Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 83  All

Author Topic: M78: Insomnia Mafia- Game Over, Scum Wins!  (Read 179844 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M78: Insomnia Mafia- Day Five
« Reply #1975 on: April 19, 2016, 05:20:52 am »

Not that it matters much. Any scum team not including Hydrad would have had enough time to orchestrate a quickhammer by now.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: April 19, 2016, 05:24:15 am »

Given Egork's and S_P's tremendous activity, I kinda doubt it.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: April 19, 2016, 05:24:43 am »

Also this is only true if you're town. Fair enough, but you know.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: April 19, 2016, 05:26:58 am »

Speaking of inactivity, I'm just not going to do a full reread. I could maybe find the time, but I'm not super interested in 20 pages of bickering. So I'll do targeted rereads ofpeople whose alignment are in doubt... by which I mean I'm not rereading faust, and if that loses us the game because he's somehow town I'm very sorry, but I'll live with that.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: April 19, 2016, 05:27:53 am »

Given Egork's and S_P's tremendous activity, I kinda doubt it.

Maybe not Egor, with his QT access problems.  But scott/you I think would have planned ahead for this and would have been ready to hammer. And I don't think Egor is scum anyway.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: April 19, 2016, 05:28:26 am »

Speaking of inactivity, I'm just not going to do a full reread. I could maybe find the time, but I'm not super interested in 20 pages of bickering. So I'll do targeted rereads ofpeople whose alignment are in doubt... by which I mean I'm not rereading faust, and if that loses us the game because he's somehow town I'm very sorry, but I'll live with that.

How convenient.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: April 19, 2016, 05:29:28 am »

Question for you: if Hydrad were to flip scum, would you then reconsider your read on me?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: April 19, 2016, 05:30:40 am »

Convenient how ? I could reread you and say you're clearly scum, I've done that already... I just don't think I'm capable of changing my mind on this anymore, so I won't waste time.

In fact, vote: faust as a prelude.

PPE : Unlikely. Maybe. I doubt it. I'm not reconsidering it today in any case.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: April 19, 2016, 05:34:14 am »

Convenient how ? I could reread you and say you're clearly scum, I've done that already... I just don't think I'm capable of changing my mind on this anymore, so I won't waste time.

Convenient because you know there's nothing out that that supports your read on me.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: April 19, 2016, 05:35:59 am »

Funny. I reread you in day 3 or 4 I think, and made my case there. That you haven't been lynched is frankly a miracle (for you) as your posts might as well all be "HI I'M SCUM HOW'S IT GOING", so I don't really need to make a case, I just need whichever townie is too sleepy to realise this to wake the hell up.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: April 19, 2016, 05:37:58 am »

Like, all game I've been pointing out the way you are constantly manipulating and outright lying about stuff, and no one seems to really care. It's like no one's ever played with town!faust before, because they should know this is not it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: April 19, 2016, 05:38:32 am »

How anyone can think any post you make is anywhere near genuine is frnakly beyond me.

Do you see why i'm not interested in reading you now ? Ok.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: April 19, 2016, 05:39:12 am »

Funny. I reread you in day 3 or 4 I think, and made my case there. That you haven't been lynched is frankly a miracle (for you) as your posts might as well all be "HI I'M SCUM HOW'S IT GOING", so I don't really need to make a case, I just need whichever townie is too sleepy to realise this to wake the hell up.

Sure. This is exactly how I play as scum. That is probably why I won the "scum player of the year" award.

I think your "case" was basically quoting two posts from me and then saying "I don't even need to continue, it's obvious from this".

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: April 19, 2016, 05:41:01 am »

Sure. This is exactly how I play as scum. That is probably why I won the "scum player of the year" award.

I think your "case" was basically quoting two posts from me and then saying "I don't even need to continue, it's obvious from this".

Well, you are going to win, so...

Besides you're a much better town than scum player, and if this is a town performance from you, it's by far (and yes I do remember DWII) your worst.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: April 19, 2016, 05:42:25 am »

Besides you're a much better town than scum player, and if this is a town performance from you, it's by far (and yes I do remember DWII) your worst.

