Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 111  All

Author Topic: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 266906 times)

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #2150 on: June 22, 2016, 08:22:21 pm »

Things and stuff.
Dread Empress fontisian (may she never return)
Smooth like Sandpaper

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: June 22, 2016, 08:31:15 pm »

Things and stuff.
Come on. All I do is phone post, it's not that bad. Care to elaborate?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: June 22, 2016, 08:37:17 pm »

That was a laptop post. I'm not answering the question right now, for reasons. I will explain those reason when e gets back. Please continue doing whatever you would be doing if I hadn't made that post.
Smooth like Sandpaper

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: June 22, 2016, 09:32:58 pm »

Things and stuff.
I mean, if you think it's worth it we could make him choose between claiming and being lynched. I might be willing to go along with that depending on how important you think this is.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: June 22, 2016, 10:34:56 pm »

That would be lovely.
Smooth like Sandpaper

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: June 22, 2016, 11:12:02 pm »

Sidenote:
2.71828..... (1): A Drowned Kernel
liopoil (6): Teproc, Haddock, Hydrad, Awaclus, gkrieg13, Roadrunner7671
Jan (2): silverspawn, liopoil
silverspawn (1): Seprix
Seprix (2): fontisian, 2.71828......

Not Voting (4): Ichimaru Gin, Jan, Melisandre, J Reggie

Confirmed two mafia on liopoil, and there's likely another one between the other three. Considering how many wagons they could have been on and pushed, lio is very likely town.
Smooth like Sandpaper

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2156 on: June 22, 2016, 11:31:42 pm »

I mean, some of the stuff I threw out there was to see reactions, but some of it was just plain stupidity, especially the incredibly-meta read on Melis/Teproc N1 kill.

I died?
Also, this is filthy.
Smooth like Sandpaper

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: June 23, 2016, 12:57:21 am »

E, claim your role. Now.

sure, why not.

I am a watching doctor.  I doctor someone and receive the results of who targeted them at night.

N1 I targeted Melisandre.  I received the result that Melisandre was targeted by both Seprix, J Reggie, and myself.  This is one of the reasons that I pursued a Seprix lynch so much.  I believed that Seprix was scum who targeted Melisandre and I shielded Melisandre from that kill.  If it wasn't Seprix, I thought it would could have been J Reggie.  Then everything was turned upside down when they both died and flipped town on N2

N2 I targeted you (fontisian).  I received no result.  Which was really strange to me.  Because N1 I received the result that I had targeted my target myself, so I figured I would at least get myself. I didn't, so possibly roleblocked. 

N3 I did not target anyone because I forgot to submit my action.  It has been a rough few days and I just didn't do it.  No excuses
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: June 23, 2016, 01:45:04 am »

E, I accuse you of making up your reasoning for going after Jan.
vote: Jan

yeah, I totally said I liked Jan's post and didn't really read it all that well.  I saw he made a little case on me and kind of skimmed the rest.  guilty as charged.  But going back and really reading it was enlightening.  I mean, he did the same thing that he called me scummy for.

And yeah, that null-town read I had earlier.  Well, let's switch it to scummy.  I mean, seriously, everything I called him town for I could also call him scum for.  Nice how early reads can progress.  All those questions to get a feel for the game before jumping in exactly where he was comfortable to insure he didn't slip up in an unfamiliar environment.  How is that for twisting around what I said to make it sound scummy?

I accuse you of being the fourth, scummiest vote on the Seprix wagon with no reasoning:
Vote Count 1.2

2.71828..... (1): gkrieg13
Melisandre (2): Teproc, Roadrunner7671
gkrieg13 (1): Ichimaru Gin
Seprix (4): Awaclus, silverspawn, liopoil, 2.71828.....
Roadrunner7671 (2): Jan, Melisandre
Teproc (1): A Drowned Kernel
A Drowned Kernel (3): fontisian, Seprix, J Reggie
Awaclus (1): Hydrad

Not Voting (1): Haddock

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Day 1 ends June 1 at 4:30 pm forum time.
sorry...been really slack here.  I still like my seprix vote.

