote against Joseph's annoying play, voting him for asking "who wins if we lynch the mod?" Again, there's no real scum narrative for that. I know this is debatable, but I would argue that e is one of the scummiest votes on Joseph at this point.
He then votes off of Joseph onto PPS for bad reasons and then returns to PPS for similarly bad reasons.
And then the final vote on Gkrieg that has been thoroughly explained by others. My 2cents: Gkrieg's fakehammer is the sort of thing that annoys people, but not good scum play. Therefore its the sort of thing that people will vote for someone for doing.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 10, 2016, 10:37:05 am »

returns to Joseph*

Also, sorry Awaclus, I explained things. I'm still finding my style here.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 10, 2016, 10:46:45 am »

Hmm.  Noone seems to agree with me about SS, and I can get behind the case on e.  I definitely think his vote on Joseph is just the laziest thing ever.

vote: e  L-2 I think?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 10, 2016, 10:48:10 am »

Hmm.  Noone seems to agree with me about SS, and I can get behind the case on e.  I definitely think his vote on Joseph is just the laziest thing ever.

What's the case on silver?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 10, 2016, 10:49:17 am »

One thing that also makes me feel scum on e is just how hard it is to get a wagon going on him today despite decent evidence. In general scum players are harder to wagon D1 because their partners don't want to join it unless it looks inevitable.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 10, 2016, 10:49:55 am »

What's the case on silver?
Not doing his usual thing of tunnelling someone D1 and an uncharacteristically lazy vote on gkrieg.  Plus gut.

When I put it like that, there's definitely more of a case on e than on ss.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 10, 2016, 10:50:59 am »

The tunnelling thing and the lazy vote thing are supposed to be separate.  That sentence I wrote is confusing and hard to read.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 10, 2016, 10:51:45 am »

One thing that also makes me feel scum on e is just how hard it is to get a wagon going on him today despite decent evidence. In general scum players are harder to wagon D1 because their partners don't want to join it unless it looks inevitable.

Do you think one scum player is voting for e right now?

Forum is getting slow again. I bet a preview has been posted.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 10, 2016, 10:53:29 am »

Disagree strongly. D1 is the best day to setup the distancing and dissonance. Also perfect time to setup the bus if needed later. It's getting them on the tail end of a wagon that is going to be hard. Getting them on early is very likely. The tell tale behavior are wagon jumpers when it gets heavy.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #299 on: May 10, 2016, 10:57:56 am »

Ugh, I knew I'd have to be careful with this kind of thing. I had a town read on e early on and now I can't shake that, despite the evidence ii has given. I'll have to read e's posts from the beginning and see what I think.

Posts autocorrected to potatoes and I was tempted to leave that in there.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 20 queries.