Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 152192 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: February 04, 2016, 09:23:04 am »

Well I guess it works once. Awaclus seems to want to make it a general rule, which does not work. If I misunderstood his intentions, then it is fine I guess. But people could still have found out that this is the reason by following other threads.

I doubt he thought it through this far. I certainly didn't.

Of course he did.
Well, he's here, so no need to speculate. Did you?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 04, 2016, 09:26:15 am »

A few things

Um, because you are pulling a reinoe on your scum partners? I would have done the same thing (banned you from my games).

I don't think this is the same at all. I think he'd either be replaced or the game would be restarted. Since this is a game-deciding rule change that has been deployed right after the game started, it'd be annoying but fair.

The Lekkit case is... very inaccurate I think. I completely disagree with everything. I was going to say doing such a case is scummy, but other people agree, so I don't know what to think. They can't all be scum... or can they?

In yuma's reread of faust I think there was a point if misunderstanding. faust commented on every post - often it was just saying 'this is XX' without judging it, but yuma treated it as if every 'this is XX' comment also implied 'this is bad'.

I agree with the consent that faust is town based on all this. Teproc is also town for his slip and a bit because of Lekkit's case.

RR is being super anti town. vote: RR and stop joking about being scum. try to play for your win con please. Unless you are scum, then you should play against your win con.

I think very inaccurate cases are from town more often than scum.  Also, bad cases are better than no cases. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 04, 2016, 09:27:45 am »

Vote: Gkrieg

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 04, 2016, 09:28:18 am »

ADK I don't want to lynch.  I also still haven't looked up what Fruit Vendor does.  Even in a case where scum knows its a safe claim (I haven't checked myself to see if that's possible), I'm not sure scum!ADK is the kind of player that does this.  Though we've had a string of early town claims lately.

In fact. Fruit Vendor is guaranteed to be counterclaimable.

I'm not sure about Lekkit's last point against Teproc (regarding counterclaiming).. at most I see that it implies Teproc does not have a PR that can counterclaim ADK; I don't see where the rest comes from.  He also claims Teproc is kind of posting without contributing.  I'm not really sure if this is true or not.  Nothing Teproc has done so far has made me want to reaction-vote him.

Here's the thing. If Teproc is a PR, there are basically two possibilities.

1. He's a PR from another row. He'll by his own argument counterclaim.

2. He's a PR from the same rows as Fruit Vendor. That would be Even Night Tracker, Jailkeeper, Watcher or Cop. ANY other PR would be able to counterclaim Fruit Vendor. Since nobody did, we can assume that ADK is in fact Fruit Vendor. Yet, he's still hesitant.

If Teproc is VT, then saying he thought about the claiming thing and then getting things messed up seems unlikely to me. Why would he say that? He knew some of the results of someone claiming, namely that scum would know which setup was rolled. But the IC part that faust laid out for him he missed. Basically he knew what would happen if a PR became known for scum but not for town. Not even why town would want to claim. And saying he "thought about that as well" while seemingly only having thought about it from a scum perspective seems... Not like something a VT would really do.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #304 on: February 04, 2016, 09:30:36 am »

scum!Awaclus is perfectly able to use ongoing rule debates to his benefit I believe. I would not give out town cred for this.

That's irrelevant. University-student-who-actually-needs-to-get-studying-done-because-his-student-financial-aid-depends-on-him-studying-enough-and-he-spent-last-semester-not-studying-enough-so-at-this-point-he-can't-really-afford-to-fail-a-single-course-this-semester-unless-he-wants-to-get-into-pretty-serious-financial-problems!Awaclus is simply unable to play any game as scum as long as QT quoting is not forbidden in that game.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 04, 2016, 09:32:02 am »

ADK I don't want to lynch.  I also still haven't looked up what Fruit Vendor does.  Even in a case where scum knows its a safe claim (I haven't checked myself to see if that's possible), I'm not sure scum!ADK is the kind of player that does this.  Though we've had a string of early town claims lately.

I'm not sure about Lekkit's last point against Teproc (regarding counterclaiming).. at most I see that it implies Teproc does not have a PR that can counterclaim ADK; I don't see where the rest comes from.  He also claims Teproc is kind of posting without contributing.  I'm not really sure if this is true or not.  Nothing Teproc has done so far has made me want to reaction-vote him.

2. He's a PR from the same rows as Fruit Vendor. That would be Even Night Tracker, Jailkeeper, Watcher or Cop. ANY other PR would be able to counterclaim Fruit Vendor. Since nobody did, we can assume that ADK is in fact Fruit Vendor. Yet, he's still hesitant.

If Teproc is VT, then saying he thought about the claiming thing and then getting things messed up seems unlikely to me. Why would he say that? He knew some of the results of someone claiming, namely that scum would know which setup was rolled. But the IC part that faust laid out for him he missed. Basically he knew what would happen if a PR became known for scum but not for town. Not even why town would want to claim. And saying he "thought about that as well" while seemingly only having thought about it from a scum perspective seems... Not like something a VT would really do.

Oh, I see.  That is a better point than I thought. 

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #306 on: February 04, 2016, 09:32:32 am »

Of course he did. I'd seriously support everyone (both alignments) agreeing not to use their night actions and us lynching Awaclus and doing day 1 again on day 2. Or simply finding a way to modkill him for it. But it's not technically against the rules so... we'll have to live with it this game.

That would be ridiculous. This is perfectly allowed by the rules and beneficial for town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 04, 2016, 09:34:14 am »

Of course he did. I'd seriously support everyone (both alignments) agreeing not to use their night actions and us lynching Awaclus and doing day 1 again on day 2. Or simply finding a way to modkill him for it. But it's not technically against the rules so... we'll have to live with it this game.