I accuse you of pushing gkrieg and Hydrad Day 1
Just reread through the thread, and there is a lot there. 

RR seems like his classic self, which means he will reveal himself as scum on D3 (if he is scum).  So let's leave him be for now.
Melisandre seems like a pretty confident player, and has been posting all sorts of stuff, and it has read pretty honest to me.  Town for now
liopoil has a lynch brewing in the future for him if he keeps up with the odd posts and 'traps' and such.  Does he really do that as scum?  not so sure. 
fontisian and Jan are both new with melisandre, and although they haven't been as active, they still exist.  I am fine keeping it that way on D1.
gkrieg is still voting me from rvs despite making cases and rereading people and finding them scummy, so....vote: gkrieg
silverspawn has some big posts and has some cool things down.  Scummy stuff not really. 
I voted for Seprix earlier, and maybe that is just because his current play style makes me think scum.  Which, could be right or could be wrong.  Either way, gkrieg is a better place to vote right now.  He is totally just sitting on a vote to look important and not be sitting at "not voting" status
Hydrad is so very Hydrad.  We can lynch him and RR together on D3 when they both breakdown and claim scum for real
I think Awaclus is very provocative, which can be frustrating...but also good.  He gets useful reactions out of people.
ADK does ADK stuff.  He could be town, but I think gkrieg is the better option right now.
Reggie is cool.  Let's not lynch him
Haddock is over-sensitized to any time that I remotely call him scummy.  Half the time it isn't even real.  I mean, like last game in lylo where I totally found him scummy for everything because I had to.  This half...might actually be a real scum read.
Ichi is town.  Because I said so.
Teproc is scum.  Because
you should reconsider your faust read. pretty sure that guy is some sort of evil overlord with a whole mafia team serving him.

I could get behind that case

But we should lynch his minion gkrieg first.

PPE:2
gkrieg's game has consisted entirely of the following two things:

I like the read/post/etc by X person
I don't like the read/post/etc by Y person

So yeah, a lot of 'input' by gkrieg but nothing that is difficult for him.  Just going off whatever other people say.  I am happy keeping my vote here.
I like Jan's post there.  I don't like his conclusion.  I do agree that hydrad needs some pressure.

vote: hydrad
But not trying to convince anyone of those reads. (Seriously. I looked at all of his posts. There’s nothing until Iguana gets run up at the end of D2, where he starts /defending/ iguana. There’s a little skirmish with gkrieg at the end of D2 but it’s like a couple sentences.)

I accuse you of having one mafia and three town on your wagon, while three potential scum were on the Jan wagon and scum!Hydrad moved to make your wagon larger. In addition, gkrieg did not push your wagon and was on it with a meaningless vote from rvs.
Vote Count 1.9

2.71828..... (4): gkrieg13, Jan, A Drowned Kernel, fontisian
Seprix (1): Awaclus
liopoil (1): Teproc
fontisian (1): Hydrad
Jan (5): silverspawn, liopoil, J Reggie, 2.71828....., Haddock
silverspawn (2): Seprix, Roadrunner7671

Not Voting (2): Melisandre, Ichimaru Gin

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Day 1 ends June 1 at 4:30 pm forum time. That's in 11 hours.

I accuse you of claiming not to like the liopoil wagon multiple times, yet not voting for Hydrad, someone you had already called scummy, when he arose as an alternate wagon:
Vote Count 1.14

2.71828..... (1): A Drowned Kernel
liopoil (7): Teproc, Haddock, Hydrad, Awaclus, gkrieg13, Roadrunner7671, Jan
Seprix (1): 2.71828......
Hydrad (4): silverspawn, liopoil, Seprix, fontisian

Not Voting (3): Ichimaru Gin, Melisandre, J Reggie

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Day 1 ends June 1 at 4:30 pm forum time. That's in 50 minutes.
Perhaps you weren’t around, as you made your last post of the day 20 minutes before. But you didn’t bring up the wagon the next day either.

