Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: IRL Adventures stories  (Read 50390 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: IRL Adventures stories
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2016, 03:27:50 am »

Didn't want to set up a whole new thread just for this, so necro it is.

We played a quite fun game today - 3p, randomised from everything, but it did include a single Adventures offering.

Kingdom:
Beggar
Chapel
Herbalist
Throne Room
Tournament
Band of Misfits
Bazaar
Giant
Upgrade
Peddler

(Provinces and Shelters)

All players opened 3/4 and cursed their luck. One player tried for a bit of an off-the-wall strategy with Beggars that unfortunately didn't pan out, while the other two of us went for Chapel and Tournament. I had a little bad luck lining my stuff up early, while the other guy managed to get the rhythm of clearing out his junk and buying Peddlers fairly quickly, to the point where his deck was three Peddlers, a Tournament and a Chapel. He scored the first Province and first Prize, taking Trusty Steed, while I grabbed the Followers, and he then took Princess. I didn't hit 5 much, but when I did I got myself a couple of BoMs, a couple of Giants and a Bazaar. I think I played BoM as almost every possible card at some point - I definitely used it as Throne Room, Tournament and probably Herbalist once - and Throne Room-Giant gave me just enough of a boost to snag some key cards. In the end, I won with half the Provinces and a smattering of other victory cards, but only because I hit all the good Actions in my final hand after everyone else had lucked out.

I know you're playing full random, but I would have thrown in an Event or two into the kingdom.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
Re: IRL Adventures stories
« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2016, 04:51:01 pm »

I know you're playing full random, but I would have thrown in an Event or two into the kingdom.
Yeah, I would've liked one but I didn't think to set the randomiser up to do so. Because of the way I was keeping everything, I actually did have Summon sitting quite close to the game that I could have brought in, but I don't think it would have made a massive difference (except possibly to speed up Peddler purchasing).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 1.243 seconds with 22 queries.