Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]  All

Author Topic: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 152187 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Game Over!)
« Reply #1525 on: March 06, 2016, 07:35:28 pm »

I don't really disagree, but it was the third successful LyLo for me, so it's nice to get a nod for one of them :)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: March 06, 2016, 07:36:26 pm »

I think everyone did a good job here during the last day.

I want to say however that I think it's debatable to give MVPs to players who "figure it out" at LyLo. It's the thing that is most present in the mod's mind of course, and in the end WW did make a decision that could have won or lost the game. However, the scum lynches D1 and D2 were at least as important, and e was the driving force behind those. Also if you're alive until LyLo as a VT, that is usually a sign that you did something wrong. You did not play townie enough to tempt mafia to nightkill you, and VTs want to be nightkilled to protect PRs. That is of course less of an issue in this game, when the first 4 kills were all ICs. Still e got killed over WW, meaning he played more townie. Ww just didn't do much until the very end, and that is why scum (i.e. Awaclus) felt comfortable leaving him alive.
Dude, I just reread the whole game.

WW's reads were stone-cold incredible all the way through the game.  e was close behind for the reasons you mentioned, but every time e had a good read, so did WW.  And WW got it right at LyLo on top of that.

Forgive me if this comes off as defensive.  But after this game of all games, I'd react defensively to anything.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: March 06, 2016, 07:41:22 pm »

I agree e had a really great game. 

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: March 06, 2016, 07:43:41 pm »

I think everyone did a good job here during the last day.

I want to say however that I think it's debatable to give MVPs to players who "figure it out" at LyLo. It's the thing that is most present in the mod's mind of course, and in the end WW did make a decision that could have won or lost the game. However, the scum lynches D1 and D2 were at least as important, and e was the driving force behind those. Also if you're alive until LyLo as a VT, that is usually a sign that you did something wrong. You did not play townie enough to tempt mafia to nightkill you, and VTs want to be nightkilled to protect PRs. That is of course less of an issue in this game, when the first 4 kills were all ICs. Still e got killed over WW, meaning he played more townie. Ww just didn't do much until the very end, and that is why scum (i.e. Awaclus) felt comfortable leaving him alive.
Dude, I just reread the whole game.

WW's reads were stone-cold incredible all the way through the game.  e was close behind for the reasons you mentioned, but every time e had a good read, so did WW.  And WW got it right at LyLo on top of that.

Forgive me if this comes off as defensive.  But after this game of all games, I'd react defensively to anything.

Maybe WW's reads just didn't stick out to me as much. Anyway I'm not so much trying to argue that WW doesn't deserve the title - he does - but instead point to a larger issue that I have seen in various games.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: March 06, 2016, 07:55:37 pm »

I feel like Awaclus has been scum in more games than town in the games I've been in

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: March 06, 2016, 07:56:55 pm »

Just wanted to put out a thanks to ashersky for comodding.  I definitely needed someone to lend a hand, particularly since I always ended up not being about for crucial things.
I leant pretty hard, so thanks ash. :)
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: March 06, 2016, 08:03:25 pm »

Thanks for the comments about my play.  I have to admit one reason I tunneled silverspawn was because I knew if he was scum I would get mvp if he were scum.  I really did think he could have been the last scum, and I wanted to make sure if I lost I didn't lose to scum!silverspawn (or had I been alive the next day scum!awaclus). 

WW did have a good game though.  He was correctly on all 3 scum lynches.  I always say the vote record is the one thing that doesn't lie, and he lynched all the scum and helped town win, so a good MVP nod.

I feel like I was close here in M75, closer in M76, but watch out.  I will get that MVP eventually.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: March 06, 2016, 08:09:41 pm »

I think being NK early and being NK'd late or not being NK'd at all are all about equal

If you get NK'd one day later, it means you weren't as towny.
If you get NK'd one day later, it means you avoided mislynch one more day.

So-- since e pushed my lynch, I'd say WW deserves it a bit more. Otherwise, probably e.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: March 06, 2016, 08:20:26 pm »

Thanks for the comments about my play.  I have to admit one reason I tunneled silverspawn was because I knew if he was scum I would get mvp if he were scum.  I really did think he could have been the last scum, and I wanted to make sure if I lost I didn't lose to scum!silverspawn (or had I been alive the next day scum!awaclus). 

WW did have a good game though.  He was correctly on all 3 scum lynches.  I always say the vote record is the one thing that doesn't lie, and he lynched all the scum and helped town win, so a good MVP nod.

I feel like I was close here in M75, closer in M76, but watch out.  I will get that MVP eventually.
If I could give 2...
You both had great games.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: March 06, 2016, 08:36:38 pm »

I also basically decided two days ago, but I wanted to hold off and see how Amph and Awaclus behaved.  I was about to jump come and vote Awaclus, but he had already voted when I checked in.  Not sure if it would have made a difference, but then the decision would have been up to Amph.  I suppose he was going to go for Awaclus regardless.

