Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 152265 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #950 on: February 16, 2016, 09:25:55 am »

So this is why Ampharos is town.

1. Teproc had a little townslip thing going on. See here:

Well Fruit Vendor only occurs if they have JOAT/Roleblocker or Rolecop/2-Shot Strongman...

So ... all the other ones. Right ?

I don't think it's likely to be a fakeclaim for reasons outlined above, but it's a "safe fakeclaim" in most setups.

No. Take, for instance, a setup where scum has JOAT/Goon. One of those setups has a Tracker, and one has a Commuter, both roles that cannot appear together with Fruit Vendor. So if scum were to claim Fruit Vendor, they would immediately get countered. You can go through all scenarios and see that there will always be the chance of a counterclaim.

Right, I'm dumb.

So scum certainly thinks about which fakeclaims are safe on N0. I guess not all scum do, but I'm confident that Teproc does. I just finished modding a game with Teproc, and we both thought scum should analyze the setup more. So assuming Teproc is scum, I am pretty sure that he knows that no fakeclaim is safe. Which means the above post can only be fabricated or come from town!Teproc. Teproc just doesn't seem like the guy that fabricates townslips.

2. Teproc is pushing for Hydrad pretty hard. So if he's scum, that would be a bus. I don't think it's "easy" or "early D1"; scum!Teproc is talking himself into a position from which it will be hard to argue against a Hydrad lynch when it happens. It's not out of the question that scum busses Hydrad - after all, he only was a Goon and thus the least important member of the team - but if that's your plan, you certainly talked about it in the mafia QT. Now let's assume this talk happened. Mafia agrees to bus Hydrad. Once Ampharos takes over, for sure he reads the QT. Would he just ignore the plan there and start voting for someone else, never returning to Hydrad? I don't think so. Ampharos' switch is actually evidence that he is town.

3. The wagon. I mean, seriously. silverspawn starts it for really weak reasoning that applies to at least 2 other players in this game. (that vote is sill fine mind you, it's the first vote on Amph after all) The IC joins in. Ony then do people start to sheep - and who? chairs, who is just as guilty of the things Ampharos is accused of, and who needs to divert attention from the wagon that is forming on himself, RR who also is a major lynch candidate today, Ww who just quoted evidence that Teproc is town. That is not a wagon I want to be on even without the above points.

So I believe all of this should maybe not convince you that Ampharos is town, but at least give solid reasons why Ampharos is a bad lynch for today.

Okay, I buy it.

Unvote

I still don't like Silverspawn.. that puts as at (of people I could lynch):

Off-wagon:  Egor, Lekkit, Awaclus
On-Wagon: Roadrunner, Chairs, Faust

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 16, 2016, 09:27:12 am »

Vote: Egor

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 16, 2016, 11:11:30 am »

unvote.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 16, 2016, 01:12:41 pm »

You don't think it's possible that Teproc analyzed the setup, and then got it wrong?

I don't think scum would come to the conclusion that Fruit Vendor would be a safe fakeclaim, especially given the additional setup information that they have. Also,if Teproc was scum, he would not do this on his own, but instead he would be peer-reviewed by two scum partners.

I guess it's possible, but not likely. Which is all that matters right now.

Depends on who his partners were.

But I have to say that I'm not fond of WW and chairs backing off so easily.

Yea vote: chairs
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #954 on: February 16, 2016, 01:27:09 pm »

Vote Count 2.5

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

RR (2): Lekkit, Awaclus
WW (1): 2.7
chairs (4): Ampharos, faust, SS, ADK
Egor (2): RR, WW

Not Voting (2): EgorK, chairs

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day will end at 9am on the 19th of February, forum time.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 16, 2016, 01:41:24 pm »

I reviewed Hydrad D1 interactions, and sat down to really think about who I think is scum, and I'm going to vote: egork.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 16, 2016, 06:12:31 pm »

I reviewed Hydrad D1 interactions, and sat down to really think about who I think is scum, and I'm going to vote: egork.

Do you have anything to say about your wagon, or about why you think the player with the least amount of posts comes out as the scummiest in your review?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 16, 2016, 06:15:50 pm »

Chairs is at L-2. I don't want to put him at L-1 and force a claim, but I also want to lynch him.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 16, 2016, 06:45:16 pm »

Do you have anything to say about your wagon, or about why you think the player with the least amount of posts comes out as the scummiest in your review?

My wagon is basically you shoving hard.

As far as egorK being my scum read,  there's a specific line where hydrad makes a list of scummy players and calls egorK out on it as a separate item from the rest.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 16, 2016, 07:13:40 pm »

Chairs is at L-2. I don't want to put him at L-1 and force a claim, but I also want to lynch him.

