Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Does University let you gain Estate which inherits something?  (Read 3423 times)

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile

I think this answer is no because Estate is not an Action card when I would gain it. Right?

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
Re: Does University let you gain Estate which inherits something?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 01:01:48 am »
+3

I think this answer is no because Estate is not an Action card when I would gain it. Right?
University can't get those Estates. Estate isn't an Action card yet; it becomes one if you gain it, which means when-gain abilities trigger, but it isn't one when you are picking the card.

wachsmuth

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +347
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 11:16:07 am »

I presume then that they also can not be gained by Disciple, Procession, Stonemason overpay or Summon.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 12:49:43 pm »
+4

I presume then that they also can not be gained by Disciple, Procession, Stonemason overpay or Summon.

Disciple does, the estate's in the supply are still copies of the one you played.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1609
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 01:39:04 pm »
+1

Disciple does, the estate's in the supply are still copies of the one you played.

So a copy of a card means a card with the same name as that card? As opposed to an exact copy, abilities and all? I guess this makes sense in game, but I wouldn't consider a document named Secret Stuff containing nuclear launch codes to be a copy of a document named Secret Stuff containing my diary.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5161
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 07:11:25 am »
+2

So a copy of a card means a card with the same name as that card? As opposed to an exact copy, abilities and all? I guess this makes sense in game, but I wouldn't consider a document named Secret Stuff containing nuclear launch codes to be a copy of a document named Secret Stuff containing my diary.

I love to imagine that the nuclear launch codes are contained in a doucment titled "Secret Stuff".
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 08:28:42 am »
+1

Yes, this is also why you can Smuggle Provinces with cost reduction.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 12:23:55 pm »
+1

I love to imagine that the nuclear launch codes are contained in a doucment titled "Secret Stuff".

I think having that information in a document titled "My Diary" is even better.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +263
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 06:37:24 am »

I think having that information in a document titled "My Diary" is even better.

And the content is the actual diary of someone, which is also the nuclear launch codes.

Eran of Arcadia

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +514
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 01:41:27 pm »

And the front cover is a sparkly unicorn.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 2.138 seconds with 20 queries.