Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 72  All

Author Topic: RMM32: The Walking Dead (Game Over.)  (Read 157056 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: RMM32: The Walking Dead (The First Day)
« Reply #700 on: March 25, 2016, 12:56:18 pm »

I just realized I can check if people are hated sort of.  I can't cast the hammer vote, so we can just have me vote for the person at L-2 and if they are lynched, they were hated, if they weren't hated, they will stay alive

Also there is something going on in this game with being alive, not alive, and dead.  They are three different states, but I don't really want to talk a lot about this, I was just reading my role QT and thought it was relevant.
But you can't vote at all b/c you were on patrol, right?

I wasn't on patrol

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 25, 2016, 12:57:44 pm »

I just realized I can check if people are hated sort of.  I can't cast the hammer vote, so we can just have me vote for the person at L-2 and if they are lynched, they were hated, if they weren't hated, they will stay alive

Also there is something going on in this game with being alive, not alive, and dead.  They are three different states, but I don't really want to talk a lot about this, I was just reading my role QT and thought it was relevant.

I wasn't on patrol
very weird - for some reason I thought chairs made that post.

In that case, do you mean to say that you vote for them and then if your vote shows up they aren't hated and if it doesn't then they are?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 25, 2016, 12:59:01 pm »

I wasn't on patrol
very weird - for some reason I thought chairs made that post.

In that case, do you mean to say that you vote for them and then if your vote shows up they aren't hated and if it doesn't then they are?

yep.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 25, 2016, 01:07:39 pm »

... I started this before it was cool  ADK did it.

anyways, - - - reads? Here are a few, mostly based on targeted rereads.

Haddock - faust - yuma

e

Witherweaver - ADK - SirMartin

Limetime

chairs

Limetime has nothing but a few sheeps. Gotta give scum points for that.

WW has very little period.

Haddock's case on me and then saying he lost confidence after my response is genuine. faust is town self, at least I hope so.

SirMartin hasn't posted much and almost everything I disagree with, but it seems a bit careless for scum. Still can't give him townpoints.

chairs everything has been said.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 25, 2016, 01:11:12 pm »

RR never makes lists  :'(
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: March 25, 2016, 01:12:08 pm »

Maybe you should make your own then... If people forget you it is your fault, not theirs...

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 25, 2016, 01:13:50 pm »

In my experience, lurkers are almost never scum.  However, I do understand they aren't very fun to play with.

But I'm not one with a vote, so do what you want.

Lurkers are never scum except for the times you let it slide and they turn out to have been scum after all.

Lurking is useful for scum and putting pressure on lurkers forces them to give more information.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 25, 2016, 01:16:28 pm »

OK I don't know what others feelings on this is but if you have an Antitown aspect to your role I feel like that should be claimed in your first post or something, we need this info.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 25, 2016, 01:18:28 pm »

Limetime is on the road to being modkilled or replaced.  Lynching him might be a waste of a lunch.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 25, 2016, 01:19:06 pm »

Is anyone else not getting the usual towny vibes off of faust in this game?
I don't find him superscummy or anything, and he's not lynchable today.  But I thought it was worth mentioning.  Usually he feels really super towny.

I think Faust seems town this game.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: March 25, 2016, 01:22:29 pm »

Maybe you should make your own then... If people forget you it is your fault, not theirs...
I agree with the first part, but not the second.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 25, 2016, 01:26:17 pm »

I guess I haven't even done enough for ss to remember me.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 25, 2016, 01:38:29 pm »

OK I don't know what others feelings on this is but if you have an Antitown aspect to your role I feel like that should be claimed in your first post or something, we need this info.