Well, Ampharos was at L-1 and did not claim. it's no guarantee. There was a time back in the old days when you could rely on town to not derphammer.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #960 on: February 16, 2016, 07:16:30 pm »

Well, Ampharos was at L-1 and did not claim. it's no guarantee. There was a time back in the old days when you could rely on town to not derphammer.

I think what he's trying to get at here is that he wants to hammer chairs without giving him the chance to claim as soon as he's at L-1.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 16, 2016, 07:18:33 pm »

I think what he's trying to get at here is that he wants to hammer chairs without giving him the chance to claim as soon as he's at L-1.

I don't know, I'm reading it now as signaling his scum partner that he thinks I'm a power role in case he ends up lynched.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #962 on: February 16, 2016, 07:22:12 pm »

I don't know, I'm reading it now as signaling his scum partner that he thinks I'm a power role in case he ends up lynched.

Then why aren't you voting for him?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 16, 2016, 07:23:06 pm »

My wagon is basically you shoving hard.

As far as egorK being my scum read,  there's a specific line where hydrad makes a list of scummy players and calls egorK out on it as a separate item from the rest.

Just for your information, it usually helps other players if you actually provide the post you are talking about, be it via link or quote.

There are 4 players on your wagon you know. That is not "me shoving hard". And even if it is, apparently I shove hard enough for you to get close to being lynched, so you should probably do something about it.

As for the Hydrad thing, I suppose this is the post you're talking about:

I'm pretty much a lurker though. but ya interesting that he would say you.

If we really wanted a lurker team...

oh man actually theres a decent amount this game.

me/awaclus/chairs/lekkit and egork I guess?

...and this is your reason to think Egor is scum? First of all, this is not a "list of scummy players" as you said it was. It's a list of lurkers, as you can clearly see. Second, uh why would scum single out a partner exactly? Not that it's even singling out, I read it more like a simple listing: There's this guy, that guy and the other guy.

In other words, your "case" is nonexistent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 16, 2016, 07:24:15 pm »

::)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 16, 2016, 07:25:10 pm »

There is just no popular wagon that chairs does not want to be on, except his own.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 16, 2016, 07:55:46 pm »

I like to think that we've evolved from those archaic times.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 16, 2016, 07:56:07 pm »

There is just no popular wagon that chairs does not want to be on, except his own.

That isn't necessarily scummy.  Wagons are fun, and productive.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 16, 2016, 08:05:00 pm »

That isn't necessarily scummy.  Wagons are fun, and productive.

Yeah... but it's scummy when it's the only thing you do.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 16, 2016, 11:06:29 pm »

Okay, so,

I don't like faust's "don't vote for amph" post at all. His reasoning is surprisingly weak for faust, he admits that amph has been scummy since replacing in, and he says that it's not a good lynch "for today." If a lynch is good for later, it's good for today, IMO.

But chairs is ultimately scummier. He's been lurky, even for chairs, and has been doing pretty much nothing but voting on wagons as soon as they form. I know he has a quiet meta but I think that in this case if it looks like scum and quacks like scum then it's probably scum.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 16, 2016, 11:10:52 pm »

Sorry, my fiancee has been in town so I'm not even doing work stuff basically as much as I can.

This never happens where she stays more than a night or two and it's blowing my mind

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 16, 2016, 11:23:13 pm »

I'd call the chairs wagon pretty lame. I don't think his flip gives us any information, so we're basibg this solely on the guess that he's scum. Has anyone even looked at his interactions with Hydrad? I think that'll be my job. I'll do that right now!

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #972 on: February 16, 2016, 11:25:58 pm »

Sorry, I don't like bird meat flavored girl scout cookies  :(
During my reread of chairs I stumbled across this. It's worth noting. I don't like bird flavored Girl Scout cookies, either. Or, I assume I wouldn't like them. I can't say for sure though.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #973 on: February 16, 2016, 11:30:38 pm »

Anyways we have a day till lynch and i'm the leading wagon... That doesn't sound to good.

So I think ss is town with his QT thing. Awaclus or RR it seems? gah. I'm fine with lynching either honestly.

Vote: RR
This points to town Awaclus and town RR.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 16, 2016, 11:39:12 pm »

Okay, here's what I got: Chairs has been sneakily sneaking onto almost every wagon. He has also been posting almost no content, most of his posts are posts saying he's busy. So that's scummy.

On the other hand, I also did a reread of myself and SS. And let me tell you, boy do I sound stupid! Doing a reread of myself was depressing, and it got me thinking: why would my wagon possibly dissolve?

I think my wagon went away because Amapharos became an easier lynch than me for scum, then chairs became an easier mislynch for scum.

In other news, Faust is towny and SS is scummy.

So my town reads now extend to RR, Faust, Awaclus, chairs, Ampharos, and ADK.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 62  All

Page created in 2.251 seconds with 20 queries.