Likewise.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: April 19, 2016, 05:43:48 am »

Oh, if we are both town we are beyond horrible at this game, that's for sure.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: April 19, 2016, 06:12:27 am »

Speaking of Hydrad.

Day 1

Theory talk.

huh. While sleeping you guys did like 3 pages...

So I've caught up and I guess I'll do a mini post of what I thought.

So basically WW does his slip thing. I first think nothing of it.

Then people start making points to it and I'm like hey this is ok I could do a day 1 lynch for this.

Then people keep making even more points for it and I'm like dang did we catch day 1 scum here?

And then egork comes out of nowhere and makes me think oh... So unless WW is a god of slipping I think hes town. And I think egork is town as well then because if WW is town I think scum!egork would or kept quiet.

If WW flips scum I'd have to revisit that but right now i think both are town.

PPE:7

calm down you guys (I've updated this PPE thing like 3 times...)

Speaking of faust's constant lying in this game, another example. When faust reread Hydrad, he said this post was agreeing with the consensus about WW and Egork being town. Patently false again ! No one mentions Egork being townie for pointing out WW's slip before this post (I personally don't think he is, but whatever).

This is also a constructive post. scum!Hydrad is not this constructive. Never. He hedges on everything and only has vague things to say : this is Hydrad taking a strong position as day 1 is barely starting. This is not scum!Hydrad, it just isn't.

But let's continue.

ADK isn't online and I don't know where we stand either, so I'll do one

RR:   gkrieg, limetime, yuma
limetime:   2.7, rr
ww:   ss, teproc
yuma:   ww
scott:   faust
teproc:   scott

I think this is where we are at

ah thanks.

Vote: RR

That's significantly less townie.

hmm so RR almost got lynched kinda. thats interesting. He claimed. And while people are annoyed at him it seems to have partly done its job so you can't fully blame him.

Although there seems to be a decent chance he would still be fine even if he didn't claim. So I guess we will never know.

Scummy.

The Joseph vote is less scummy (everyone was wanting to lynch Joseph, Hydrad not restating what everyone else was saying is understandable).

Day 2

ok so anyways. we are assuming Joeseph was a doctor right. If he wasn't and the doctors targetted someone other then the IC I think doctors should claim anyways as there is almost certainly a scum in your group.

The only other option is if scum either cancelled the doctor or they got roleblocked. Oh I guess they could of just not used the power either. But that would be kinda the first point where scum knew that the power wasn't used kinda thing.

So for now lets assume hes the doctor.

I guess we are at a base 50% that scum knew Joseph was a doctor by having 1 in each room.

uhhhh. I have no idea how to calculate the fact of having a scum in the doctor room... probably like another 30% or something? hmm thats just a guess from my head though.

ok so both are high chances.

But even if scum has the 1-1-1 setup there is a high chance that one of the 1's is in the doctor room still. So ya I feel like lynching from doctor is good today.

although then we might need a claim kinda thing. I think its best if only doctors claim but I guess hold off on that as someone might point something out to me and change my mind.

Not a super strong argument, but not one scum wants people to believe in certainly.

Vote: Limetime

I still think going after doctors is the correct choice.

Second vote on Limetime at that point, making him a competing wagon to me.

Vote: Limetime

I still think going after doctors is the correct choice.

Why? The doc part. Not why WW...

I think the odds are the best for finding scum there basically.

And again. I Am going to ask why?

hmm. i guess if I was scum I wouldn't have caught onto Josephs semi claim there and trusted it enough to make the shot. So I just feel like scum probably was more certain to be able to do that. But maybe I'm just bad at the game :P

See, the thing is I can see scum!Hydrad playing dumb like this : maybe he didn't notice it but his partners did, so he's using that to lie. But I don't know why he'd do that to justify a bus ?

hi gkreig!

Vote: gkrieg

The vote reset could have been a way for Hydrad to get out of his bus (Limetime had 4 votes before the reset, so the wagon was threatening), but he stays on. Don't think scum!Hydrad is known for heavy bussing, will have to check on that.

oh boy... i should of jumped on RR before everyones at L-1. Now its actually my choice. This is annoying.

