Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 273  All

Author Topic: The Necro Wars  (Read 346814 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: The Necro Wars
« Reply #2950 on: March 12, 2022, 06:10:07 am »

that's a good point. So even if the community skews left, the extreme right could still be over-represented

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: March 12, 2022, 08:07:13 am »

Take an arbitrary quantity. Make an arbitrary estimate for how large it is.

You may think your estimate was bad. However, the average natural number is at least an octillion orders of magnitude farther away from both the quantity and the estimate than they are apart from each other. So actually your estimate was amazing!

In fact, literally every natural number is an amazing estimate by the same logic! I have rediscovered postmodernism in math! #infinity

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: March 12, 2022, 04:45:53 pm »

Just listening to an interview with Maxime Vachier Lagrave (world class chess player), who said he spends 90% on openings.

That actually surprises me. I don't quite get why you can't just only study the english opening and therefore get away with ~15% as much theory as other people, and then spend far more time on tactics

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: March 12, 2022, 04:46:06 pm »

That is, 90% of practice time

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: March 12, 2022, 04:49:10 pm »

Also that's really sad. Sounds like chess is just about the worst possible game to play at world class level at

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: March 13, 2022, 01:29:29 pm »

Can normal, non-mathy people be expected to know what a polyhedron is? Probably not, right?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2956 on: March 13, 2022, 05:14:27 pm »

Can normal, non-mathy people be expected to know what a polyhedron is? Probably not, right?

I can figure out what it is because I know what poly means and I know d4s are tetrahedrons (because that is a fact about d4s that I just happen to randomly know), but my mathiness level isn't sufficient to be familiar enough with the term to understand it without going through this line of thought. So yeah, I wouldn't count on the average person knowing it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: March 14, 2022, 01:31:25 pm »

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1503327421839417344

Everything else aside, I'm pretty sure challenging someone about something only makes sense if you can pay that something. Elon obviously can't make Ukraine surrender, so this does not make any sense.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2958 on: March 14, 2022, 03:35:08 pm »

Everything else aside, I'm pretty sure challenging someone about something only makes sense if you can pay that something. Elon obviously can't make Ukraine surrender, so this does not make any sense.

Well, it's obviously a joke. As far as I can tell, not a very good one.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: March 14, 2022, 05:09:52 pm »

Well, it's obviously a joke.

I thought so too but

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1503336791029522433

I mean maybe this is also a joke but if so this is definitely not something you should do.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: March 14, 2022, 06:15:21 pm »

this is so weird. First, russian manager of space associated tech is posting absolutely cringe memes, then Mask is doing weird shit and Chechnya overlord is replying to him. What kind of timeline is this
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: March 14, 2022, 06:16:33 pm »

Also I have definitely decided to become a junior IT guy and man am I motivated. Everything goes to hell and none of my skills are really needed in other countries, because I can't do things better than the guys they already have. Shame. I had a good career in Russia, my own business and stuff

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: March 14, 2022, 06:17:45 pm »

@silverspawn if you don't mind I would use this thread as some kind of personal diary as well. Not as often as you, of course. I am also ok with opening my own thread if you do mind! Wouldn't want to steal the spotlight or anything

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: March 14, 2022, 06:20:51 pm »

definitely go ahead

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: March 14, 2022, 06:21:36 pm »

so what does IT guy mean, are you going to study or do you already have the skill set

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: March 14, 2022, 06:27:35 pm »

I really have the emotional empathy of a psychopath. terrible things can happen to people around me and I feel nothing, but I'm still working to overcome my empathy when e.g. bullying people in a poker lategame, and there are other board games I can't play because I feel sorry for people who are unlucky. It's a good thing I don't base my morality on that.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: March 14, 2022, 06:38:04 pm »

Thank you!

Today is the first day I am not in some kind of a rush of finding apartments, jobs, friends, etc. We have found an apartment in a very smol village in Armenia and we are now living here, I guess. My life turned upside down very unexpectedly because of actions of one man, and this was outrageous, now it's just fascinating what I am able to do. Of course I can't tell what happens tomorrow and it's so, so hard to try to plan anything, but I try to. The next short term plan is having my cats transferred here (end of March, I guess, they need to be treated and vaccinated first) and the long-term plan is trying to find myself in a big world of IT, because I know a lot of stuff, but can't do a lot of stuff, it's all theoretical and a product of couple online courses I took here or there just for my own amusement.

This all feels very derealizing (is this a word?) and sometimes I think "Am I just dreaming?" but the more time goes on the more I understand I need to adapt hard, or I'll just lose myself.

