Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Dark Dynasty I  (Read 4006 times)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Dynasty I
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2016, 08:33:03 pm »

Without a use for gold/status points, there's no point in them.
I changed the setup.
I'll add in what the Blacksmith and Mercenary can do in a bit, but they both work with Gold Pieces as well.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2016, 08:33:18 pm »

One more issue (sorry for the nitpicking, but I suppose it's better to point these things out now rather then have them spoil the game experience): There is a breaking strategy I believe.

I suppose that land buys are public. Because this is supposed to be played IRL, I don't really see a way around this. The problem is that most Townies live at least in a Cottage, i.e. each of them (except Cutpurse and Pauper) gets at least 1 Status/day.

On Day 3, you have everyone buy a Farm. The Orcs will not be able to afford this and thus will immediately be outed, along with maybe one or two town PRs (Cutpurses/Paupers). Still you will have a pool of 3-5 players that includes all the Orcs. That seems pretty bad.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2016, 08:36:02 pm »

One more issue (sorry for the nitpicking, but I suppose it's better to point these things out now rather then have them spoil the game experience): There is a breaking strategy I believe.

I suppose that land buys are public. Because this is supposed to be played IRL, I don't really see a way around this. The problem is that most Townies live at least in a Cottage, i.e. each of them (except Cutpurse and Pauper) gets at least 1 Status/day.

On Day 3, you have everyone buy a Farm. The Orcs will not be able to afford this and thus will immediately be outed, along with maybe one or two town PRs (Cutpurses/Paupers). Still you will have a pool of 3-5 players that includes all the Orcs. That seems pretty bad.
Thank you, Faust!

This isn't nitpicky, this is really important.
The easiest solution is to have Orcs live in Cottages, and I think that's what I'll do.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2016, 03:45:27 pm »

Why are there so many mafia games going on right now?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2016, 05:44:53 pm »

Why are there so many mafia games going on right now?

Because there weren't a lot going on a little bit ago

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2016, 09:56:47 pm »

I'm majorly changing this game. I'm removing one of the currencies, two of them is too many.

I'm also toying with the idea of having any non-villainous night actions only available through the shop. Certain roles, instead of performing a night action, would sell the night action. See the Mercenary role in the OP for what all the power roles could be like.

Thoughts?   

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2016, 05:14:36 pm »

Okay, after doing quite a bit of thinking, I have greatly modified quite a few of the roles and I removed Status Points. I would recommend rereading the second post.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2016, 10:54:45 am »

I still don't see how this is going to play out IRL; it looks like (due to income differences, shop items, etc) it'd be easy as orcs to just pick off all PRs first.

Then again, I don't see how people play Mafia IRL either because I don't know how Mafia works in an environment where you don't have private quicktopics.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2016, 11:56:17 am »

I still don't see how this is going to play out IRL; it looks like (due to income differences, shop items, etc) it'd be easy as orcs to just pick off all PRs first.

Then again, I don't see how people play Mafia IRL either because I don't know how Mafia works in an environment where you don't have private quicktopics.
I'm going to need you to elaborate. Keep in mind that the PRs and Orcs wake up at different times.

When it comes to income, I'm yet to resolve that. I might have different values (cards worth $1, cards worth $2), or I might give each player a stack of cards, some of which are Gold Pieces, some of which are blank, and they'd need to draw until they hit their income amount.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2016, 12:00:50 pm »

The mafia can only communicate nonverbally while everyone else has their eyes closed.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2016, 12:14:23 pm »

I'm going to need you to elaborate. Keep in mind that the PRs and Orcs wake up at different times.

When it comes to income, I'm yet to resolve that. I might have different values (cards worth $1, cards worth $2), or I might give each player a stack of cards, some of which are Gold Pieces, some of which are blank, and they'd need to draw until they hit their income amount.

Are you saying that someone's assets are non-public information? I guess what I'm saying is that if I make more than a "vanilla townie" in income, it will quickly become obvious by my change in assets... but if assets are private information, not public, that's less of an issue.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.897 seconds with 19 queries.