Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276]  All

Author Topic: The Necro Wars  (Read 378971 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: The Necro Wars
« Reply #6875 on: June 20, 2024, 07:57:36 pm »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: June 25, 2024, 05:24:26 am »

My attempt to draw a cylinder with a crack on one side in inkscape. this kind of 3d stuff is actually so difficult

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: June 28, 2024, 04:38:30 am »

It is now time to panic. Everyone, you may spend the next two minutes running around in a circle screaming

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: June 28, 2024, 04:53:14 am »

I should have listened to Nate Silver. Speaking of whom, https://www.natesilver.net/p/joe-biden-should-drop-out

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: June 29, 2024, 07:25:48 pm »

Well Biden has been an amazing president, but now he has a chance to make everything wrong. All he needs to do is not drop out.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (。 ω 。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #6880 on: June 30, 2024, 05:14:49 am »

Well Biden has been an amazing president, but now he has a chance to make everything wrong. All he needs to do is not drop out.

It's fine if he wins, though. The only problem is that he's the Democrat with the worst chances of winning.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: July 01, 2024, 06:17:58 am »

I can't play but the virtual dominion thread is a really genius idea. It's like a never ending puzzle that naturally extends with each move.

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: July 01, 2024, 09:38:38 am »

Thanks!
A couple of years ago I thought about it as a competitive game with penalty points if you ended the turn. But it's probably better non-competitive.

Your "can't play" is because of not wanting to become familiar with anything post-Menagerie?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: July 01, 2024, 10:01:52 am »

Your "can't play" is because of not wanting to become familiar with anything post-Menagerie?

yeah

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6885 on: July 06, 2024, 06:28:10 am »

No relation to anything on the forum, but I think one thing I would add to my top 10 annoying things list is people responding to the vibe of what you said rather than the thing itself. Like whenever you say something unusual -- unusually optimistic, cynical, optimistic, pessimistic, self-loathing, whatever -- then unless the person you're talking to is autistic (yay autism!) they're more likely than not going to think that you intended the subtext and will reply assuming so

but sometimes I just have takes that are very cynical because some aspects of the world really suck! Sometimes the cynical position is correct! That doesn't mean I like cynicism for the sake of it, it just means I happened to reach a cynical position on a particular topic!

you actually just gotta go through great lenghts to signal that you don't intend the subtext in those cases. Stating this explicitly is not enough because sometimes people communicate a subtext while claiming that what they're saying is not about the subtext, and people accurate assess that it's about the subtext anyway

The thing that makes this such an issue is that the instinct to focus on the subtext is usually correct. So in some sense you can't fault people for doing, but by god is it annoying. But yeah you either need to signal really hard that you're not in fact trying to make a vibe statement, or find someone autistic to talk to.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: July 06, 2024, 06:29:40 am »

People on this forum are actually really good about not doing this; people in other contexts but less so

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: July 06, 2024, 06:29:57 am »

much less so

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (。 ω 。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #6888 on: July 06, 2024, 09:05:26 am »

No relation to anything on the forum, but I think one thing I would add to my top 10 annoying things list

I'm sorry to hear that you're annoyed in a generic way that has no relation to the rest of your post, which I ignored.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276]  All

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.