I thought I was going to be around at the end of the day but got pulled into a meeting at work....new bosses and they are trying to change the duties and responsibilities of my job...so yeah. 

Anyway, since I wasn't a part of it, I will strongly condemn that lynch.  It was absolutely awful.  I know, lynching is important, but that lynch totally felt like scum pushing some last minute lynch away from a different last minute lynch of a partner.

I am going back to vote: Seprix

BTW this setup is probably multiball.

This is also interesting.  RR, do you say that because of the size of the game, or what?  I mean, sure, but you seem fairly confident and I don't see anything that says multiball
Wow, who could the partners have been? Oh wait, they were e and Hydrad. Hydrad and lio were the obvious choice to interrogate here, as the Awaclus wagon popped up in opposition to them, but you didn’t question Hydrad and your partners were already pushing lio.

I accuse you of pushing the Awaclus wagon as scum /because/ there were almost no mafia on it. All of e, gkrieg and Hydrad were off wagon.
And yeah.  Lynching D1 is important.  And yeah, it is easy to sit back on the sidelines and critique the lynch because I wasn't around to vote.  But really.  Throughout the day, Awaclus had 4 other votes.  4.  One was RVS.  Wait, no, they ALL were RVS.  Until the lynch.

We had wagons on Seprix.  We had wagons on Liopoil.  We had wagons on me.  We had wagons on Jan.  We had wagons on ADK.  We had wagons on Hydrad. 

We lynch Awaclus.  My question.  Why?  I can tell you why.  Because he gave off the appearance of being scummy, without being scum.  Basically, the perfect PR game.  No one voted him seriously throughout the game because, well, he didn't do anything to deserve a vote.  But he gave off "that scummy vibe."  Which made it super easy to lynch him with that mob like mentality when people are just voting without really thinking.  Couldn't build a wagon on him, so just mob-lynch him. 

And don't give me any of the excuses that scum wouldn't be involved in this lynch.  The "oh we just had to get a lynch through so it wasn't scummy" is such an easy excuse.  I mean, those last 3 people have almost a scummier position (well, only 2 alive now since Ichi got NKed) because "they held out as long as they could" to see if another lynch was viable.
While admitting the reasoning was false in most cases:
e, what do you think is more likely for scum after having successfully led a mislynch: a.on and claim they definitely got a mafia, b.stop posting or c. express regret so they won't look as bad after the flip?

I think not C (at least up until the lynchee has claimed post-lynch (if they claim)).  A and B are both tricky because there are some people who don't like posting in twilight in general (I used to basically have a firm 'no posting in twilight' stance, but I have been posting in twilight more frequently recently).  I think B slightly over A.
Ok, but you just attacked Seprix and Silver based on the idea that A is more likely than B.

yes I did.  Is there something wrong with that?  I made a rule than found an edge-case for it.  How very f.ds of me.

I accuse you of soft defending Iguana by going after the wagon, when you previously expressed suspicion of the slot:
Not sure what to make of this iguana wagon. The case seems a little...well....fabricated. I will have to go back and look at iguana more carefully
I am confident that scum exists on that wagon, I just have never been too convinced by "scumslip" arguments. Still need to read iguana as a whole and see how he looks
But I think scum!seprix totally jumps onto the argument

I accuse you of waffling about the Iguana lynch until I forced you to vote him:
Reread iguana here and didn't get scum vibes from him.  Which probably means he is scum.  Because I always push a mislynch on him when he is actually town.

Not enough for me to vote him right now, but I might if we haven't had movement somewhere else later on in the day.  And yeah, deadlines late at night...most likely not going to be around.
That goes for the rest of you, too. A lot of us won't be here later. We need the majority on iguana now. (Looking at you e).

you are right.  We at least need to get someone L-1 or something.  We haven't had any productive wagons yet today.

vote: iguana
And, yet, still exploring other angles and hyping your Seprix tunnel:
Iguanaiguana is the person I feel worst about mislynching. I don't know why. If nothing better has appeared by 1:00 AM, I'll probably join. But reluctantly.