I'm still feeling like hitting RR though.

faust finds this scummybecause Hydrad's position on me was pretty clear (town), and he had expressed suspicion of RR multiple times before. Sure. But, as someone who was in a similar position, the RR wagon made me dislike the lynch more and more, and feel like RR was pretty much a default lynch... it was better than me, but I wasn't super enthusiastic about it, and I think this is where Hydrad's coming from here. I'm putting this down as null.

OH I was just about to vote gkrieg and then someone said it was l-1 now what do I do :(

When did you get here?

Just when I posted that pretty much.

Seems like gkrieg is the lynch today. Vote: ww then

oh I thought there were more vote: gkrieg

This is plain weird. Of course WW was an obvious target for scum theoretically, so that first one seems like deflection... but then why not stick with it (gkrieg was clearly going to be lynched there, the only reason he had ess votes was because people wanted time to reread) ? Especially given that Hydrad had bussed hard the previous day ? It doesn't really make sense, and that's townie in the case of Hydrad I think.

OH I was just about to vote gkrieg and then someone said it was l-1 now what do I do :(

When did you get here?

I don't get this

At the time I thought gkrieg was already L1 and stuff. So I was curious if others would jump ship or try to push you wagon if I made one. But then I saw the gkrieg only had 2 votes so I went him instead

When did you get here?

I don't get this

At the time I thought gkrieg was already L1 and stuff. So I was curious if others would jump ship or try to push you wagon if I made one. But then I saw the gkrieg only had 2 votes so I went him instead

Curious... why?  What did you expect to happen?

Ok so basically I don't like it when there is only one lunch possibility as I think it goes us like 0 info. As scum can go along with it if it's in town and get no blame really. So I like having a second wagon to make people actually choose which one they want to go into and we can get more info. Like say gkrieg is town and you scum or vice versa. If the wagon is only on gkrieg scum either goes oh cool free town lunch. Or they go well guess I'll bus my teammate. But if I make a second wagon on you then they have to choose between oh maybe I can save gkrieg by killing ww or. Oh let's try to get some cred by not being in gkriegs wagon.

So really it gives us more things to analyze I think and I think that helps us out. Does that answer the question?

See ? Why would scum do this, especially when gkrieg is scum and super likely to be lynched ?

If we are doing wanna lynch kinda thing. Heres mine. Although I feel like I just said this a bit ago.

Faust > egork > SS > S_P > Teproc.

WW I don't want to lynch today as I feel like if he is town he might get killed tonight or something. But If I did lynch him he would be behind egork.

Oh yeah, this. I was kinda furious at Hydrad for mentioning it, because I was thinking the exact same thing : I actually thought WW had a good chance of being scum, but didn't want him to be a big subject of discussion because if he was town he would definitely be killed. The more we talked about it being scum, the less strong this argument would be, because scum could conceivably try to frame him, maybe. So I do think Hydrad is being anti-town there, but I also thinks his reasoning is not something scum thinks about, not during the day.

Right, so Hydrad is town. There's some scummy stuff on day 1, but it gets easily overshadowed by the rest (and day 1 starts off very townie).

It also helps that he's someone who was resisting the silverspawn/teproc choice on day 4. Now you (speaking to the PGO townie here) don't know this of course, but scum had to be in control of lynches in day 4, because it ended with two townies at L-1. I guess it comes back to thinking faust is scum, but really you should be thinking that anyway, so...

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: April 19, 2016, 06:32:29 am »

And now for the tough part.

EgorK

Facts for future:

My firstpost in the neighborhood QT was at 10:20 PM (EST) on March 6.  Both other neighbors posted (one message each) before me.  I posted a thought in there and there was no response. 

There was no mod announcement to say who was in the neighborhood.

Thread locked at 7:00 PM (EST) on March 7.  I'm assuming all of these (including scum QT) closed around the same time. That's enough time for scum to share who was in my neighborhood if one of my neighbors is scum.