That would be ridiculous. This is perfectly allowed by the rules and beneficial for town.

WHat reinoe did was beneficial for town. What you're doing is not quite as bad, but it's as close as you can get without getting banned for it. Congrats, you've managed to break the social contract of this game without actually breaking the rules, be proud.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #308 on: February 04, 2016, 09:34:48 am »

WHat reinoe did was beneficial for town. What you're doing is not quite as bad, but it's as close as you can get without getting banned for it. Congrats, you've managed to break the social contract of this game without actually breaking the rules, be proud.

The difference is that reinoe was scum, so it was not beneficial for his own alignment.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 04, 2016, 09:35:21 am »

It is ?

Do I really have to explain what's wrong here ?

I guess I'll do : "I've thought about it", doesn't mean "I've thought about every possible angle and have made no mistake". It just means that I've thought about it.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 04, 2016, 09:40:19 am »

It is ?

Do I really have to explain what's wrong here ?

I guess I'll do : "I've thought about it", doesn't mean "I've thought about every possible angle and have made no mistake". It just means that I've thought about it.

Well I didn't think it was a valid point at all before, and now it has some nonzero amount of validity, so yes, it is a better point than I thought.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 04, 2016, 09:47:53 am »

You had a "main downside" to it. But no upside.

After fausts initial post about creating a semi IC you said you also "thought about it". You mention the downside is that it gives scum information. But faust's proposal is clearly beneficial for town. And when it so happens that ADK claims fruit vendor you immediately come to the conclusion that it's just as likely to be a fake-claim. It's not about every possible angle. If you're a town PR you have one angle to consider. If you're VT you only thought about how scum would benefit from the claim, while completely disregarding the benefits for town.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 04, 2016, 09:51:40 am »

Yes, I was looking at how scum benefitted from it. This is wrong because ?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 04, 2016, 09:52:08 am »

scum!Awaclus is perfectly able to use ongoing rule debates to his benefit I believe. I would not give out town cred for this.

That's irrelevant. University-student-who-actually-needs-to-get-studying-done-because-his-student-financial-aid-depends-on-him-studying-enough-and-he-spent-last-semester-not-studying-enough-so-at-this-point-he-can't-really-afford-to-fail-a-single-course-this-semester-unless-he-wants-to-get-into-pretty-serious-financial-problems!Awaclus is simply unable to play any game as scum as long as QT quoting is not forbidden in that game.

No, THIS is irrelevant since you are still playing this game.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 04, 2016, 09:53:32 am »

Rather : this is scummy because ?

The benefits to such a claim were pretty obvious and laid out by faust. I then had a moment of doubt about those benefits, because I'm dumb. It's not that complicated.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 04, 2016, 09:54:26 am »

Lekkit, you still haven't answered the question why scum!Teproc would do what he did.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #316 on: February 04, 2016, 09:56:25 am »

[/quote]

No, it's relevant precisely because I'm still playing this game. If I had been scum, I wouldn't be.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #317 on: February 04, 2016, 09:56:58 am »

Quotefail.

No, it's relevant precisely because I'm still playing this game. If I had been scum, I wouldn't be.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 04, 2016, 09:58:11 am »

Quotefail.

And all we have for that is your word. So nothing.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #319 on: February 04, 2016, 10:18:13 am »

Quotefail.

And all we have for that is your word. So nothing.

I can copy paste my completed studies page here if you want since that's allowed in this game. Unfortunately, posting a screen shot is not.

Completed studies
Completed studies Total 8.0 Cp
Show language of completed studies  Show credit units Show credit points Show both
If credit points are in parentheses they is not counted in Total
Extend all Codedescending   Study unitdescending   Cp   Grading   Dateascending   Acceptor   
     3621217    Programming I    6    3/5     22.12.2015    Marja Kuittinen    
     3621115    Information Networks for CS students    1    Pass     22.10.2015    Pirkko Voutilainen    
     1131000    Starting academic studies    1    Pass     25.09.2015    Pirkko Voutilainen, Niina Rδsδnen    

Completed studies Total 8.0 Cp   

50 Cp (I'm guessing that stands for course points, they are called opintopisteet in Finnish) are required every year or I lose around 500€ per 5 Cp missing (which you can easily confirm on Google if you want). Although it's not quite as bad as it looks since there are a couple of courses I took last year that I just need to take the final tests for in order to complete them, but it's still bad enough that I can't just stop studying for however many weeks this game is going to take.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 04, 2016, 10:22:51 am »

Why do you like wasting our time?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 04, 2016, 10:25:20 am »

Why do you like wasting our time?

He realized he wasted too much of his time and now has to restore balance to the force.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 04, 2016, 10:32:56 am »

Lekkit, you still haven't answered the question why scum!Teproc would do what he did.

To go with what is best for town?

Rather : this is scummy because ?

The benefits to such a claim were pretty obvious and laid out by faust. I then had a moment of doubt about those benefits, because I'm dumb. It's not that complicated.

No. You didn't doubt the benefits. You forgot why town wanted someone to claim. To me, that's on par with lynching someone because you want to analyze the wagon.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 04, 2016, 10:39:15 am »

To go with what is best for town?

I don't know what you are trying to say.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 04, 2016, 10:52:38 am »

When playing as scum you want to seem towny. I don't really see any arguments why an IC is bad for town. Except scum knowing which one of two or three set ups they're playing in.

After the ADK claim Teproc still wanted to appear towny by not outing that he knew ADK was telling the truth. And that's where I believe he outmaneuvered himself. To not seem like he's scum who knew it was true, he doubted the claim a little, forgetting that the claim was guaranteed to be true for town as well, unless there was no counter-claim.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 62  All

Page created in 2.474 seconds with 20 queries.