The other good fact I realized about myself is how easy it is for me to ask for help and to receive help. My wife is very reluctant and she is strongly independent, which means a lot to her. But I still believe that if a person lets us sleep in their house even if today was the day we met and this person is a friend of a friend of a friend, it's totally ok to sleep in their apartment instead of frantically looking for something we can afford right now.This made our last two weeks much easier.

The other curious thing is that my friends and relatives are always doubting their or my decisions to leave as overreactive and that happens to a lot of russians who left the country as I can see, but strangely I do not doubt that decision in a slightest. I have never believed that this would be resolved in days and I knew that following the war there would be dire consequences for everyone in the country who is not a brainwashed zombie. And we can see that now, people who try to speak up are treated very, VERY harshly. I don't want to give details about that but the more it goes the more people get very scared for their own lives. I don't believe myself to have a strong internet presence, as I only use Telegram for talking and Twitter for reading (haven't posted for years), but now police stops people on the streets, demands them to unlock the phone and read their Telegram chats. So however quiet I may be, my country is not safe for me any more. And I didn't think this trip that's happening now would be short. So no doubts = more mental health for me, I guess.

I have thought about putting all these thoughts somewhere and I have decided fds to be the best place to do so, because I needed a place where I know most people are not inside of what's happening and have a somewhat good impression of me, I guess.

Don't know how to finish, everything is weird.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: March 14, 2022, 06:44:03 pm »

Oh also, I have never been to Armenia and I didn't really know anything about this country for that matter. Also their language is hard, even the letters are neither latin nor cyrillic and they have 39 letters! But people are surprisingly understanding and helpful (outside of realtors, who skyrocketed the prices for everything)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2968 on: March 14, 2022, 07:35:11 pm »

Thank you!

Today is the first day I am not in some kind of a rush of finding apartments, jobs, friends, etc. We have found an apartment in a very smol village in Armenia and we are now living here, I guess. My life turned upside down very unexpectedly because of actions of one man, and this was outrageous, now it's just fascinating what I am able to do. Of course I can't tell what happens tomorrow and it's so, so hard to try to plan anything, but I try to. The next short term plan is having my cats transferred here (end of March, I guess, they need to be treated and vaccinated first) and the long-term plan is trying to find myself in a big world of IT, because I know a lot of stuff, but can't do a lot of stuff, it's all theoretical and a product of couple online courses I took here or there just for my own amusement.

This all feels very derealizing (is this a word?) and sometimes I think "Am I just dreaming?" but the more time goes on the more I understand I need to adapt hard, or I'll just lose myself.

The other good fact I realized about myself is how easy it is for me to ask for help and to receive help. My wife is very reluctant and she is strongly independent, which means a lot to her. But I still believe that if a person lets us sleep in their house even if today was the day we met and this person is a friend of a friend of a friend, it's totally ok to sleep in their apartment instead of frantically looking for something we can afford right now.This made our last two weeks much easier.

The other curious thing is that my friends and relatives are always doubting their or my decisions to leave as overreactive and that happens to a lot of russians who left the country as I can see, but strangely I do not doubt that decision in a slightest. I have never believed that this would be resolved in days and I knew that following the war there would be dire consequences for everyone in the country who is not a brainwashed zombie. And we can see that now, people who try to speak up are treated very, VERY harshly. I don't want to give details about that but the more it goes the more people get very scared for their own lives. I don't believe myself to have a strong internet presence, as I only use Telegram for talking and Twitter for reading (haven't posted for years), but now police stops people on the streets, demands them to unlock the phone and read their Telegram chats. So however quiet I may be, my country is not safe for me any more. And I didn't think this trip that's happening now would be short. So no doubts = more mental health for me, I guess.

I have thought about putting all these thoughts somewhere and I have decided fds to be the best place to do so, because I needed a place where I know most people are not inside of what's happening and have a somewhat good impression of me, I guess.

Don't know how to finish, everything is weird.

That sounds like a crazy situation and I can't really even imagine what it's like for you right now, but somehow I find it very easy to believe that it was the right choice to leave Russia. I hope things work out for you in the long run.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: March 15, 2022, 05:10:51 am »

thank you! I do believe so, yes

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: March 15, 2022, 05:12:22 am »

good thing is, I legally may stay here for 180 days, which is a lot by itself, but after that I must leave for 24 hours into any country and return for 180 days and so on

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: March 15, 2022, 05:13:06 am »

also my passport is due 2031

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: March 15, 2022, 06:33:05 am »

apropos of nothing, but this is a hilarious button

not even out of context; it is actually about buying status

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: March 15, 2022, 09:10:18 am »

so how strong is the +1 card throne room?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: March 15, 2022, 09:18:51 am »

so how strong is the +1 card throne room?

strong when you chain them

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 273  All

Page created in 1.664 seconds with 19 queries.