So, readin through I noticed that WW either had not noticed that scum has a daychat or cleverly planted fake townslip

Still not swayed either way by this. Scum is more likely to notice, town might be more likely to point it out, so I just don't think it's really indicative. Worth noting that he's not actually taking a position here on the authenticity of the slip, in fact :

Well, I want to sleep on what I just finished reading. At first I thout that how that slip was construed was scummy (as he had to use parenthes to include scum QT), but rereading post it makes more sense now

Also I think we should of course discuss setup/general things, but if there is any decision involved I would trust gkrieg calling shots. Well, I would trust myself as well, but not town as whole as it is tainted

Ppe 6

scum!Egork might have hoped it would look fake ? Not super likely, but he left that option open, and posted this after most people agreed it was a townslip (yes, I didn't, sue me). The whole appealing to the IC is scummy business though. ICs know less than everybody else, and ... well faust was doing it too which makes itscummy by association in this particular game. But really, buddying the IC is traditionally a scummy thing.

oh lulz scum has daychat.

well in that case vote: Limetime

Can you explain how these two things are related?

that's easy; WW isn't scum, so it's someone else. Limetime is the first choice that comes to mind.

So I read more in your words then there are (like he plays first time here, but has no questions, can he ask them in scum QT?)

Actually vote: limetime. Limetime, can you answer, do you have any experience playing forum mafia?

oh lulz scum has daychat.

well in that case vote: Limetime

Can you explain how these two things are related?

that's easy; WW isn't scum, so it's someone else. Limetime is the first choice that comes to mind.

So I read more in your words then there are (like he plays first time here, but has no questions, can he ask them in scum QT?)

Actually vote: limetime. Limetime, can you answer, do you have any experience playing forum mafia?

If Limetime started asking question in the mafia QT, his partners would just tell him to post them in the main thread. I don't really see any reason to believe this is scum!Limetime.

Or it was too late to do that. Anyway, I'd wait for answer on my question

Sorry, unexpected trip until Saturday. Would still have time to read and probably post a little/

Also between Teproc ans SP I think SP comes out as scummy, but this is more of a gut feeling. Still want answer from Limetime

This feels like coaching... but that doesn't make a lot of sense given daychat... except EgorK apparently has trouble accessing QTs ? I land on null.

I agree with faust on Joseph. I think this warrants Vote: Joseph

I still find Limetime scummy, but between them I'd choose Joseph.

Also, can someone educate me on how to read RR? I honestly can't

Remember when faust drove the Joseph wagon all the way and then pinned it on me for hammering ? That happened. Egork feels a bit townier here, especially the thing about RR. Though he does list two people he finds scumm and chooses the town one... but Limetime wasn't under that much pressure there.

What is the vote count? Faust made pretty good case on RR, I'm tempted to join

PPE: about a page

Vote: RR

At that point in D2, it's looking like it's between RR and Limetime, so this doesn't look good.

Yep, definitely want to hear gkrieg and WW stories

Early day 3. A cautious approach, after faust already voted gkrieg and I agreed but expressed a similar sentiment to Egork here. Could be hedging, but it would make sense to me to have both scum partners bus hard here, so I think this is townie.

I just do not see scum going to yuma unless they are sure he is not protected. So, Vote: gkrieg

Also, was there successful motion detection?

L-1 (unannounced). Never mind then, back to being scummy because of the above (I think it's pretty likely both scum bussed gkrieg, can't remember what S_P did).

A lot to read through

Teproc trying to bargain with me into lynching either faust or SP - I do not like that

Leaning townie on that reaction, I do think town would be suspicious of that.

Also if Teproc and faust is scum team they played this game out of this world good

That's relatively townie too, because insane paranoia is townie.

And then there's the PGO stuff : Egork resisted using the PGO. Could easily be a ploy for towncred... the fact is, given that I think Hydrad is town, I have to believe scum decided not to use the PGO. So... if you're goint to not use it, might as well be clear about it and get towncred for it right ?

Meh. On to S_P I guess, I'm not really convinced either way on EgorK.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: April 19, 2016, 06:48:41 am »

Speaking of faust's constant lying in this game, another example. When faust reread Hydrad, he said this post was agreeing with the consensus about WW and Egork being town. Patently false again ! No one mentions Egork being townie for pointing out WW's slip before this post (I personally don't think he is, but whatever).
Lying = not checking posts before and after when rereading someone.

