Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 62  All

Author Topic: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 152190 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M75: Cupcake Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: February 04, 2016, 08:19:12 am »

What?  ???

That's what I thought too, but does that really make yuma scummy?

Yes. Whenever I think "What? ???", it makes that person scummy.

Ah, so you're explaining your vote.  That solves it, Awaclus has to be scum.

Really, I'm being dead serious here. If I was scum, I would have /outted immediately upon seeing the rule clarification.

But that would be not playing to your win condition.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 04, 2016, 08:26:25 am »

What?  ???

Really, I'm being dead serious here. If I was scum, I would have /outted immediately upon seeing the rule clarification.

And if you had you would have been forever banned from any game I would have hosted in the future.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 04, 2016, 08:27:25 am »

Sorry, have a huge headache for last couple of days, hopefully I'll be able to catch up and contribute over week end

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 04, 2016, 08:32:11 am »

Sent a pm to the mod. Guess we will see what happens

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 04, 2016, 08:57:27 am »

I like Lekkit's argument for scum!Teproc, but WW you say you don't. What makes you think he's wrong?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #280 on: February 04, 2016, 08:58:24 am »

What?  ???

But that would be not playing to your win condition.

That doesn't matter because I could possibly not play to my win condition as scum in this game, since I really need to study, sleep and produce music while this game is still ongoing and I'm not super inclined to throw all of that away just for a game of forum Mafia.

And if you had you would have been forever banned from any game I would have hosted in the future.

Why?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 04, 2016, 09:01:21 am »

Why?

Um, because you are pulling a reinoe on your scum partners? I would have done the same thing (banned you from my games).

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #282 on: February 04, 2016, 09:04:32 am »

Why?

Um, because you are pulling a reinoe on your scum partners? I would have done the same thing (banned you from my games).

How is /outing from a game suddenly pulling a reinoe? If anything, not /outing when you can't play the game is pulling a reinoe.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 04, 2016, 09:05:25 am »

Re: The case on Teproc, well I have a town read on Teproc, but I can see the merit here. I think it would all be fine if there wasn't the post that he's been "thinking about it", because yes it is weird. However we all know weird != scummy, so maybe Lekkit (or anyone else buying the case), could you maybe explain why Teproc would do what he did as scum?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 04, 2016, 09:06:20 am »

Why?

How is /outing from a game suddenly pulling a reinoe? If anything, not /outing when you can't play the game is pulling a reinoe.

Only /outing if you are scum is, because you make it obvious that you are scum and thus harder for your partners to win.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 04, 2016, 09:07:08 am »

A few things

I don't think this is the same at all. I think he'd either be replaced or the game would be restarted. Since this is a game-deciding rule change that has been deployed right after the game started, it'd be annoying but fair.

The Lekkit case is... very inaccurate I think. I completely disagree with everything. I was going to say doing such a case is scummy, but other people agree, so I don't know what to think. They can't all be scum... or can they?

In yuma's reread of faust I think there was a point if misunderstanding. faust commented on every post - often it was just saying 'this is XX' without judging it, but yuma treated it as if every 'this is XX' comment also implied 'this is bad'.

I agree with the consent that faust is town based on all this. Teproc is also town for his slip and a bit because of Lekkit's case.

RR is being super anti town. vote: RR and stop joking about being scum. try to play for your win con please. Unless you are scum, then you should play against your win con.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 04, 2016, 09:08:10 am »

Why?

Only /outing if you are scum is, because you make it obvious that you are scum and thus harder for your partners to win.

but if he /outs then he doesn't have scum partners anymore.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 04, 2016, 09:10:40 am »

I don't think this is the same at all. I think he'd either be replaced or the game would be restarted. Since this is a game-deciding rule change that has been deployed right after the game started, it'd be annoying but fair.

I could not disagree more. It is not a rule change at all because the thing was already allowed by the rules as posted originally, it was simply not stated directly. If you have a problem with that, you would have to voice that before the game starts, or not /in at all. Else you have to live with the consequences of your actions.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #288 on: February 04, 2016, 09:11:12 am »

Well, obviously I wouldn't have told anyone that I'm /outing because I'm scum. Instead, I could have lied about having an off-game reason to cut down on the games of Mafia I'm playing or something.

I agree with the consent that faust is town based on all this. Teproc is also town for his slip and a bit because of Lekkit's case.

What was Teproc's town slip?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 04, 2016, 09:11:33 am »

If you really believe that /outing if and only if you get a scum role is okay, then I cannot help you.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 04, 2016, 09:13:11 am »

If you really believe that /outing if and only if you get a scum role is okay, then I cannot help you.

If no-one knows that's the reason, why not?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 04, 2016, 09:13:21 am »

Scum is much more likely to think about which fakeclaim may or may not work. It's something I always do N0. Teproc however wasn't clear on that. So to me he is either town or it's faked. I don't take scum!Teproc as one to fake townslips.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 04, 2016, 09:16:26 am »

I mean, obviously if he screws over his past scum partners, that's not okay.

I could not disagree more. It is not a rule change at all because the thing was already allowed by the rules as posted originally, it was simply not stated directly. If you have a problem with that, you would have to voice that before the game starts, or not /in at all. Else you have to live with the consequences of your actions.

If it really was in the rules already then that's a different story.

But I don't think it impacts the question of Awaclus' alignment in any way. Even if what he did was, well, immoral, that doesn't mean that he agrees with that i.e. wouldn't do it.

Which is what matters - do you believe that he would do it or not. If you do, and I think I tend towards doing that, then that should give him town cred.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 04, 2016, 09:16:58 am »

If no-one knows that's the reason, why not?

Well I guess it works once. Awaclus seems to want to make it a general rule, which does not work. If I misunderstood his intentions, then it is fine I guess. But people could still have found out that this is the reason by following other threads.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 04, 2016, 09:17:50 am »

Well I guess it works once. Awaclus seems to want to make it a general rule, which does not work. If I misunderstood his intentions, then it is fine I guess. But people could still have found out that this is the reason by following other threads.

I doubt he thought it through this far. I certainly didn't.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #295 on: February 04, 2016, 09:18:49 am »

Scum is much more likely to think about which fakeclaim may or may not work. It's something I always do N0. Teproc however wasn't clear on that. So to me he is either town or it's faked. I don't take scum!Teproc as one to fake townslips.

Oh right. That makes it clear I like the case on yuma more, then.

Oh, I don't intend to sign up for games where QT quoting is allowed in the future.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 04, 2016, 09:19:40 am »

scum!Awaclus is perfectly able to use ongoing rule debates to his benefit I believe. I would not give out town cred for this.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 04, 2016, 09:20:42 am »

I like Lekkit's argument for scum!Teproc, but WW you say you don't. What makes you think he's wrong?

Teproc has not been just "watching the fireworks".  Aside from the theory/setup/debate talk, he has been actively looking at players.  In particular, the move to Hydrad sounds more like town!Teproc than scum!Teproc.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 04, 2016, 09:21:12 am »

I doubt he thought it through this far. I certainly didn't.

Of course he did. I'd seriously support everyone (both alignments) agreeing not to use their night actions and us lynching Awaclus and doing day 1 again on day 2. Or simply finding a way to modkill him for it. But it's not technically against the rules so... we'll have to live with it this game.

As for the people actually playing the game : Lekkit is wrong but townie (and I really can't say more about his case, sorry).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 04, 2016, 09:22:16 am »

vote: Teproc
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 62  All

Page created in 2.18 seconds with 20 queries.