We can always do a mass switch to RR at the end of the day....
I accuse you of trying to coach your teammates:
Iphone 1s and the dominion forum do not mix well.

I want iguanaiguana to claim, I won't hammer without it

Hey scum, don't claim and you will never be hammered.  scum!iguana sees this and can decide to (regrettably) miss the rest of the day.
“Iguana, either don’t come back or make sure you fakeclaim pr if you do.”

I accuse you of making a post questioning Iguana’s claim, when everyone around you already saw that he claimed mafia, because you wanted to be seen questioning him:
Ayyyy, lmao.

No hammer, let us discuss.

Unvote
...plain Tracker? That seems odd given what's already flipped.

PPE: oh hey?
trying to post thoughts then reading the PPEs then my posts are out of date.  I will just power this one through though.

That claim had a very pulled-out-of-a-hat feel to it.  I don't know.  Not impressed with iguana's resignation posts here at the end.
He just claimed scum right?

I accuse you of /still/ not really pushing gkrieg. Where’s the vote, punk?
Work has been......interesting. really sorry that I have neglected this game. I feel like gkrieg is the current fad. I remember a D1 scum read of him for some reason. I like WW and Melisandre for their rereads. Mostly finding people townie, which is what it is. Either way, not lynching today.

I used to have a big town read on liopoil, but he has had some posts recently that have mellowed that. Need a targeted reread (as well as being at my computer)  to find them.

But then, like I started, gkrieg seems like a good option for today. Day ends the 20th (Monday), promise to read over the weekend. Do a load of laundry, reread liopoil. Vacuum the floor, reread gkrieg. That sort of thing
“But I totally pushed him d1 guys!”

Oh here it is.
and we need wagons

vote: liopoil
On the likely town guy.

I accuse you of still pushing the Awaclus thing despite the fact that everyone who was around voted Awaclus to make sure a lynch happened. Being around at the deadline is not scum indicative.

Oh, and you claimed a role that's 1.way too powerful and 2.incompatible with mine. I'm an even night tracker. I tracked lio n2. He didn't target anyone.

You're scum e. Prepare to die.
Smooth like Sandpaper

fontisian

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: June 23, 2016, 01:57:51 am »

Well, I'm going to bed.

Write back soon.

<3 - fonti
Smooth like Sandpaper

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: June 23, 2016, 02:15:23 am »

Oh, and you claimed a role that's 1.way too powerful and 2.incompatible with mine. I'm an even night tracker. I tracked lio n2. He didn't target anyone.

1. ok
2. I do not understand how this is incompatible with your role.  There is no contradiction.  I am a watcher, not a tracker.  I watched you and no one else targeted you.

Thank you for getting excited about mislynching me though.  It was a good case that I enjoyed reading immensely.  There was a lot there about my position on Seprix.  I wanted to lynch Seprix in part due to my result.  So when I was faced with the Awaclus wagon and was looking at Seprix/silverspawn, I went for Seprix. 

You also post things that make me look like I was pseudo-tunneling gkrieg without any real action against him, which yeah.  Pick any few posts and you can do that.  And you also quote the vote count 1.14, adding the bit about me not being around possibly.  I wasn't. 

Then there is some iguana stuff.  Also, since you quote it, that quote about a mass switch to RR was very much a meta joke about previous games and lynching RR needlessly.

My post questioning iguana was slightly over a minute after he posted his scum claim.  I had not seen it.  There had been a flurry of posts at the time and I was trying to stay up to date before posting then I quit trying and just posted what I was thinking. 

still pushing the Awaclus thing....because it is a thing.  Being around at deadline is not scum-indicative, but it isn't town-indicative either.  It just means you were around.  The way everything shifted to Awaclus I thought (and still think) was awful and scummy.

