Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 267759 times)

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #725 on: May 31, 2016, 01:57:23 am »

Oh. Interesting.

The point is more about the sentiment behind those two posts. I think it stands.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 31, 2016, 02:45:20 am »

Damn, that long ass readlist from ADK, with post numbers and an e vote. I think I'm going to swoon.

Man, I need to actually participate.
Man, all of the recent discussion seems like mindless babble over reads and reads lists. We were actually getting some serious stuff done, and now it's all lame.
"Man, if I keep saying man, maybe people won't attack me for my indifference."

Hydrad: If you could, please explain your vote on me, explain why the current situation is "interesting" and commit to an opinion on E. Or die. I'm not picky.

Reggie: Jan's hasn't actually been playing forum mafia for that long. I invited him to his first game a few months ago. I imagine, he, like me, doesn't what specific things are considered scummy or towny on this site, but most mafia sites tend to follow certain patterns. Jan can and will do things that he knows are seen as scummy (especially in a joking manner) for the wifom and because he finds it amusing. I suggest you ask him and others about the specific things you find scummy or towny, both because it will likely help your read and because it will help others read you.

I had thought you had a fair bit of experience, based on your prior confidence. The hint of vulnerability here makes me want to townread you, but I'd like some f. dsers to chime in first on whether you're likely to play the newb card as mafia.

From my little experience (he doesn't even have a finished game here) he does not seem like one to pull the newb card as scum. But like I said, that's from very little experience

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 31, 2016, 03:34:43 am »

Suddenly there's a lot of content. Not quite caught up yet. Just a few things

Yo, silver, Jan and I don't like to vote each other Day 1. It's not scummy.

See, this is something that could only happen to me. I read that post several times before now but I still thought it said' "Jan and I don't like each other Day 1. It's not scummy."

That's why I called it a defense. The more you know.

Vote e

I'm with Jan. Reasons after work.

You need a colon.

e's flip-flop screams completely genuine to me, and I think others will agree. What you accuse e of you yourself commit at least as much.

They do. I am they.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 31, 2016, 05:09:59 am »

Vote Count 1.7

2.71828..... (3): gkrieg13, Jan, A Drowned Kernel
Seprix (1): Awaclus
A Drowned Kernel (2): fontisian, Seprix
J Reggie (1): Haddock
liopoil (1): Teproc
fontisian (2): Roadrunner7671, Hydrad
Jan (4): silverspawn, liopoil, J Reggie, 2.71828.....

Not Voting (2): Melisandre, Ichimaru Gin

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Day 1 ends June 1 at 4:30 pm forum time.

That's in roughly 36 hours.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 05:25:12 am by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 31, 2016, 05:49:39 am »

E's post read like he decided to lynch Jan and then figured out the reasoning afterwards.

That's how Jan's post read!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 31, 2016, 05:51:23 am »

yeah, I totally said I liked Jan's post and didn't really read it all that well.  I saw he made a little case on me and kind of skimmed the rest.  guilty as charged.  But going back and really reading it was enlightening.  I mean, he did the same thing that he called me scummy for.
"Jan is correct that I wasn't paying attention to his posts, but he's mafia anyway because."

And yeah, that null-town read I had earlier.  Well, let's switch it to scummy.  I mean, seriously, everything I called him town for I could also call him scum for.  Nice how early reads can progress.  All those questions to get a feel for the game before jumping in exactly where he was comfortable to insure he didn't slip up in an unfamiliar environment.  How is that for twisting around what I said to make it sound scummy?
"Everything I called you town for could also make you scum, because I didn't think about my original read at all. I would like to call you scum now. Watch me make up logic."

Your argument here is basically that he admitted his previous read was weak/not thought through and therefore his new read must be too.

But that does not make sense. I had the same happen to me as town several times. You casually go along, give a few reads, then you reread and realize that your old reads were pretty bad, throw them overboard, make better reads. It's towny.

But more importantly, his new reads aren't contradicting or weak based on substance.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 31, 2016, 06:03:21 am »

I like ADK's reads list, except for the part on e. I think his recent play, the 180° on his reads, is much more likely to come from town than scum.

Granted, it would be very good play coming from scum for that reason - giving you a way to adjust your reads where you like them more and earn towncred in the process. Still. Town.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 31, 2016, 06:44:51 am »

It was an RVS after RVS had ended, and you can't just leave those lying around.

