Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Naming the different effects of the Journey Token cards  (Read 1460 times)

jaybeez

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: jaybeez
  • Respect: +395
    • View Profile
Naming the different effects of the Journey Token cards
« on: January 18, 2016, 05:13:37 pm »
+5

My friends and I finally got around to trying Adventures this weekend.  It so happened that we ended up playing with Giant, Ranger, and Pilgrimage in sequential games.  We came up with a way to easily alert the other players as to which effect you're getting: if you get the good effect you call the card by the first name; if you get the bad effect you call the card by the second name:
Giant / Midget
Ranger / Mall Cop
Pilgrimage / ?*

* - we decided that the bad effect for Pilgrimage should be "walking down the street to the convenience store and, upon arrival, realizing you forgot your wallet", which we're sure there must be a German word for, we just don't know what it is.

So instead of saying "I play a Giant, and flip over my Journey Token, and now it's face down, so I just get $1", you can just say "I play a Midget" and everyone knows what you mean.

Has anybody else done this already?  We can't be the first people to think of this.

Also would love to hear suggestions for a word to use for the bad effect of Pilgrimage.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
Re: Naming the different effects of the Journey Token cards
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 05:17:03 pm »
+2

I think the only one where it matters is Giant, since it affects other players and its effect for you is invisible. We usually say "Giant for 1" or "Giant for the attack", depending on which it is. For Ranger and Pilgrimage, other players can see you drawing or gaining cards.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 08:35:28 am »
+1

I believe the word you're looking for is AufderStraßezudemLadenundbeiderAnkunftrealisierenSieIhreBrieftaschevergessen.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Eistee

• Baron
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 10:29:44 am »
+1

I believe the word you're looking for is AufderStraßezudemLadenundbeiderAnkunftrealisierenSieIhreBrieftaschevergessen.

Almost! ;)

AufderStraßezumLadenundbeiderAnkunftrealisierendasserseineBrieftaschevergessenhatgeher
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.517 seconds with 21 queries.