Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 274  All

Author Topic: The Necro Wars  (Read 347957 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: The Necro Wars
« Reply #4025 on: July 17, 2022, 06:43:19 am »

They gave the crackers to young children as well. They were free of sin or defilment

What about the wine?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: July 17, 2022, 07:53:58 am »

wasn't mentioned. I guess just Jesus body is enough.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: July 17, 2022, 03:51:15 pm »

aaand I've passed 15k words :-)

The story is super easy to write because i can just go with the flow of the book and rewrite every scene the way I like. So much easier than if you have to make up stuff yourself.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: July 18, 2022, 02:58:24 pm »

I wish I could un-read on the wiki that Hermione is supposed to be the Minister of Magic sometime after the books end. What a terrible idea. I think all of the canon Rowling made up after book 7 is awful.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: July 19, 2022, 06:37:12 am »

Whenever there's something like a USB stick with a removable lid, a key chain with a button that makes a satisfying click, or any other utility item with an in-built mechanism to do something, people will often play around with the mechanism endlessly, sometimes to the point of ruining it. This suggests that there should be demand for products that have only the mechanism but not the functionality. Where are the dummy USB sticks that don't work but have a lid with an incredibly satisfying clicking sound?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: July 19, 2022, 06:38:16 am »

I wonder what is the physical optimum for how addicting such a mechanism could be. what an optimization problem!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: July 19, 2022, 07:29:45 am »

If digital computers just aren't going to reach human level intelligence ever, then aging becomes a far more pressing concern, and I'm suddenly horrified at the realization that I'm 28. How did that even happen?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: July 19, 2022, 07:31:13 am »

Time to share Anti Aging: State of the Art

Also I'm gonna look a bit into ways to slow down the process. I may not require this particular clump of cells for my continued existence, but I'd still rather have it be in good condition

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: July 19, 2022, 09:19:40 am »

So ETH went up ~40% in the last couple of days. Based on a simple extrapolation of this trend, I ought to be a millionaire in no time!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: July 19, 2022, 09:55:29 am »

Whenever there's something like a USB stick with a removable lid, a key chain with a button that makes a satisfying click, or any other utility item with an in-built mechanism to do something, people will often play around with the mechanism endlessly, sometimes to the point of ruining it. This suggests that there should be demand for products that have only the mechanism but not the functionality. Where are the dummy USB sticks that don't work but have a lid with an incredibly satisfying clicking sound?
Isn't that what a fidget spinner is?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4035 on: July 19, 2022, 09:56:27 am »

So ETH went up ~40% in the last couple of days. Based on a simple extrapolation of this trend, I ought to be a millionaire in no time!

Me too! I'll lose the bet though but who gives a ShiT at that point.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: July 19, 2022, 10:02:07 am »

Isn't that what a fidget spinner is?

Apparently so! Didn't know of them, but may buy a few.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4037 on: July 19, 2022, 10:18:18 am »

Didn't know of them

You would have known of them if you had read the news.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4038 on: July 19, 2022, 10:26:05 am »

Goddamn these YouTube thumbnails are stupid sometimes. This one in particular was so ShiTty that it made me actively want to not click on the video to watch it (and indeed I didn't, I watched some other ones instead).

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4039 on: July 19, 2022, 10:27:31 am »

Like holy ShiT, it's a product comparison between different options that are all presumably at least decent but in different ways. Nobody is ever going to believe there is anything worthy of that reaction in the video.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: July 19, 2022, 11:39:14 am »

Didn't know of them

Ok, but think of all the things you could have done instead if you hadn't watched the news

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4041 on: July 19, 2022, 11:42:26 am »

Didn't know of them

Ok, but think of all the things you could have done instead if you hadn't watched the news

I'd rather think of all the things I could have done instead if I hadn't gone to school.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4042 on: July 19, 2022, 11:42:46 am »

E.g. I could have watched more news! Amazing.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: July 19, 2022, 12:02:05 pm »

Calling my bank. How many minutes you reckon I need to click myself through the automatons to talk to a human?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: July 19, 2022, 12:02:30 pm »

waiting time included

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: July 19, 2022, 12:10:54 pm »

well it was 11 minutes

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: July 19, 2022, 12:22:33 pm »

So here is the embarrassing sequence of events that led to me calling my bank. I'm taking this as a valuable life lesson.

1. I want to download Pink from Ray.

2. I search for a legal way to do that, like a bandcamp. But there is none. Seems like no way to purchase the album through English sites. Can you imagine not being able to pay for an album? What an upside down world.

3. I find an illegal download. It gives me a zip

4. The zip unpacks. Inside is another zip. The second zip is password protected. There is also a text file there. "The password is here: http:// tinybit.cc /1aee02f9"

5. I click on http:// tinybit.cc /1aee02f9

6. It tells me to complete one in a couple of stupid options like taking part in lottery games or whatnot. I make the mistake to try.

7. I enter my data into a form to win some kind of bs. Thought it was harmless since it said participation is free. I'll get a couple of spam emails, whatevs.

Unnumbered: This does not cause me to receive the password. I download the album through a youtube downloader & converter instead.

8. I get a call from a guy who tells me I've won. crap  :(

9. By winning, I'm also required to purchase some kind of magazine for 2 years. He tells me about awesome prices that I will win. The worst one is already worth more than the price of the magazine. Hooray!  :'(

10. Like the total idiot that I am, I tell him my IMDB. He made it sound like I had to. Can't be rude to someone on the phone.

11. I call my dad whose is a retired lawyer for help. He tells me to call the bank

I think I can get out of this, but otherwise it will be the most expensive album I've purchased yet.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 12:29:26 pm by faust »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: July 19, 2022, 12:24:37 pm »

My saviness drops from whatever it was before to about a 0.2 when I'm talking to someone on the phone rather than per mail

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: July 19, 2022, 12:30:16 pm »

So here is the embarrassing sequence of events that led to me calling my bank. I'm taking this as a valuable life lesson.
I've gone and modified away the links in this, just to be safe.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4049 on: July 19, 2022, 01:11:30 pm »

10. Like the total idiot that I am, I tell him my IMDB. He made it sound like I had to. Can't be rude to someone on the phone.

Why did he need your Internet Movie Database?

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 274  All

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 20 queries.