Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]  All

Author Topic: Mafia 81: Desperation Mafia - Game Over  (Read 54148 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 81: Desperation Mafia - Game Over
« Reply #550 on: May 20, 2016, 12:44:11 pm »

I'm sad too.
Cos we lynched you?  Yep, whoops, sorry about that.
We still won though.  Hooray!

I haven't looked it up, but I do feel like games were we mislynch RR are games that town often ends up winning....

Not because removing RR is good for town, but because his lynches are often relatively informative compared to others.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 20, 2016, 12:50:08 pm »

And I figured out what Iguana was doing; trying to see if we'd slip up counterclaiming him and incriminate both of us.  However, I really was too busy around this time and only barely looking in.  I considered counterclaiming Iguana, but I really couldn't sit down and think it all through.  Before I had come to any kind of decision he had already claimed.  And then I didn't see much of an advantage to saying anything.

The counterclaiming certainly made sense and I didn't see any problem with that idea, but I was confused by the way he presented it.

Okay, I think it is time to do this.

I am the remaining town power role.

I would like to share my results, but before I do that, I want to propose a mass claim. This is the claim order I suggest:

WW
E
Haddock
Gkrieg
My results

Waiting for a counterclaim is fine.

The way it was presented was that he wanted to do a counterclaim opportunity, followed by a mass claim opportunity. But the thing is. Those were the exact same things. Once everyone had stated either "No Counter Claim" or "Counterclaim" then everyone would have essentially already claimed.

So the way it looked from my vantage as a mod was that it could have appeared that iguana was fake claiming and because of wanting both a counterclaim and a mass claim that he was anticipating a counterclaim/mass claim that he would have to shake off.

At least that is how I would have argued it. But maybe as a mod I was just reading too much into it as I had an overarching view. And in the end it had no impact and probably wouldn't have had an impact as his results and posting were good enough to win over the support of town.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 20, 2016, 12:52:39 pm »

Man there was a general mess with the claim stuff overall.

I completely forgot that I had already claimed VT, so my gripes about claim order were totally pointless.

I also completely missed the obvious softclaim within the claim order, saying that II's results cleared gkrieg.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 20, 2016, 12:55:01 pm »

And I figured out what Iguana was doing; trying to see if we'd slip up counterclaiming him and incriminate both of us.  However, I really was too busy around this time and only barely looking in.  I considered counterclaiming Iguana, but I really couldn't sit down and think it all through.  Before I had come to any kind of decision he had already claimed.  And then I didn't see much of an advantage to saying anything.

The counterclaiming certainly made sense and I didn't see any problem with that idea, but I was confused by the way he presented it.

Okay, I think it is time to do this.

I am the remaining town power role.

I would like to share my results, but before I do that, I want to propose a mass claim. This is the claim order I suggest:

WW
E
Haddock
Gkrieg
My results

Waiting for a counterclaim is fine.

The way it was presented was that he wanted to do a counterclaim opportunity, followed by a mass claim opportunity. But the thing is. Those were the exact same things. Once everyone had stated either "No Counter Claim" or "Counterclaim" then everyone would have essentially already claimed.

So the way it looked from my vantage as a mod was that it could have appeared that iguana was fake claiming and because of wanting both a counterclaim and a mass claim that he was anticipating a counterclaim/mass claim that he would have to shake off.

At least that is how I would have argued it. But maybe as a mod I was just reading too much into it as I had an overarching view. And in the end it had no impact and probably wouldn't have had an impact as his results and posting were good enough to win over the support of town.

Yeah, I considered pushing him on the mass claim thing, but didn't have time to think it through.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 20, 2016, 09:00:33 pm »

yay now I'm done with mafia for a while again
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: May 20, 2016, 09:13:24 pm »

yay now I'm done with mafia for a while again
Cough cough
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]  All

Page created in 1.881 seconds with 20 queries.