This is also a constructive post. scum!Hydrad is not this constructive. Never. He hedges on everything and only has vague things to say : this is Hydrad taking a strong position as day 1 is barely starting. This is not scum!Hydrad, it just isn't.
It's not a "strong position" by any reasonable definition of the phrase.

See, the thing is I can see scum!Hydrad playing dumb like this : maybe he didn't notice it but his partners did, so he's using that to lie. But I don't know why he'd do that to justify a bus ?
So on one hand, you don't expect scum!Hydrad to be able to take a single position, on the other hand you don't think he plays dumb?

The vote reset could have been a way for Hydrad to get out of his bus (Limetime had 4 votes before the reset, so the wagon was threatening), but he stays on. Don't think scum!Hydrad is known for heavy bussing, will have to check on that.
I feel like it happened before, cannot really point to a game though.

This is plain weird. Of course WW was an obvious target for scum theoretically, so that first one seems like deflection... but then why not stick with it (gkrieg was clearly going to be lynched there, the only reason he had ess votes was because people wanted time to reread) ? Especially given that Hydrad had bussed hard the previous day ? It doesn't really make sense, and that's townie in the case of Hydrad I think.

[...]

The whole treatment of the gkrieg wagon is just Hydrad trying to stay within his meta, no more, no less.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: April 19, 2016, 06:56:21 am »

In general it's rich that Teproc thinks I'm scum and then takes pretty easy-to-fake examples for why Hydrad is town. If I really was scum, with daychat I could have easily coached Hydrad into saying these things.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: April 19, 2016, 07:02:39 am »

Right so there's S_P's whole posting style, which I find scummy because it's all reasonable and quiet and agreeable.

We disagree early on about WW's slip : he thinks it's a fake townslip and I think if anything it's a scumslip. I still have no idea how the former makes any sense, but that's probably townie, because not making sense is townie (unless you're faust). Like, it's based on the idea that scum!WW would fake something that isn't even close to looking like a townslip (but S_P argues that it does look like a townslip at first glance). Again, makes zero sense to me...

I still like the Yuma vote.  I think more people should like it, too.

Eh. How do you feel about Teproc? Out of the two, he comes across as more disingenuous to me.

I don't know, I could see him believing what he's saying.  I'd say it's like Yuma > Teproc > Faust > Silver. 

Not sure yet where e (playing defense) and Scott (commenting but not voting) come in.

Well I would have voted but it seemed like there were a lot of people voting for you and I was too lazy to check the vote count.

But anyway, the daychat thing makes you look pretty solidly towny to me now.  I mean I suppose it's possible that you did some crazy mastermind nested fake slip thing, but if that's the case, I'm pretty sure we just lose and you get MVP.

And then when the actual townslip is found, which is to say something with which the previous argument could work, he just accepts it as a townslip. Now that I find scummy.

Anyway, I think vote: Teproc is best for now.  The whole thing looks to me like he's really trying to catch someone for something, trying to get a big case rolling, but the actual arguments he makes, aside from not really making sense, just sound...fake.

Well, it is an accurate description of how I play early D1 (making mountains out of molehills to get the game rolling), but it's also OMGUS, so... null.

Then we fight a lot, whatever. Actually not whatever, rereading it I'm feeling a bit townier on S_P. It feels like what we're arguing about is completely alignment-irrelevant though, and scum obviously loves to get into that.

There are a few mentions of Limetime being inactive, nothing particularly notable.

Then there's the thing I'm still not interested in talking about. Don't get much from that aside from, you know, rage.

Noo mention of Limetime, despite him being a wagon on day 2

And then we get to day 3.

But WW immediately bought into the "there has to be scum among Doctors" narrative. That's not a winning strategy for scum.

Well I think since yesterday, the docs should have been going pretty hard after each other, it's actually weird to me that they weren't doing that more.  From their perspective it was like a 60% chance each other was scum I think instead of like 30%.  Everything changes today, except I think we can't know the probabilities exactly without knowing what neighborhood yuma was in (which I'm not saying someone should claim).  My intuition says that the probability a doc is scum actually goes down today relative to a random player, but the fact that yuma was NK'd is a little odd.  Really it's odd in any situation though.  If they went for him knowing he wasn't protected, they should be aware of how that looks for them.

