Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Double throne room, double monument  (Read 1921 times)

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
Double throne room, double monument
« on: February 25, 2016, 12:48:01 pm »
+1

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160225/log.0.1456422359794.txt

Starting turn 9, my every hand is exactly the same (except when I bought a province, not sure if I should have).
Chapel, double throne room, double monument, gaining 4 victory points every turn until it was over.

Sometimes dominion is weird.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
Re: Double throne room, double monument
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 12:56:58 pm »

Very nice. King's Court->King's Court-> double Monument is obviously a bit better, but Monument golden decks are usually pretty good.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 01:00:49 pm »
+10

But why skip adding Labs or Great Halls? You also can build up to playing more than 4 Monuments here. And Graverobber is quite good on this board for adding more components or possibly getting Provinces as the piles run out.

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 01:21:24 pm »

Well, I never even considered buying stuff, although I guess Great halls and labs would never be a dead card in such a deck. What would for example, more labs do?

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 01:29:27 pm »

Well, I never even considered buying stuff, although I guess Great halls and labs would never be a dead card in such a deck. What would for example, more labs do?

You can eventually add even more Throne Rooms and Monuments, generating gradually more and more points per turn. Or you could safely buy Provinces to eventually end the game.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 01:58:39 pm »

You can eventually add even more Throne Rooms and Monuments, generating gradually more and more points per turn. Or you could safely buy Provinces to eventually end the game.

The reason why I didn't do that: I then increase the possibility I have a hand with (say) chapel, 3 throne rooms and a monument. Keeping it with the 5 I had, I was sure I had 4 VP's every turn.

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 02:29:25 pm »

The reason why I didn't do that: I then increase the possibility I have a hand with (say) chapel, 3 throne rooms and a monument. Keeping it with the 5 I had, I was sure I had 4 VP's every turn.
You would increase the average payoff which is good.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 03:58:29 pm »
+7

Adding a laboratory or great hall will not reduce the chance of getting those 4VPs each turn. Adding a great hall each turn makes it 5 VP a turn.
Once you have labs and great halls in your deck the risks of an extra throne room+monument causing a bad draw become small.
Adding a graverobber will allow the trashing of the chapel to gain a lab so it quickly repays itself and gives many more options going forward.

In terms of high level play, there's also the concept of threat. If your deck threatens playing a throne room on a graverobber, trashing two labs for provinces, then that threat can cause your opponent problems. That threat doesn't have to be certain and it doesn't have to be realized, but as long as the threat is there the threat might be useful.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 04:15:20 pm by DG »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.787 seconds with 21 queries.