I was pretty much set on Awaclus shortly after I started re-reading.  I felt I was in the position of being slightly more towny than either of you, and was hoping that I wouldn't have had to start the vote.  If you went for Awaclus, I was going to follow it right away though.

Great game to all, special thanks to Awaclus for humoring me all game :)

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: March 06, 2016, 08:37:09 pm »

And yes, I put big stock on Faust and e's comments this game - the two of you were very helpful in my rereads - thanks!

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: March 06, 2016, 08:46:44 pm »

Ampharos plays a scummy town game up until the end, and then delivers when it counts. I like his style.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: March 06, 2016, 08:55:25 pm »

I think being NK early and being NK'd late or not being NK'd at all are all about equal

If you get NK'd one day later, it means you weren't as towny.
If you get NK'd one day later, it means you avoided mislynch one more day.

So-- since e pushed my lynch, I'd say WW deserves it a bit more. Otherwise, probably e.

I'm just bitter because I never make it to LyLo as town.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1538 on: March 06, 2016, 09:15:19 pm »

I'm super confused. I thought Awaclus was a confirmed IC here, because if he had been scum in this game, he would have had to get a sub becasue he doesn't have enough time to make six different false quicktopics.

Well, I thought that counting on that making me an IC had at least the potential of being a good play. As it turns out, I really should just have /outed.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: March 06, 2016, 09:58:33 pm »

I'm super confused. I thought Awaclus was a confirmed IC here, because if he had been scum in this game, he would have had to get a sub becasue he doesn't have enough time to make six different false quicktopics.

Well, I thought that counting on that making me an IC had at least the potential of being a good play. As it turns out, I really should just have /outed.

I think if you didn't tall about the QT stuff at all, and didn't try to make one, it may have made the difference.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: March 07, 2016, 05:44:49 am »

WW is like Leo. He had to get it at some point right (I'm sure WW's got plenty of MVPs before but you know what I mean).

Now, I do feel a bit queasy about... something related to QT quoting, yay. Sorry about that, though it's not about the main issue, it's about Ampharos quoting me specifically. It feels wrong to me ? Mainly because someone who knows me well could recognize my style and figure that those quotes were definitely not fabricated, especially by someone like Ampharos who hasn't played that much with me. Now, the quotes being true don't mean they come from town I suppose, but it still seems a bit problematic.

Oh, and I do want to apologize to Haddock for having the start of the game get so... dramatic. I would not have liked to have to deal with all that crap as a first-time mod, and it's worth pointing out that Haddock handled it as well as could be, so thanks for that.

e, have you never gotten an MVP ? Maybe you're the real Leo in this situation. Gotta start doing memes about it.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: March 07, 2016, 06:23:28 am »

My writing of the Teproc rule (see my latest set of rules) covers this completely.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1542 on: March 07, 2016, 11:51:37 am »

I just read the speccy.

Quote from: faust
I feel the urge to allow QT quoting in all my future games just to make a statement for Awaclus. I guess that's not the best reason to do so.

Well, if you don't want me to play your games, then simply add the rule "you can't sign up for this game if your name Awaclus". It's a far simpler and better way to do it than breaking the game to the point where you can be sure I won't want to play it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: March 07, 2016, 12:06:41 pm »

WW is like Leo. He had to get it at some point right (I'm sure WW's got plenty of MVPs before but you know what I mean).

Now, I do feel a bit queasy about... something related to QT quoting, yay. Sorry about that, though it's not about the main issue, it's about Ampharos quoting me specifically. It feels wrong to me ? Mainly because someone who knows me well could recognize my style and figure that those quotes were definitely not fabricated, especially by someone like Ampharos who hasn't played that much with me. Now, the quotes being true don't mean they come from town I suppose, but it still seems a bit problematic.

Oh, and I do want to apologize to Haddock for having the start of the game get so... dramatic. I would not have liked to have to deal with all that crap as a first-time mod, and it's worth pointing out that Haddock handled it as well as could be, so thanks for that.

e, have you never gotten an MVP ? Maybe you're the real Leo in this situation. Gotta start doing memes about it.

Actually, I had only gotten MVP once before, but I didn't remember that I had, so it did feel like Leo to me~

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: March 14, 2016, 03:20:25 pm »

Axxle had been prodded for the second time.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: March 14, 2016, 03:22:19 pm »

Lol
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: March 14, 2016, 04:13:04 pm »

I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: March 14, 2016, 04:13:40 pm »

Sorry for taking about ongoing games in the wrong thread. I will mod kill myself now
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]  All

Page created in 2.061 seconds with 20 queries.