It's possible I guess that scum doesn't have a doc, and they killed yuma hoping that would make it really look like they do have a doc, so it sets up two mislynches, which, if that actually happens, wins them the game.  So it would be a pretty risky play but I guess they might think it's worth it if they think it could potentially win them the game.

It would have made a lot more sense in any case if RR hadn't claimed RB.  They might have thought the RB's would think they blocked the kill, except RR's claim means they should have known that wasn't possible.  Or maybe they just forgot about it...though honestly out of the players alive I don't think you could pick three of them that wouldn't think about those kinds of things.

I was going to vote for gkrieg but apparently he's at L-1.  Well I don't think WW is off the table.  I'm a little wary of how quickly the wagon on gkrieg just went.  There are still some important probabilities to do today I think.

PPE like a million

See, this is what I'm talking about when I say S_P's posting style. Like, read that and tell me what S_P thinks about yuma dying and what that means regarding the doctor's alignment. I'll wait.

See what I mean ? The whole post you think he's saying doctors aren't scummy from yuma's death and that it might be all a big scum gambit... and then he says he wants to vote gkrieg but he's at L-1, and WW should be possible too... and then he says he's weary of the quickwagon !

I know I said earlier that I expected both scum to bus : but this makes evenmore sense to me. faust goes hard on the bus, and S_P goes "oh my god what a quick wagon ! Abort, abort ! By the way maybe scum took a crazy gambit ! And look at how lynchable WW is !". So I find this very, very scummy.

Yeah I think at least on the surface D3 looks really bad for silverspawn...on the one hand, I sort of get the argument that why would he do that when it was clear gkrieg was going down anyway, but really I think he was pretty committed from the beginning to defending the docs, and then he just wants to look consistent (changing your mind at the end of the day looks like a desperation hammer).  Plus, I feel like silverspawn is the sort of player who actually really takes hard evidence into account, and doesn't discard it in favor of reads, which is, well...why I wish I had had more time yesterday to do probabilities.  But I still don't really get him just ignoring the arguments that were being made against the docs there.  I guess I can sympathize with the concern that the wagon was going fast with no real opposition, although if silver is scum, then he was that opposition, so that would make sense too.

So I guess that means I agree with Teproc on something...I'm not sure how I feel about that.  But I think silverspawn's D3 looks so much like what I would expect from scum.  I do want to reread him later though because I honestly don't remember much else from him this game, and now we can look for other partner interactions.  But I hate rereading...

vote: silverspawn

Pretty obvious, but would be so as both alignments.

I'm a little wary of faust because I feel like he's agreed with me on basically everything this game.  At first I thought Teproc's case on him looked really solid, but then faust's defense looked really solid too.  My gut says one of {faust, Teproc} is scum, and I think it's more likely Teproc, but at this point I'm worried that it's just a bias that I'm carrying over from earlier in the game.

Actually...I feel like this whole game I've mentally just given faust a pass because he's agree with me on everything and assumed Teproc is scum because he disagrees with me on everything.  Now I'm super worried this whole time scum!faust has been doing this to get me on his side.

Although why does scum buddy me specifically, that seems like something people always bring up but in practice doesn't really happen.

This is very townie though, ugh.

Actually, I've been thinking about it and I don't think silverspawn as scum makes a lot of sense.  Mostly for the reason faust is saying I'm not scum, which I feel like applies much better to silverspawn, since he was actively defending gkrieg yesterday, whereas I was mostly just late to the party.  Actually, I'm not really convinced that the yuma NK implies that scum was planning on gkrieg dying the next day, because why would they want that?  The argument I guess is just that scum was going to bus to look good, and that's worth sacrificing one of them to do it?  I just don't buy that.  But on the other hand, there's not really any other good explanation for it.  Let's see:

1. Scum plans on trading gkrieg for yuma, thinking the 1-for-1 trade will work out in their favor
       a. They think yuma is particularly worth killing for some reason, or
       b. They think gkrieg is going down anyway, or
       c. They think the towncred they get from bussing gkrieg is worth it
2. Scum doesn't consider the consequences of killing yuma
       a. They just didn't think about how it would look, or
       b. They didn't think of yuma as a likely NK candidate

Right now I think 2b is actually the most likely option.  This whole time, we've been talking about it like yuma was an IC and a super obvious doc target and of course scum would have foreseen this and so shooting him and implicating the docs was a deliberate choice, but really there's just so many assumptions in that line of reasoning that any of them could have failed and not been incriminating.  So actually, in that case, that would make silver look really scummy, because there IS reason for him to defend his partner there.  So now I think I've convinced myself again.  I'd like to go back and look for partner interactions...I know I keep saying that but it's because I know it's important but I'm too lazy to do it.

Also townie. Followed by a silver reread thatn concludes on not being so interested in a silver lynch anymore.

And then there's a lot of frustration aimed at me. I can empathize.

Alright. I think it's faust/EgorK. S_P took a very unfortaunte stance on day 3, one that looks even worse because of his particular posting style, but he looks very townie after that, much more than Egork ever does.

So now that I've somewhat done due diligence, I'm kinda done with this game, wake me up when you're ready to lynch someone who is not Hydrad or me, S_P.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: April 19, 2016, 08:25:03 am »

A Brief History of Hydrad Bussing

Mafia LI : Silo Mafia

Day 1, Hydrad votes for scum!faust, sheeping a WW case. Stays there for a long time while it doesn't get any traction. He gets lynched on day 2.

Mafia LIV : Musical Mafia

Votes for WW, sheeping an ADK (town) case. The wagon gets pretty big, Hydrad stays on it.

Mafia LV : Mafia Holiday !

Busses Awaclus on day 3. The third scum had been lynched on day 1 (with  and Awaclus had defended him a lot. Hydrad bussed on day 3 as part of an ashersky-led quicklynch.

Mafia LVII : Blarnia Mafia

This in interesting. He's a scum gladiator, he challenges his scum partner Awaclus on day 3 and gets lynched.

Mafia LXI : It's a Beautiful World Mafia

Never votes for his partners.

Mafia LXIX : GOP Mafia

Votes for Edmund on day 2, sheeping TA (town). Stays on as the wagon stagnates at 2-3 votes.

Mafia LXXII : Marvel Heroes

Votes iguana day 1, a relatively popular wagon at that point, though it dies out pretty quickly and Hydrad moves on, pretty quickly putting him down as a null-to-town read.

Day 3 he votes faust early putting him at L-1. Then moves to competing wagon EgorK.

Day 4 he gets put in a situation where he no choice but to hammer faust, and does.

Mafia LXXV : Cupcake Mafia

Gets lynched day 1.

Alright. So that's more bussing than I expected, but Hydrad never makes a case on these people. Never. He did make a case on Limetime : his whole "scum is in the doctor QT" reasoning (on day 2). He talked about him more than he usually does with his partners too.

Worth noting, re faust's argument above : faust has been scum with Hydrad a lot. Everytime Hydrad is in non-constructive mode. Granted there was no daychat, but still : more lying !

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M78: Insomnia Mafia- Night Three
« Reply #1997 on: April 19, 2016, 10:29:47 am »

Vote Count 5.2

Hydrad (1): faust
faust (1): Teproc

Not Voting (3): Hydrad, EgorK, scott_pilgrim

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch. Day Five begins now and ends at 7 pm forum time Monday, April 25th.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: April 19, 2016, 10:34:21 am »

Worth noting, re faust's argument above : faust has been scum with Hydrad a lot. Everytime Hydrad is in non-constructive mode. Granted there was no daychat, but still : more lying !

"It's not lying, but it's still lying!"

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: April 19, 2016, 10:35:41 am »

Huh ? You're saying if you were scum you would coach Hydrad into being constructive. In the past you have no done that.

Daychat is great and all, but it does not result in you micromanaging your partners, come on.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 83  All

Page created in 2.666 seconds with 20 queries.