That was my problem with it. It's surprising that you were still thinking about your "trap" or what have you at the point in the game. And surprising is in the same ballpark as scummy.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 31, 2016, 07:24:08 am »

I need to consolidate my reads today.

I'd suggest we get a player to L-1 tonight - we'd then have plenty of time to chat about the claim/defence and build a new wagon if need be.

If there is a risk of a D1 no lynch, we lynch one of the lurkers.
"Napoleon of crime".

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 31, 2016, 07:32:20 am »

It was an RVS after RVS had ended, and you can't just leave those lying around.

That was my problem with it. It's surprising that you were still thinking about your "trap" or what have you at the point in the game. And surprising is in the same ballpark as scummy.
Oh, but I was pretty excited about it! I was disappointed when nobody voted J Reggie right away.

I'd suggest we get a player to L-1 tonight - we'd then have plenty of time to chat about the claim/defence and build a new wagon if need be.

Sounds like a good plan.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: May 31, 2016, 10:40:47 am »

I agree with this plan. Here, I'll help:

vote: SS
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 31, 2016, 11:01:20 am »

I'll reread later

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 31, 2016, 12:04:07 pm »

Vote: e

Cheers.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 31, 2016, 12:14:29 pm »

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 31, 2016, 12:57:10 pm »

Ok, I really am back this time. Catching up.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 31, 2016, 01:01:18 pm »

@Hydrad - are you struggling to express your thoughts / reads this game... or finding it difficult to interact with players?

Do you have weak reads? At the moment it looks like you don't want any confrontation - i.e no one to counter your scum-reads/votes. [That playstyle makes me paranoid].

Why are you voting fontisian right now?

This is the only read/reason you have fully expressed/explained:
Right now I'm trying to get a read on Jan from all of this though. His list doesn't feel fabricated at least from my perspective. so I think I'm leaning town on him.

You are on the wrong side of null for me at the moment.

Null scum lean.
"Napoleon of crime".

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 31, 2016, 01:04:31 pm »

Just reread through the thread, and there is a lot there. 

RR seems like his classic self, which means he will reveal himself as scum on D3 (if he is scum).  So let's leave him be for now.
Melisandre seems like a pretty confident player, and has been posting all sorts of stuff, and it has read pretty honest to me.  Town for now
liopoil has a lynch brewing in the future for him if he keeps up with the odd posts and 'traps' and such.  Does he really do that as scum?  not so sure. 
fontisian and Jan are both new with melisandre, and although they haven't been as active, they still exist.  I am fine keeping it that way on D1.
gkrieg is still voting me from rvs despite making cases and rereading people and finding them scummy, so....vote: gkrieg
silverspawn has some big posts and has some cool things down.  Scummy stuff not really. 
I voted for Seprix earlier, and maybe that is just because his current play style makes me think scum.  Which, could be right or could be wrong.  Either way, gkrieg is a better place to vote right now.  He is totally just sitting on a vote to look important and not be sitting at "not voting" status
Hydrad is so very Hydrad.  We can lynch him and RR together on D3 when they both breakdown and claim scum for real
I think Awaclus is very provocative, which can be frustrating...but also good.  He gets useful reactions out of people.
ADK does ADK stuff.  He could be town, but I think gkrieg is the better option right now.
Reggie is cool.  Let's not lynch him
Haddock is over-sensitized to any time that I remotely call him scummy.  Half the time it isn't even real.  I mean, like last game in lylo where I totally found him scummy for everything because I had to.  This half...might actually be a real scum read.
Ichi is town.  Because I said so.
Teproc is scum.  Because
you should reconsider your faust read. pretty sure that guy is some sort of evil overlord with a whole mafia team serving him.

I could get behind that case

But we should lynch his minion gkrieg first.

PPE:2

When Melisandre/Charlton Heston observed e's inactivity, I was about to come in and say that scum!e would have felt more pressure to act and would probably have come up with a big townie-looking reread post by now. This reads pretty relaxed, but still, somewhat scummy.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 31, 2016, 01:06:48 pm »

What does scum!liopoil look like? I can't recall.
Your responses are making me think it's less likely you're scum, but I'm also afraid that you're really good at fooling people. That itself isn't scummy. I'm just not sure of the key to telling when a good player is scum.