It isn't that antitown. Not being able to hammer isn't that big of a deal in any game for me, because I don't hammer that often. Also it looks like hammering won't be a big deal these first few days anyway

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM32: The Walking Dead (The First Dawn)
« Reply #713 on: March 25, 2016, 01:58:54 pm »

Vote Count 1.8:

chairs (3): EFHW, faust, A Drowned Kernel
A Drowned Kernel (3): Haddock, gkrieg13, Hydrad
Limetime (1): yuma

Not Voting (7): silverspawn, Ampharos, chairs, SirMartin, Witherweaver, 2.7, Limetime, Roadrunner 7671

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 ends on March 26 at 4:20 p.m. forum time.  That's in ~1 day.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 25, 2016, 02:01:44 pm »

I'm not sold on chairs at all. And actually ADK's response hadn't really convinced me of his towniness.
I'm still enormously surprised that noone agree with me about RR. He would absolutely be my first choice lynch behind ADK here.  He just seems... wrong this game.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 25, 2016, 02:03:56 pm »

I'm not sold on chairs at all. And actually ADK's response hadn't really convinced me of his towniness.
I'm still enormously surprised that noone agree with me about RR. He would absolutely be my first choice lynch behind ADK here.  He just seems... wrong this game.

Hmm, you're right... something is weird here.  He's approaching the game differently than normal. 

I'm not sure which alignment this indicates, though.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 25, 2016, 02:34:41 pm »

Question: How do we want to end the day? Like, assume that the vote count as it is now stays like that and nobody switches. That would (probably) mean that chairs dies, because he is hated, even though he has the same amount of votes as ADK. That does not seem ideal, and also there's a small chance that ADK is hated too and then he could also die.

I think at some point, if we are close to a tie in votes, we should let those who don't have a vote weigh in and whoever they suspect more gets lynched.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 25, 2016, 02:36:17 pm »

Note that a chairs lynch has an advantage over ADK (and everyone else): chairs is hated for the rest of the game. If he is town, that may turn into a serious liability, allowing scum to quickhammer easily if things go bad.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 25, 2016, 04:02:10 pm »

I always have this problem the first day of RMM.  I love it, but everyone is so guarded most of the time.  Everyone has their role and it is the best role of all time and if they share anything it will ruin that role.

That being said, we have had some good setup discussion about the day actions, we have a few interesting things that are happening, but something just needs to get done.  What we haven't had is any good wagons.  No one has been particularly scummy...just lurky.  I am guilty of that as well.  But here we are, about 24 hours to go.  We need to do something.  And we need to do it. now.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 25, 2016, 04:04:45 pm »

Note that a chairs lynch has an advantage over ADK (and everyone else): chairs is hated for the rest of the game. If he is town, that may turn into a serious liability, allowing scum to quickhammer easily if things go bad.

I don't think this is too much of a worry.  I mean, we are talking chairs going into a lylo position or something where the hated will really take effect.  Everyone knows chairs is hated.  Town does, scum does. 

If someone quickhammers him in a super scummy way, we just lynch them.  I mean, unless chairs flips scum, of course.  And, obviously, a discussion will be had.  But still.  I don't think it is THAT huge of a deal.  What it does mean is that chairs 3 votes count as 4 votes when it comes to plurality lynch today
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: March 25, 2016, 04:09:44 pm »

I always have this problem the first day of RMM.  I love it, but everyone is so guarded most of the time.  Everyone has their role and it is the best role of all time and if they share anything it will ruin that role.

That being said, we have had some good setup discussion about the day actions, we have a few interesting things that are happening, but something just needs to get done.  What we haven't had is any good wagons.  No one has been particularly scummy...just lurky.  I am guilty of that as well.  But here we are, about 24 hours to go.  We need to do something.  And we need to do it. now.

How about we lynch the guy that won't be using his night action anyways since he isn't playing the game...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 25, 2016, 04:10:17 pm »

or we could just no-lynch, or lynch me....

SirMartin

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 25, 2016, 04:25:45 pm »

I'm here now! I think I got prodded.

I don't have time for a full reread but I will point out that I would rather no lynch. This is RMM and no one seems to have scumreads on anyone.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 25, 2016, 04:27:10 pm »

or we could just no-lynch, or lynch me....

we would have to vote for a no-lynch.  Don't think that is going to happen.  Lynching you...while I see possible upside to it, I don't think we should. 

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 25, 2016, 04:40:16 pm »

I'm here now! I think I got prodded.

I don't have time for a full reread but I will point out that I would rather no lynch. This is RMM and no one seems to have scumreads on anyone.

That reminds me... we could also lynch SirMartin.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 72  All

Page created in 2.174 seconds with 20 queries.