Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57  All

Author Topic: M77: Scout Mafia - Game Over! Town wins!  (Read 129773 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M77: Scout Mafia - Third, the day is
« Reply #750 on: March 11, 2016, 12:56:29 pm »

Did you expect us to forget about the previous game?  Or expect us to assume you wouldn't try it because of it?

I don't think that game changes the probability of fakeclaiming masons much, if anything it probably makes it less likely.

It is not my fault that you were so blind that game. Ash claimed masons day 1 and they were never killed, and you never managed to lynch a single scum. Hello. I don't know why you didn't realize something was up.

Here, I kept our identity hidden and we already got a scum day 1.

I got NK'd that game (or lynched?).  I was pretty highly suspecting Ash by the time I was out of the game.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 11, 2016, 12:57:49 pm »

Also, talking like a dick is certainly not going to make people want to lynch you less.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 11, 2016, 12:58:12 pm »

I hereby politely ask you to not be anti town because you're grumpy over a loss in a game where you didn't want to believe that scum fakeclaimed masons despite having plenty of evidence.

There is no evidence here. Everything I did makes perfect sense. And scum fakeclaiming masons is highly unlikely--- and is not more likely because it just happened.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 11, 2016, 12:59:08 pm »

Also, talking like a dick is certainly not going to make people want to lynch you less.

This

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 11, 2016, 12:59:11 pm »

I hereby politely ask you to not be anti town because you're grumpy over a loss in a game where you didn't want to believe that scum fakeclaimed masons despite having plenty of evidence.

There is no evidence here. Everything I did makes perfect sense. And scum fakeclaiming masons is highly unlikely--- and is not more likely because it just happened.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 11, 2016, 12:59:18 pm »

I might want to lynch SS, but no intent to hammer yet.

But he's my strongest scum read for sure. Sorry, but we talked about Masonry. I think scum fake claims mason without outting his other scum partner.
PPE 3
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 11, 2016, 12:59:30 pm »

the point of masons isn't to try and fly under the radar of mafia. It is to win the trust of town.

And you are failing miserably at that.

That's totally wrong. the point of masons is NOT to win the trust of town. You already have that. The point is to make the most out of your conf!town status.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 11, 2016, 01:00:11 pm »

I am not grumpy over an old game. I am wary because I see only one person who I feel could be your parnter and you are refusing to collaborate that.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 11, 2016, 01:00:14 pm »

I'm not grumpy about not winning that game, why are you trying to be an asshole?  I was out of it by the time it came to those decisions.

I'm grumpy about you scummily quickhammering Gkrieg and us not lynching you yesterday.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 11, 2016, 01:00:50 pm »

the point of masons isn't to try and fly under the radar of mafia. It is to win the trust of town.

And you are failing miserably at that.

That's totally wrong. the point of masons is NOT to win the trust of town. You already have that. The point is to make the most out of your conf!town status.

YOU AREN'T CONFIRMED TOWN.

You maybe become so at some point, if you are a mason. But, right here, right now. You aren't. So stop acting like you are.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 11, 2016, 01:00:57 pm »

But he's my strongest scum read for sure. Sorry, but we talked about Masonry. I think scum fake claims mason without outting his other scum partner.
PPE 3

Are you claiming not his partner then?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 11, 2016, 01:02:14 pm »

PPE 3

I am not his mason partner, no.
I don't think he has one.

But if scum fake claims mason, scum would rather say 'I don't want to out my mason partner' instead of 'my mason partner is (insert mafia parnet here.)
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 11, 2016, 01:02:28 pm »

I guess I see absolutely no reason as to why you want to keep your partner hidden?

What purpose does that serve?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 11, 2016, 01:04:27 pm »

I guess I see absolutely no reason as to why you want to keep your partner hidden?

a) if I don't die then scum needs one more day to kill him
b) it gives us way more information if he is close to being lynched

Fishing for my partner's name here is very scummy by the way.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 11, 2016, 01:04:52 pm »

PPE 3

I am not his mason partner, no.
I don't think he has one.

But if scum fake claims mason, scum would rather say 'I don't want to out my mason partner' instead of 'my mason partner is (insert mafia parnet here.)

Why'd you bring up Masons at all?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: March 11, 2016, 01:06:44 pm »

then vote for me.

If you don't die scum needs one more day to kill him anyways... I dont' see the point here? And truth be told, you might end up getting lynched tomorrow if you and your "partner" are still alive.

Info is nice to an extent... But if that is the case why did you claim immediately instead of waiting for a while to gain more information today? But really I would rather know than have this information.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 11, 2016, 01:07:36 pm »

Look. Before that game, you would have treated me as conf!town. You proved that, because you did it with ash, and it is the right play.

Then, because you lost that game, you are now treating me differently, even though that games does not make a fakeclaim here more likely.

This means that you are punishing me for you losing that game.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 11, 2016, 01:08:36 pm »

Look. Before that game, you would have treated me as conf!town. You proved that, because you did it with ash, and it is the right play.

Then, because you lost that game, you are now treating me differently, even though that games does not make a fakeclaim here more likely.

Thanks Awaclus.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 11, 2016, 01:09:33 pm »

You know you'd be more convincing if you didn't prepare a strawman before coming into this.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 11, 2016, 01:09:56 pm »

NO. That is an asinine assumption to make. I can't prove it, but I think I would be reacting the exact same way here. Because unless your partner is Axxle I see no reason to believe your claim. I would see it that way regardless of how the other game played out.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 11, 2016, 01:10:19 pm »

then vote for me.

I believe that you are in fact grumpy because of that loss, as I said earlier, and that that's the reason for your reaction. I would vote for WW, but I'd rather not vote at all and let others start-- as I said, I was intending to play as an IC. I shouldn't even have said that it's scummy.

Why I didn't wait even longer to claim? I considered it, but decided that that would be stretching things too far. Then you'd have actual reason to believe it's a fakeclaim.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 11, 2016, 01:11:11 pm »

NO. That is an asinine assumption to make. I can't prove it, but I think I would be reacting the exact same way here. Because unless your partner is Axxle I see no reason to believe your claim. I would see it that way regardless of how the other game played out.

That makes no sense. We want to keep our identities hidden. We'll vote for each other.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 11, 2016, 01:11:52 pm »

Ok. Look here is the thing. WW isn't your partner. I am not your partner. RR has said he isn't your partner. So it is Awaclus, chairs or Axxle. I am hoping the non-partners quickly reveal what they are once they show up and then hopefully we can just force the issue cause I don't think we are going to get you to do anything.

So I'll wait and see what happens then...

unvote

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 11, 2016, 01:12:48 pm »

That makes no sense. We want to keep our identities hidden. We'll vote for each other.

Why do you want to keep your identities hidden? I don't think I have ever seen a game where masons voted for each other before they claimed.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 11, 2016, 01:14:50 pm »

You seem to have this idea that voting for your mason partner is somehow ... unmannered? That's err I don't know. I disagree.

Why do you want to keep your identities hidden? I don't think I have ever seen a game where masons voted for each other before they claimed.

Yeah, I remember a bunch of games where I thought masons played rather poorly, accidentally claiming day 1 and stuff. IC's help more for PoE later in the game. I think you have to claim at a point as late as possible while it is still profitable for scum to NK you.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57  All

Page created in 2.045 seconds with 19 queries.