Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: do you know what card sucks?  (Read 1840 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
do you know what card sucks?
« on: February 23, 2016, 08:54:40 pm »
+3

grand market.

here is a picture that is related.

here is the thing that it is

http://www.gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160224/log.0.1456276296020.txt

it seems to me that grand market is just not interesting in colony games. actually, it's at its most interesting in colony games because the question of whether to get it becomes 'how convenient is it for my engine compared to platinum' rather than 'is there a nice way to get to $6 without coppers' or 'how's my village-to-goons ratio looking.' but grand market seems to become less powerful in platinum games, because platinum just pays out better (esp in a game where you draw your deck, which becomes more viable with colony) and doesn't require the same shenanigans (some of the catalysts of grand market are generally good for colony, such as trash coppers, but some other ones, like spamming silvers/fishing villages/ death cart? don't work with the longevity.)

do you know what is the hottest beans in colony? apothecary/counting house/warehouse. while the other guy messed around with grand markets, i messed around in a more interesting way, and i won (probably) because i got a couple platina, and maybe also because drawing cards is a lot better once you have those. also, guess what.

you have 1 guesses.

i counted with my fingers on the screen how many different cards there were and there were 20 so i bought them all. you may have noticed that already. i only got three fairgrounds but it was my safety net if the other spontaneous things that were happening did not propel me to victory.

if everyone has their card that they have a distinctive opinion about then mine ends up being fairgrounds it looks like (although it is closely followed by all of cornucopia, or as i understand it, donx's brief stint with lsd, or whatever the version of lsd is that makes you good at designing cards) and i thus ended up lying in those severals of times where i alluded to whatever my favorite card was.

happy hunting!
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
Re: do you know what card sucks?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 11:34:06 pm »
+1

Complains about Grand Market.

Buys a Grand Market anyways.

/s

theright555J

• Moneylender
  • Dragged into engines kicking and screaming!
  • Respect: +171
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 08:14:57 am »
+1

SCSN went to great lengths to keep this site PG rated, and this just bumps it right back up to PG-13 again. Tsk tsk!  ;)
Wondering what my name refers to?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cribbage_statistics

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 03:51:13 pm »
+1

schadd confirmed weird twitter
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 22 queries.