Bed for now.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: June 23, 2016, 10:01:22 am »

Are you saying you don' think there would be a Tracker and Watcher in the same game?  Or that him not having an even/odd modifier is inconsistent?

What roles have we seen so far?

Modified Multiple User Personality  (I guess something like http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Multiple_User_Personality; I've never seen the role before)
Forensic Investigating Vigilante ( I guess http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Forensic_Investigator; can learn who has targetted a player during the game after the player dies)
Consultant Detective (Some kind of Cop/Cop variant)
Neighborizing Jailkeeper

And one Mafia role:
Even-Night (Ninja Bus Driver)

Claims:
Watching Doctor
Even-Night Tracker

Having both a Jailkeeper and a Doctor is iffy. 

Font, you're just an Even-Night Tracker?  No other modifications?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: June 23, 2016, 10:09:42 am »

I confirm that I did not target anybody on night 2. That confirms fontisian is some sort of tracker for real, since that would be a lucky guess otherwise.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M79: Sherlock Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2163 on: June 23, 2016, 10:10:07 am »

I mean, some of the stuff I threw out there was to see reactions, but some of it was just plain stupidity, especially the incredibly-meta read on Melis/Teproc N1 kill.

I died?
Also, this is filthy.

What does this mean?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: June 23, 2016, 10:10:44 am »

I confirm that I did not target anybody on night 2. That confirms fontisian is some sort of tracker for real, since that would be a lucky guess otherwise.

Or that you two are a separate faction.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: June 23, 2016, 10:11:22 am »

Theory time: Fontisian is a scum tracker, and Iguanaiguana was put on the spot so he claimed tracker because it was the first thing he thought of, seeing as he already knew of a tracker.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: June 23, 2016, 10:12:11 am »

Theory time: Fontisian is a scum tracker, and Iguanaiguana was put on the spot so he claimed tracker because it was the first thing he thought of, seeing as he already knew of a tracker.

.. I doubt that.  I don't think it adds up. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: June 23, 2016, 10:12:49 am »

Wait, did Font respond to Iguana claiming tracker?  Also I thought he said he was VT.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: June 23, 2016, 10:13:19 am »

It adds up perfectly, it's just out of the box.
Vote: Fontisian

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: June 23, 2016, 10:13:34 am »

E, claim your role. Now.

sure, why not.

I am a watching doctor.  I doctor someone and receive the results of who targeted them at night.

N1 I targeted Melisandre.  I received the result that Melisandre was targeted by both Seprix, J Reggie, and myself.  This is one of the reasons that I pursued a Seprix lynch so much.  I believed that Seprix was scum who targeted Melisandre and I shielded Melisandre from that kill.  If it wasn't Seprix, I thought it would could have been J Reggie.  Then everything was turned upside down when they both died and flipped town on N2

N2 I targeted you (fontisian).  I received no result.  Which was really strange to me.  Because N1 I received the result that I had targeted my target myself, so I figured I would at least get myself. I didn't, so possibly roleblocked. 

N3 I did not target anyone because I forgot to submit my action.  It has been a rough few days and I just didn't do it.  No excuses
Well that N3 sure is convenient huh.

What were Seprix and J Reggie? Let me check...

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: June 23, 2016, 10:14:03 am »

Okay here it is:

It's also entirely possible for iguana's reaction to silver to be real and iguana still be scum, if silver got any of the details wrong.

But I appreciate you taking a stand.

@Iguanaiguana You are at L-1. You will claim in your next post.

Tracker. No fricken result. Hydrad didn't submit a night action. : (

Who did you intend to track?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: June 23, 2016, 10:14:34 am »

I have a cop result!!!!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: June 23, 2016, 10:15:14 am »

.. we're pretty late in the game for this kind of voting. 

PPE: uh.. okay

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: June 23, 2016, 10:15:43 am »

I thought you wantsd to lynch e
Scum watcher is much more common, and it explains the J Reggie and Seprix kills

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: June 23, 2016, 10:16:20 am »

It's not a cop result, but it's something similar.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 111  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 19 queries.