Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: I really want to like this game - I must be missing something, HELP!!!  (Read 16721 times)

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
Re: I really want to like this game - I must be missing something, HELP!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 01:53:29 pm »
+4

I let my 9 year old daughter, my primary Dominion play partner, pick out which expansion we were going to buy first. I gave her the card lists for Intrigue and Prosperity; she chose the latter.

I don't have kids, yet this still made my day, and not just because it stands in bright relief against barsooma's ridiculous rant against Donald X in the "Official Android App' thread.  You must be a great parent, and I'll bet she is (and will continue to be) a capable, confident, inclusionary sort of human being.  (Plus, she probably can already beat me handily.)

Edit: corrected typo in first line of my text.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:31:40 am by SwitchedFromStarcraft »
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Brando Commando

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +112
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 03:46:28 pm »
+1

Ack! How am I ever going to get over level 30 with child geniuses playing this game?! I'm about this close to going back to playing tic-tac-toe.

krawhitham

• Baron
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 07:12:44 pm »

Lots of good advice already in this thread. The only thing I have to add is....

This just might not be your thing.

vulturesrow

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 12:32:12 am »

I let my 9 year old daughter, my primary Dominion play partner, pick out which expansion we were going to buy first. I gave her the card lists for Intrigue and Prosperity; she chose the latter.

I don't have kids, yet this still made my day, and not just because it stands in bright relief against barsooma's ridiculous rant against Donald X in the "Official Android App' thread.  You must be a great parent, and I'll bet she is (and will continue to be) a capable, confident, inclusionary sort of human being.  (Plus, she probably can already beat me handily.)

Just saw this and wow, thanks a ton. I really appreciate it. And yes she's a great kid, who has 3 sisters and a brother who are equally great; I take no credit it for that, I'm just glad it is so.

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 07:54:56 am »

Just saw this and wow, thanks a ton. I really appreciate it. And yes she's a great kid, who has 3 sisters and a brother who are equally great; I take no credit it for that, I'm just glad it is so.
Always give the credit to the wife. ;)
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.