So, I guess I'll unvote.

Very townie.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 31, 2016, 01:18:46 pm »

Ok, e's rereads are looking pretty townie, and I usually hate them.

I'm having a lot of trouble reading Jan, and fontisian to a lesser extent. Obviously it's the not-knowing them, but I feel pretty strongly that Melisandre is town despite that now (I know there was that early thing, but every post since then has been super duper townie).

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 31, 2016, 01:21:03 pm »

Not sure why gkrieg and Haddock are in there. I just forgot everything about them for a minute and so added them. The other four are the only ones I think might be good lynches, but I don't even have scumreads on Teproc or Hydrad yet.

This is at least the 4th or 5th threat liopoil makes re: me. It's all "well, we'll see if Teproc changes his mind when he comes back", or "well I'm not findin Teproc scummy... for now", etc. It's a very nicely disguied version of OMGUS coupled with some intimidation...

Why has the liopoil wagon disappeared ?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 31, 2016, 01:26:18 pm »

Someone somewhere asked about my ADK town read : read his huge reads list. Town!ADK is one of the most constructive players on this forum, scum!ADK tries his best, but he goes for much shorter posts, observing things as they go along but rarely simulating an overall view of the game.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 31, 2016, 01:31:09 pm »

And I'm up to date.

So... I still like the liopoil lynch. It's not that town can't be nervous and overreact mind you, but liopoil isn't exactly the type, and he never stuck me as being particularly self-conscious either before (as either alignment, to be fair). His reaction... I suppose an indignant response would be what I'd expect from town, but the way liopoil is adressing me in particular strikes me as extremely scummy. He doesn't want to quite vote for me because he know it'll look OMGUSy, but he does leave the door open in case I persist. Basically now that I'm still pushing him, he's set himself up to vote for me and looking like I'm the one being unreasonable.

That's not how town thinks. Town wants to find scum, while scum is interested in the equilibrium of votes and getting people on their side or going after them. This is what liopoil is doing : not interested in finding out information, just interested in how the votes are going to go.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 31, 2016, 01:35:26 pm »

Melisandre, ADK are super townie.

e and Ichi are townie.

Haddock and Awaclus are scummy-ish. Various reasons, but I can't remember anything by Haddock this game, and he's a player I tend to be find very interesting.

J Reggie (who disappeared once his wagon did) and liopoil are priority lynches.

Everyone else I'm null on, more or less. I need to reread Jan and fontisian : there should be some revealing stuff in there, Jan especially.

Melisandre

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 31, 2016, 01:36:39 pm »

When Melisandre/Charlton Heston observed e's inactivity, I was about to come in and say that scum!e would have felt more pressure to act and would probably have come up with a big townie-looking reread post by now. This reads pretty relaxed, but still, somewhat scummy.
Ok, e's rereads are looking pretty townie, and I usually hate them.
I noticed e had up'd his output too - I'll look at his posts tonight.

I'm having a lot of trouble reading Jan, and fontisian to a lesser extent. Obviously it's the not-knowing them, but I feel pretty strongly that Melisandre is town despite that now (I know there was that early thing, but every post since then has been super duper townie).
Funny you should mention them - I noted associations-galore between them (could be scum-theatre, could be innocent coincidence, so null on it for D1). I'm unlikely to spend time highlighting the 'uncomfortable' associations between those two slots, but will try to read them individually later.

Someone somewhere asked about my ADK town read : read his huge reads list. Town!ADK is one of the most constructive players on this forum, scum!ADK tries his best, but he goes for much shorter posts, observing things as they go along but rarely simulating an overall view of the game.
I feel like A Drowned Kernel has been going from strength to strength as the game has gone on.
"Napoleon of crime".

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 31, 2016, 01:51:33 pm »

Haddock:

Few posts, but some of them are pretty long. Is tunneling J Reggie pretty hard. His reads seem kind of floaty, like he doesn't quite know where he's landed yet. I would like to see more from him but he's landed on town for now. Status: Wouldn't lynch.

Yeah I'm really struggling to contribute here.  Gonna try to put something in tonight, right now I'm taking a break from writing a talk.

I wanna say: I'm not really tunnelling Reggie, I just voted him a while back and haven't had enough of a coherent thought about this game yet to find someone I really want to vote for.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.